GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Armsport/Angelo Zoli O/U?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TJguns
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2004 :  12:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please Help.
I have a O/U 12 gauge shotgun with Armsport stamped on one side of barrel and Made in Italy #21 on the other side. Markings under the forearm are the number 1628 on the left side and choke markings of F/M. The right side is stamped Ang. Zoli Brescia Italy. The barrel also has stamped KG1,530 and Cam 75. Underneath the barrel is stamped 16 magnum. I would like to know more about the value and model of this gun. Can anybody help?

Edited by - TJguns on 07/19/2004 12:16:46 AM

2520wcf

145 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2004 :  4:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For what little it's worth, I can tell you that Angelo Zoli made the first O/U shotguns imported by Weatherby before they started to have them made by Miroku. Angelo is one of at least three A.Zolis in the Brescia area making O/Us. The older ones, including the Weatherby marked ones, I've seen were good middle grade field guns. Some of the last made were crap. Armsport has imported all grades of guns from "Best" to "bowser."

HOWEVER, you can get a better response by writing down every bit of marking on the gun, especially on the flats of the barrels (inside), and listing those markings and their locations in a question to the DoublegunBBS on www.gunshop.com. Someone there is very likely to be a "Zoli adept" (I was going to say "Zoli freak" but perhaps that is no longer pc).

Go to Top of Page

2520wcf

145 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2004 :  4:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please excuse brainfart--I believe that the later Weatherby 0/Us were made by SKB....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page