Topic URL: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=64485
Printed on: 09/22/2014

Topic:

Topic author: mrmike08075
Subject: ARMI JAGER DAKOTA TARGET SAA .357 6 1/2"BBL
Posted on: 06/21/2003 3:39:28 PM
1. single action revolver
2. 6 1/2" BBL six shot cylinder
3. adjustable target sights(rear)/high vis. ramp(front)
4. brass frame / case hardened reciever
5. rosewood grips
6. identical to E.M.F. DAKOTA TARGET SAA REVOLVER
7. BOTTOM OF BBL: "ARMI JAGER ITALY"
8. LEFT OF BBL: "CAL 357 MAGNUM"
9. TOP OF BBL: "KASSNAR IMPORT-HARRISBURG PENN."
10. SER.# 42529
11. it has the usual ITALIAN proof marks in abundance

this piece is in NRA FINE/EXCELLANT condition. the case hardening is great, exept for the loading gate(mostly gone). the action is like a swiss watch. it locks up tight, index`s, and functions flawlessly. bluing is 95% or better. the lands, grooves, rifling, muzzle crown, BBL, etc... are exeptional. the trigger is light and has a crisp, clean break at about 2 lbs. the frame screws are a bit chewed up, but will still accept a screwdriver tip.

the gun appears to be identical to the EMF DAKOTA TARGET SAA, but is marked KASSNER instead of EMF HARTFORD. it has been suggested that this was a MONTGOMERY-WARDS, or K-MART special. the BBL length seems a bit odd, but it has not been cut down or altered.

who made it??? when was it made??? who sold it??? what is it worth??? do the odd BBL length and target sights add to the value??? any history, personal experiance, or information would be appreciated. is it a solid shooter for plinking and cowboy style range use??? best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.

Replies:

Reply author: captkirk3@dslextreme.com
Replied on: 06/21/2003 8:15:12 PM
Evening Mike: Just pulled up the ARMI JAGER from the database..Here's what I find..
ARMI JAGER Turin, Italy...Is/Was Imported by E.M.F., Handgun, Revolver...DAKOTA Series
# 1. .22 L.R.R.F., Single Action, Western Style, Various Barrel Lengths....In Very Good Condition....$150.00
#2. Same as above, but with Convertable Cylinder to Magnum Add $25.00.....
#3. Dakota, Various Calibers and Barrel Lengths...$175.00
#4. Dakota, Buntline, Various Calibers....$175.00
#5. Dakota, ENGRAVED, Various Barrel Lengths and Calibers..$325.00
#6. Dakota Sheriff Model 3 1/2" Barrel, Various Calibers...$200.00
#7. Dakota Target Model, Adjustable Sights, Various Calibers and Barrel Lengths...$200.00...
Now it gets interesting................

KASSNAR IMPORTS, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania...Importer of Rifles and Shotguns..
Model M-14S....M-15S.....M-1400....M-1500....all above are Clip Fed Bolt Action .22's...Good Condition are Worth $100.00....

Model M-16....Model M-20S...Simi-Auto, .22 L.R.R.F...$75.00..In Good Condition....

They show to be PARKER HALE DISTRIBUTORS also....along with Fias Double Barrel and Over/Under Shotguns......and Zabala SxS Shotguns.
KASSNAR also imports and sells the TAIYOJUKI Shotguns....

I can't find if EMF was the sole Importer of your Six-Gun or Share the Importing with Kassnar Or gave up the licence and Kassnar took it over...? Hope this sheds a little light on the Subject for You....I'll be watching the Forums so that I can update My Files.....Best......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>

Reply author: mrmike08075
Replied on: 06/21/2003 9:18:01 PM
CAPTAIN KIRK,
my research yielded simaler results. the only good referance i came across was from an older R.L. WILSON price guide. i have found several other "KASSNAR" {elsewhere}ed in various works, but not this SAA revolver.

i think that quality and price would probably be in line with the E.M.F. DAKOTA TARGET, in that they were produced and assembled at the same manufacturing facilty, by the same company.

i am curious to learn what establishments carried and sold this particuler line. i am also looking for some feedback on personal experiances as to quality and function under range conditions.

knowing this information, along with age, and any other facts will help me flesh out my rather sparse file on this piece.
best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.

Reply author: mrmike08075
Replied on: 06/24/2003 9:13:19 PM
BTT
can anybody add to this topic??? best regards, mike.

Reply author: captkirk3@dslextreme.com
Replied on: 06/25/2003 01:51:06 AM
Mike: Have you contacted EMF direct?...They are in Santa Ana, California...about 30 Miles from Me Here In L.A., I suppose I could be Good Dealed into stopping By thier Place Next week on My way to San Diego....Or I can Send you the Phone Number and You can talk to them yo'own self....Let me Know what You would like to do.....Best.......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff

GunBroker.com Message Forums : http://forums.gunbroker.com/

© 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Close Window