GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Stevens Model 49 (.22 Pump??)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slideact.22

109 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  2:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know about this model? Looks like my Stevens 75. Actually looks even more like a Savage 29 (with pistol grip). The only 49 I can find listed (1999 Standard catalog of Firearms, by Schwing) is also referred to as "Walnut Hill" presumably a single shot. TIA for any info; store brand? regular production/special? years produced?

joel_black

USA
681 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  12:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The model 49 "Challenge" was only listed in a 1929 Stevens price list. I am sure it was a victim of the depression which explain why you can't find any info on it. BTW it was priced at $6, while the Favorite was $9.25 at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

pact

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  6:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Steven's 49. It is identical to the steven's 75. The 75 is a ecomomy copy of the Savage 29. Remember Savage owned Steven's at this time. I kinda feel that the 49 was a miss stamp. I have seen Steven's marked 29 also.

Pact
Go to Top of Page

slideact.22

109 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  10:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, confirms my suspicion. This 49 was so stamped on left of receiver whereas the 75 has it on the barrel. But moot now as seller listed it once but then decided to keep it. I'm still looking for oddball .22 pumps; anyone got a Febiger or Batavia? TIA, Jerry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page