GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Politics
 Social Security disability fund soon will run dry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
serf Posted - 01/28/2014 : 09:29:12 AM

Well how will they fix this one! On the backs of the working people of course! Wake UP! Making 20 millon illegals,legal will help says Congress just watch!

serf

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2013/apr/15/rob-portman/sen-rob-portman-says-social-security-disability-fu/

From a practical standpoint, Congress and the White House are likely to act before then. A number of proposals provide ways to avoid a retiree and disabled-worker calamity, some with changes to the payroll tax, some with benefit cuts, some with both. That makes the odds slim that Social Security’s disability fund will actually go broke.

But until that happens, all anybody has are the projections. And they are clear. So is this doomsday for Social Security?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blogdog37 Posted - 02/09/2014 : 12:51:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rack Ops

quote:
Originally posted by blogdog37

Am I correct, isn't SSI a combination of welfare and social security, if I am wrong I will sorry that I stated this inaccuracy
on GunBroker forum.

SSI (Supplemental Security Income) is a federal welfare program for blind/disabled/elderly. The program is administered by Social Security Administration.

blogdog37 says

Illegals working for minimum wage at McDonalds if you count the safety net of Welfare, subsidized housing, utilities, food stamps, food bank give away, free tuition 1 thru 18, free medical read Plyer vs. Doe Supreme court case. those individuals are probably approaching $20.00 per hour with benefits.

I have empathy for the blind/truly disabled/ and of course elderly, the point I was trying to make here-in-above is that social security should be strictly insurance for those who have paid in for a minimum of 120 months, and that true welfare if proved strictly necessary under the most strict terms, should come out of the General Fund.
Rack Ops Posted - 02/05/2014 : 5:04:46 PM
quote:

Am I correct, isn't SSI a combination of welfare and social security, if I am wrong I will sorry that I stated this inaccuracy
on GunBroker forum.

SSI (Supplemental Security Income) is a federal welfare program for blind/disabled/elderly. The program is administered by Social Security Administration.
blogdog37 Posted - 02/05/2014 : 3:52:50 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bpost

SSDI is a way of life in West Virginia and a lot of southern Ohio inbred, scum, system abusing low lives.

You gotta read what this meat headed Judge has done in Huntington WV. What a slime ball, obvious he is on the take and full steam ahead.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704681904576319163605918524
I own property in Saskatchewan Canada, they used that country that has less population than California, and in area has 12 time zones as an example, Canada socialized medicine hold no comparison, it cost $55 per month, if you think Canada is a capitalist democracy, think again, I compare it with the old USSR, the border guards even dress the same.

on GunBroker forum.

serf Posted - 01/30/2014 : 08:31:32 AM
quote:

quote:

SSDI is a way of life in West Virginia and a lot of southern Ohio inbred, scum, system abusing low lives.

You gotta read what this meat headed Judge has done in Huntington WV. What a slime ball, obvious he is on the take and full steam ahead.

on GunBroker forum.

Social security is not a entitlement you and your employer pay for it but the politicization of it along with The Federal Reserve steals it daily!

Now Disability Insurance is an entitlement given away to people to freely now days!

There saying Obama Care will fail because all those real sick people out there are the only one's getting it and the young people are refusing to support this program because of it being a Ponzi scheme for both the government and insurance companies along with The Federal Reserve ponzi scheme on top of all of it!

Like double and triple dippers on the government dole with retirement benefits it's all who you know and wine and dine with!

serf

blogdog37 Posted - 01/29/2014 : 8:35:59 PM
quote:

on GunBroker forum.
bpost Posted - 01/28/2014 : 8:34:23 PM

skyfish Posted - 01/28/2014 : 3:24:07 PM
When LBJ, a crook IMO, signed the law that put the trust into the general fund. All voters should have realized their money was stolen and voted him and all reps and senators out that voted fit the bill. That did not happen. Money is gone.

Sad that it wasn't private accounts.

It is sad, very sad that SS is running out if money when working people put that money in. Yet, welfare seems to never be running out of money when working people have money taken from them to havie their money given to people that don't work.
blogdog37 Posted - 01/28/2014 : 3:14:37 PM
Is there a separate social security disability fund, if there is I am not aware of it being separate, at 77 I do not draw social security however, I have family members that do, most of them worked over 40 years to get it. When I see young people in their twenties drawing benefits not paid for by deceased parents, I can see why the fund is going broke, you could see this happening in the sixties when the quit calling social security an insurance benefit, and started calling it an entitlement, well they were posturing way back over 50 years ago to take benefits that the crooks of both parties have stolen away.

GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page