GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 The new Firefox Quantum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
beneteau Posted - 11/14/2017 : 12:55:29 PM

Released today.

Mozilla is working on a major overhaul of its Firefox browser, and, with the general release of Firefox 57 today, has reached a major milestone. The version of the browser coming out today has a sleek new interface and, under the hood, major performance enhancements, with Mozilla claiming that it's as much as twice as fast as it was a year ago. Not only should it be faster to load and render pages, but its user interface should remain quick and responsive even under heavy load with hundreds of tabs.

Firefox Quantum

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mr. Perfect Posted - 11/15/2017 : 2:54:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by serf

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

I don't dislike this version, for sure.

It's plugged in with Yahoo and Oath advertisements.It's not better for anyone then Bill Gates and other aggregators for revenue.

They used to be rebels under Netscape but they have become what they fought against. Time to dump them for privacy rights and find an upstart company yet on their payroll.

serf
Furthermore, it offers various advertising tools, including Video, Mobile, Data, and Open Ecosystems. The companyís AOL Platforms segment offers interconnected programmatic and premium advertising services for advertisers and publishers. It distributes content via AOLís owned and operated properties, Internet subscription access services, and third-party websites. Oath Inc. was formerly known as AOL Inc. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in New York, New York. Oath Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc.

I use a blocker and ghostery, so it matters not in the least.
Brookwood Posted - 11/15/2017 : 2:48:16 PM
GEEK'S
Brian98579 Posted - 11/15/2017 : 2:10:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky Raab

I'm going to miss the Download Status Bar add-on, but that's a fairly minor loss.

Click on the icon on the upper right corner with the vertical bars. Downloads are there. They killed my RSS aggregator, "Brief", so I've had to find another one, which doesn't work as well
serf Posted - 11/15/2017 : 1:48:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

It's plugged in with Yahoo and Oath advertisements.It's not better for anyone then Bill Gates and other aggregators for revenue.

They used to be rebels under Netscape but they have become what they fought against. Time to dump them for privacy rights and find an upstart company yet on their payroll.

serf
Furthermore, it offers various advertising tools, including Video, Mobile, Data, and Open Ecosystems. The companyís AOL Platforms segment offers interconnected programmatic and premium advertising services for advertisers and publishers. It distributes content via AOLís owned and operated properties, Internet subscription access services, and third-party websites. Oath Inc. was formerly known as AOL Inc. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in New York, New York. Oath Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc.
Rocky Raab Posted - 11/15/2017 : 11:42:54 AM
I'm going to miss the Download Status Bar add-on, but that's a fairly minor loss.
4205raymond Posted - 11/14/2017 : 11:46:08 PM
Just loaded new version of Firefox. Faster than Chrome or Edge.
booger Posted - 11/14/2017 : 8:41:13 PM
Firefox 37 and Windows XP

How could they possibly improve that?

Mr. Perfect Posted - 11/14/2017 : 7:56:08 PM
hoosier Posted - 11/14/2017 : 5:27:56 PM
Just checked my Firefox, it updated and is definitely faster.

My toolbars are still in place.
wpageabc Posted - 11/14/2017 : 4:08:06 PM
Sounds good Firefox is a good platform...
Rocky Raab Posted - 11/14/2017 : 2:58:41 PM
One thing is that Firefox no longer supports toolbars. So if you use something like RoboForm that used to display as a toolbar, you may need a workaround. The one for RoboForm is that the RF symbol now appears in the menu bar, and if you click it, a vertical dropdown list appears. Works just fine on my 'pooter, and it does take up less screen space.
Rocky Raab Posted - 11/14/2017 : 12:58:15 PM
Mine just auto-updated. Everything still works just fine. It doesn't seem any faster on this machine, but pages loaded faster than an eyeblink with the old version, anyway.

I'll be anxious to see if it helps my travel Nextbook, with its limited memory.

GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page