Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines Message Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums Message Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Winchester model 12 barrel

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bridgebuilder41 Posted - 02/12/2018 : 8:36:31 PM
I was thinking about putting another barrel on my model 12 Winchester, the barrel on it now has a cutts compensator on it.Can I put just another barrel on it, or do I need the complete barrel assembly.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jim Rehm Posted - 02/13/2018 : 08:15:08 AM
You can replace the existing barrel by removing the barrel bushing, bushing lock screw,and bushing lock and receiver extension and installing on the new barrel. The remaining parts of the forearm assembly would be reused. If you desire interchangeable barrel assemblies you would need all the other parts for a complete assembly. Be aware that the receiver extension can be very tight and must be well supported while being removed to prevent bending or twisting and collapse. when reassembled the barrel bushing is used to achieve a tight barrel to receiver fit. Another option depending on the existing barrel length is to cut the barrel off behind the existing adjustable choke and have choke tubes installed. Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page