GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Remington Apache 77
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uintah

65 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  7:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for information on a Remington .22 semi auto clip fed rifle, marked on bottom of pistol grip:Remington Apache 77. It has a green plastic stock with a black matte finish on the metal cover. It is in near new condition. Is this one of the last of the nylon series that Remington put out for K-mart? Any info would be appreciated on manufacturing years, production #'s, value, ect.

jptatum

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  4:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the Blue book of Gun Values, 25 Ed., p. 1218-9, these rifles were manufactored for K-Mart, 1987- 89. They do not give any numbers. For one in 100% condition they say it is worth $135, but do not believe it. I bought mine for $186 and I know of some that have sold for more than $200.

J. Patrick Tatum
Go to Top of Page

Pinhead

1518 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  4:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Around here in East Tennessee you couldn't sell those nylon stocked Remington's very well-then or now. But from watching the adds in Shotgun News and some of the trader sources they must be doing alright in other parts of the country. I only shot one and that was when they first came out. It was very accurate-at least the one I had a chance to shoot.
Go to Top of Page

01DUSE

Canada
118 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  5:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought my last 77 for $120 Canadian including 5 magazines. Of all my Nylons it is the one I shoot the least. If I can find a Nylon 11 or 12 in the same condition I will piece this one off. It is a great shooting rifle, though, but I just prefer the earlier models is all. I can't put my hands on my copy of Gun Digest(1980 something?) right now but there is a fantastic article in there with all the production numbers, etc. ATF on this forum may be able to help you out...I think he has a copy of the same article.

Men, like bullets, go farthest when they are smoothest.
Go to Top of Page

remingtongeo

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  11:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 77's were the last nylon rifles of the line. They came out from 1970-72. In those three years there were 15,000+ made. They came in a black stock either blued or chromed barrel and action. Then in 1987 Remington made 54,700+ with a green stock that they sold though K-Mart only.

New in a box 250+, excellent 150-170. As soon as the stock starts getting scuffs on it, kiss excellent condition away. It's no major collectors piece so enjoy shooting it. They still make mags for it.

I like the way the nylons feel and they are good shooters. It's not my first choice but, fun to plink with.

Gun controll is a good eye and a steady hand.
NRA instructor and coach.
Go to Top of Page

JIM STARK

1593 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  08:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Nylon 77..NOT the "77 APACHE" was manufactured '70-'72...
8256 in 1970, 6069 in 1971, and 722 in 1972..total production was 15047. This rifle was offered ONLY in "mohawk brown" with white diamonds and spacers. It was fed by a 5 round box magazine... It was replaced by the model 10C.. (C for clip..10 for capacity)..This rifle was identical to the Model 77 with the exception of the 10 rd. magazine capacity... The black and chrome color scheme mentioned in the above post was offered in the model 66 autoloader and the model 76 "trailrider" (lever action). The model 77"apache" was mechanically identical to the model 10C.. An exclusive ,manufactured for sale in K-MART stores.. It had a mottled green stock with swirls of black,white,and rust brown.. The exterior metal parts were finished in a black bake on type of finish..not sure of the chemical makeup, but rather durable and kind of dull or matte in appearance...

The easiest method of identification to use on a Remington "NYLON" .22, is to look at the GRIP CAP... The model Number appears there.....

Go to Top of Page

jptatum

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  10:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In west central Indiana the Remington nylon series is considered very collectable. I bought my 77 Apache about two years ago.

J. Patrick Tatum
Go to Top of Page

remingtongeo

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  03:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim is correct. Sorry for the bogus info, I was going by memory.

Gun control is a good eye and a steady hand.<BR>NRA instructor and coach.<BR>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page