GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Person to Person gun sale
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
22508 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  9:51:17 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering exactly which states ban person to person gun sales within their state. Does this apply to all firearms in those states or just handguns?

And gosh darn glad I don't live in one of them!!!

The government has no RIGHTS. ONLY the PEOPLE have RIGHTS which allows the government to function.

hughes1

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  10:06:47 PM  Show Profile
I'll get things started...California has banned all private party sales, therefore all firearm sales must go through a dealer.
Go to Top of Page

1KYDSTR

USA
2332 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Land of Fruits and Nuts (with no nuts might I add!), Californication etc...I feel for you living there...what a bunch of offal!!! If Illinois goes to that I'm moving back to Michigan!!!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
"Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
"History is written by winners"(Patton)
"You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
"There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

12811 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  07:49:23 AM  Show Profile
There's no need for us to discuss every state in the Union.

The law varies by state; for specific states (as well as cities & counties), check the ATF website.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

EOD Guy

1017 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:31:22 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hughes1

I'll get things started...California has banned all private party sales, therefore all firearm sales must go through a dealer.

Generally correct, but rifles and shotguns over 50 years old are exempt.

Go to Top of Page

boltthrower

190 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile
I know I'm naive about some things, but are you serious about no private sells in California? Surely not!!
Go to Top of Page

only winchesters

USA
1673 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:40:49 PM  Show Profile
That's is correct,no private sales in CA. I believe the 50 year old, requirement only applies to the waiting period. You still have to go through the DOJ check. Hopefully one of the "experts" can clear that up. Regards Dave
Go to Top of Page

BigBarn

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  6:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Winchesters is right! Absolutely no private gun sales in our beautiful state. And as far as I am concerned, that sucks! It just is not right that the goverment can tell you that you can not pass one one of your guns to your grand-children, or any one else for that matter! Gotta get these liberal a%% h%%les out of here!

If anyone can figure out how to do it, please let me know!

BigBarn

"Respect the land, and it will respect you"
Go to Top of Page

Salvage33

USA
2386 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Vote'em out of office...or move to Nevada before the 'big one' hits and makes Las Vegas beach front property.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
Go to Top of Page

1KYDSTR

USA
2332 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  12:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey BigBarn...I have a number of suggestions on how one might go about getting rid of those a**h*#&$^@s but I fear Arnold be be watching and I don't want to anger the "Terminator"! I agree with the voting them out of office thing but it would surely take too long! How can state law outweigh federal like that? I thought we fought one war about that "states rights" thing already?!?! In all seriousness, does this apply to C&R transfers too? I'm actually really confused by this! And not just a little upset by it too! This whole thing of state law rewriting the U.S. constitution is a grim scenario for the nationwide scope of things! I think I'll take this to the "politics" forum...seems like a better place to discuss it!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
"Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
"History is written by winners"(Patton)
"You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
"There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
Go to Top of Page

merlinn

USA
709 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  01:31:22 AM  Show Profile
CALIFORNIA SUCKS!!!!! DON'T GO THERE IF'N YOU CAN HELP IT.
Go to Top of Page

manderson

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  07:54:56 AM  Show Profile
Time to lock up (or poof) Captain "K"! This is a general discussion.
Go to Top of Page

drawn

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  12:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Antique pre 1899 if ammo is not readily available and the person receiving the gun is not restricted from having firearms need not go through an FFL in Ca.

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARIVING SAFELY IN ONE PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED PIECE, BUT, TO SKID ACROSS THE LINE BROADSIDE, THOUGHRLY USED UP, WORN OUT, LEAKING OIL, SHOUTING GERONIMO!!"

Edited by - drawn on 05/01/2004 12:34:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Salvage33

USA
2386 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  2:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Just a little more fuel for the fire...C&R FFL's will no longer be applicable under PRK law, effective Jan. 2005!

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
Go to Top of Page

pickenup

USA
22784 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  4:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Yup, that means if you are a law abiding person with a C&R today.
With one swift stroke of the pen, you will be a criminal come Jan 1 if you try to use it.

What a state.

Oh and doesn’t the person to person thing include the fact that you can not pass on your “collection” to your children without your kids going through all the BS?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
Go to Top of Page

beantole

1392 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  8:36:29 PM  Show Profile
I don't know why people who like guns stay in California, Illinois, New Jersey or Maryland. We had enough and left Illinois 3 years ago, it will NEVER have CCW.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page