GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Model 700 Floor Plate Conversion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
petrella90 Posted - 09/21/2004 : 3:47:52 PM
Has anyone heard about a kit you can buy to change a remington 700
floor plate rifle to a clip fed rifle? If so where can you purchase
one of these kits. Thanks Again.

Petrella90
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nononsense Posted - 06/25/2008 : 12:08:08 PM
Gene,

Welcome to the GunBroker forums!

I'm always glad to be wrong in a situation such as this. It's great to see that not only are you still in business but producing the Quik Klip as well. The lack of information on your website and confusion in the industry as to the status of the Quik Klip 4 years ago obviously led me to my erroneous comment. Like I said, it's good to be wrong sometimes.

Best.

41 nut Posted - 06/25/2008 : 12:00:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by nononsense

John,

Trexler Industries, the manufacturer of the Kwik Klip, is out of business.

Trexler Industries is not out of business!! I just ordered 3 of the kits along with spare mags direct from them 3 weeks ago. They still only make the Kwik-Klip conversion kit for the Remington 700 long action only though.

41 nut,

This post was from 4 years ago when there was no mention of the Qwik Klip on Trexler's website and the industry had no information as to what was taking place. There was a period of time where Trexler's website was even down and there was no way to contact them THAT I WAS AWARE OF to get any information. So, as I state below, I'm glad that they're still in business and producing the Kwik Klip.

As to your classified, it's gone. Run your offers through the Auction side. They pay for us to have these forums for free.

Best.

gene trexler Posted - 06/25/2008 : 11:36:29 AM

Trexler Industries is NOT out of business! We are still located in Bethlehem PA and our website is www.trexlerindustries.com

thank you for your continued support!!!

quote:
Originally posted by nononsense

John,

H-S Precision makes a drop box magazine conversion for the Remington 700. It is available through Brownells and through the manufacturer, of course. Remington, themselves, made a drop box magazine set up as a complete rifle that was a failure due to design flaws.

The top of the line conversion is availble from Accuracy International, a British company specializing in extreme accuracy rifles and replacement stocks for the 700 Remington. You can buy a replacement stock built around a bedding block system and add magazines as you have a need. They have 5 and 10 round magazines available for the short action .308 family of cartridges. The long action stock is available with 5 round magazines only.

Best of luck!

mudge Posted - 09/22/2004 : 2:45:14 PM
I have a Remington 700 Ultra Mag. Do I understand that I might be able to convert this to box fed or am I reading wishful thinking into this post?

Never mind...I just went to Accuracy International's website. Alot there to make your mouth water but nothing I can afford.

Mudge the excitable disappointed

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
GUNBASHER Posted - 09/22/2004 : 10:38:36 AM
I have 2 left if you still need one.They are new I never installed them and I think I have a couple of extrra clips to. If your still looking email at gunbasher@aol.com

nononsense Posted - 09/22/2004 : 10:34:52 AM
John,

H-S Precision makes a drop box magazine conversion for the Remington 700. It is available through Brownells and through the manufacturer, of course. Remington, themselves, made a drop box magazine set up as a complete rifle that was a failure due to design flaws.

The top of the line conversion is availble from Accuracy International, a British company specializing in extreme accuracy rifles and replacement stocks for the 700 Remington. You can buy a replacement stock built around a bedding block system and add magazines as you have a need. They have 5 and 10 round magazines available for the short action .308 family of cartridges. The long action stock is available with 5 round magazines only.

Best of luck!

Pauper Posted - 09/21/2004 : 7:05:34 PM
MDBurns is correct.

Years ago they were called, "Kwik-Klip" and offered by Brownells. However, it is my understanding now that they are no longer made and are no longer available (at least from Brownell). I have 2 of these from years past. One is NIB and other one is like NIB but I doesn't have the original cardboard box in which it came. I tried to order some more of these about 6 months (or so) ago, but the Brownell web site kept giving me a "No longer available"

MDBurns Posted - 09/21/2004 : 5:55:34 PM
Years ago there was one called, "Kwik-Klip."
ATF Posted - 09/21/2004 : 5:49:41 PM
Try Brownell's.

When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns

GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page