GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 tornado touching down here in NC ..awesome photo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
riflemike Posted - 04/16/2018 : 08:10:23 AM
damaged several homes in my co-worker neighbor hood...this one several..and probably some damage near JamesRK

...photo taker said about 1/2 mile from this pic sent to my wife

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
riflemike Posted - 04/16/2018 : 12:18:52 PM
RALEIGH, N.C. — The National Weather Service Monday afternoon provided a preliminary estimate for Sunday night’s tornado in Greensboro, saying the twister was a “high-end EF-2.” The tornado had max wind speeds of 135 mph and had a path width of at least 300 yards.
spasmcreek Posted - 04/16/2018 : 11:08:13 AM
closest here were 2 at 24 hours apart on the same path in the Greensburg ks cluster few years ago..just 2/3rds mile west of house ...never saw or heard either one with the heavy rain...this is a great photo....
mogley98 Posted - 04/16/2018 : 09:41:22 AM
That looks like a Big un

If I live to be a hundred I could do without ever seeing one any closer then a photo or movie
kimi Posted - 04/16/2018 : 09:18:06 AM
That's a good one alright...picture too!
perry shooter Posted - 04/16/2018 : 09:16:52 AM
glad you are safe Lynchburg Va was also hit And some guy with lack of common sense crashed his small plane about 10 miles from me at 9 PM in heavy storm what was he THINKING thunder storms started a 6:pm and lasted until almost mid night
riflemike Posted - 04/16/2018 : 09:03:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

When I met Ms Bry’ann in Kuwait and we decided we were a couple we discussed where we were going to live when the jobs dried up overseas.

I mentioned OK and KS, she said no way in hell anywhere where tornados happen. We settled on MT then 2 years later a tornado hit Dillon not all that far from where we live. She would rather deal with 9 month long winters than move down south and risk seeing the sky get all twisted up. She was on Ft Benning when one came through the base, she is scared to death of those things.

rarely a tornada here in NC..straight line winds yes..and a lot of watches every year..i believe the worst was in RED Springs NC many many years ago
Big Sky Redneck Posted - 04/16/2018 : 08:59:47 AM
When I met Ms Bry’ann in Kuwait and we decided we were a couple we discussed where we were going to live when the jobs dried up overseas.

I mentioned OK and KS, she said no way in hell anywhere where tornados happen. We settled on MT then 2 years later a tornado hit Dillon not all that far from where we live. She would rather deal with 9 month long winters than move down south and risk seeing the sky get all twisted up. She was on Ft Benning when one came through the base, she is scared to death of those things.
Heavy Chevy Posted - 04/16/2018 : 08:40:19 AM
Oh ya, that's a good one!
riflemike Posted - 04/16/2018 : 08:34:29 AM
i was at work

it hit one area just a few miles from me

had it been a work day for a lot of people there would have been a lot of hurt
allen griggs Posted - 04/16/2018 : 08:30:38 AM
That's a helluva photo! Fantastic!

But he is heading the wrong way, best to look at that monster in the rear view mirror.
grdad45 Posted - 04/16/2018 : 08:28:38 AM
Dayummmm! Too close!

GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page