GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Is a double stack .22 pistol possible?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rembrandt
Advanced Member

5509 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  1:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Curious if anyone has ever built a double stack hi-cap .22....have anything to do with the shells having a rim and not feeding correctly?

lead

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  1:48:56 PM  Show Profile
The Ram-Line pistol had a 15 round double stack mag., if I remember correctly.

Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns cause they taste funny?
Go to Top of Page

HappyNanoq
Advanced Member

Greenland
12038 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  3:59:43 PM  Show Profile
Ive seen doublestacked mags for rifles in .22lr.
So why not a pistol too?

Think it was a 25 shot rifel, the mag was just about the double length of my Anshutz 10-shots.

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Australia
36640 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  4:20:56 PM  Show Profile
The Grendel P-30 holds 30 rounds of .22 mag in a double stack in a standard semi-auto configuration.
Go to Top of Page

bambihunter
Advanced Member

USA
9554 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  4:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, feeding is not a problem (think Ruger 10/22 here with 50 round "banana" mag).
The Grendel that HeDog mentioned is one of the highest capacity factory setup that I can think of off the top of my head but it's in .22 WMR only best I can recall.
The highest .22lr capacity pistol that I can think of without looking it up would probably be the Intratec Tec-22 which uses a 10/22 type magazine. I used to REALLY want one of these, I wonder if they will come available now that the AWB is gone or if they were affected by the 1989 ban also. Does anyone know for sure?
Go to Top of Page

fishermanben
Advanced Member

USA
11961 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  5:38:30 PM  Show Profile
I think it's a helluva idea. imagine a .22 LR pistol with a 30 round capacity in the grip. Now that would be a fun plinker.

Ben

I root for the and anyone who is playing the
Go to Top of Page

PATBUZZARD
Advanced Member

USA
3269 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  11:29:44 AM  Show Profile
Where do I order one?

"Gunner sabot tank! Identify! UP! Fire! ON THE WAY!!" <<boom>>

"The two loudest sounds in the world are a click when it should've gone bang, and a bang when it should've gone click."

Go to Top of Page

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  12:10:18 PM  Show Profile
what fun is plinking if youre not hitting anything? imagine the fatigue of holding a hi cap 22 out there for the 20th round? not me!
Go to Top of Page

beantownshootah
Advanced Member

USA
12956 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  2:04:24 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bobski

what fun is plinking if youre not hitting anything? imagine the fatigue of holding a hi cap 22 out there for the 20th round? not me!

I see your point, but really, what's the difference if its the 20th round of your high cap, or the last round of your second 10 round magazine?

Has ANYONE ever gone shooting .22s and shot LESS than 10 rounds total?

The only difference the high-cap makes is you don't have to carry an extra mag (or reload as often).

Go to Top of Page

bambihunter
Advanced Member

USA
9554 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  2:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, with the extra weight of a full capacity mag it's just like a S&W model 41 with the weights.
For me, there's different guns for different days. I've been in weird moods before and instead of taking a shotgun rabbit hunting I took my 10/22 and a 50 round mag and everytime a bunny ran I started punching the hell-fire trigger. I did fairly well that day, about as well as I would have if I would have used the .410 shotgun. And, with the difference in the price of shells it ended up costing about the same. But, that's something (for me personally) that doesn't happen often. I like accuracy most of the time when target shooting or hunting. But, it is a lot of fun to set up some tin cans and blast through 50 rounds as fast as you can. I guess that only interests those of us that haven't ever got to play with real full-auto's...
Go to Top of Page

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  3:12:55 PM  Show Profile
has anyone remembered what your thumb looks or feels like after loading the 50th round in a drum or a mag that big?

Edited by - bobski on 10/14/2004 3:14:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Australia
36640 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  3:16:33 PM  Show Profile
The Grendel is tupperware and weighs almost nothing. Dang thing is LOUD though, and now has gotten too collectable and valuable to go plinking with.
Go to Top of Page

bambihunter
Advanced Member

USA
9554 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  3:53:03 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bobski

has anyone remembered what your thumb looks or feels like after loading the 50th round in a drum or a mag that big?

Yeah, that's why Ramline came out with a nifty little mag loader. It works real well until it jams which for me is probably every tenth 50 round mag or so. Still, that's a brick of ammo with ease.

Bobski, I am sure not taking anything away from careful aim and the utmost in accuracy, but there is a certain "fun factor" in just loading up a bunch of high cap mags and letting the lead fly.
Go to Top of Page

Rembrandt
Advanced Member

5509 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  4:10:59 PM  Show Profile
I'd buy a double stack S&W 41 or 1911 chambered in .22 faster than Kerry can flip flop...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page