GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Mannlicher-Schonauer bolt disassembly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PA Shootist

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  8:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to disassemble the bolt of my Mannlicher-Schonauer MCA 1961 model, to clean and degrease the striker/firing pin and lube it for cold weather operation. Anyone know how to do so?

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15755 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  10:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The NRA Guide to Rifles and Shotguns" 1980 Edition, ISBN 0-935998-32-2 has the IPB & disassembly instructions for the 1950 Model Mannlicher-Schoenauer. Don't know if this will do you any good?

go to www.bookfinder.com as the above is a paperback, you can usually pick up used copies inexpensively.

Go to Top of Page

roysha

636 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  09:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any copy of "The Shooters Bible" from the late 40s to the mid 60s has a page detailing the bolt disassembly. Stoeger was the importer of those FINE, FINE rifles until they were discontinued. If you can't find a copy handy, let me know and I'll dig out an old copy and post the information.

Flush the Johns on Election Day.
Go to Top of Page

PA Shootist

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  1:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestions! I have ordered a copy of the NRA Firearms assembly guide; I also found on a web-site instructions to disassemble the bolt, and I have already done so, and cleaned her up and reassembled. The rifle is indeed a jewel, and I look forward to taking her hunting this fall here in Pennsylvania.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page