GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 INTERARMS, ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA????????????????????
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrmike08075
Advanced Member

USA
2891 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  7:37:27 PM  Show Profile
1. they used to be headquartered and had there facilities located in ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA.

2. they are no longer in ALEXANDRIA VA, or the surrounding area.

3. they may no longer be in buisness, or have relocated.

4. i need to know if there still in buisness (doubtful), or who is now handling there WARRENTY REPAIR services / contracts (preferred).

5. i have a rifle that was imported and warrenteed by INTERARMS. the rifle needs repairs. i essentialy need to contact whoever is now handling there repair work.

please offer some assistance if you are able.

best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19227 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  7:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Interarms is finished Mike, they closed their doors in late 1999. I am unaware of anyone who will honor Interarms warranties, even on firearm brands which are still currently imported.

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
Mark T. Christian
Go to Top of Page

duckhunter
Advanced Member

8419 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  8:12:14 PM  Show Profile
What is the make of your firearm that needs work??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
Go to Top of Page

EVILDR235
Advanced Member

3035 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  12:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Interarms.yeah I remember them.I bought a Rossi model 518 from them.They boinked me too.The company that took over importing Rossi's said they would not fix a gun imported by Interarms,but if I bought a Rossi from them they would fix it forever also.I heard they are out of business also.So much about fixing it forever.I don't buy no more imported guns from nobody.
BUY AMERICAN,
EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.
Go to Top of Page

D.S.COLE

653 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  08:23:45 AM  Show Profile
What make of rifle do you have? I can probably help you if I know the Mfg name.

Go to Top of Page

Xracer
Advanced Member

2551 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  09:10:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Wunnerful World of Firearms Importers! Here today, gone tomorrow.

Anybody who's been playing the "Gun Game" for a number of years has seen a bunch of 'em come and go.
Go to Top of Page

mrmike08075
Advanced Member

USA
2891 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  5:54:59 PM  Show Profile
NORINCO JW-15
the gun is NIB and has never been used...

both ARMSCOR and KBI refused to help...
MARSTAR of CANADA will ship parts, but will not accept a firearm from a US resident. they currently have no / zero parts or complete guns in stock. they said they would put my name on a "work order" and i could call them every 3 months to check on parts availability...

MARSTAR is the only company in NORTH AMERICA who still imports NORINCO firearms (banned in the US) and the only company in this hemisphere who does warranty work for NORINCO firearms.

the guy who owned the gun was a retired gunsmith. he jeweled the bolt, did a 25% engraving (nimske style "b" coverage) on the reciever, and custom fabricated a steel buttplate and pistol grip cap. the gun mounts an enormous NORTWEST TERRITORIES 3-9X32 scope.

the problem is:
the BBL channel on the stock was 10 degrees off center to the left. the manufacturer forced the gun into the stock and cracked it. i have glued the wood, and attempted to relieve the BBL channel with rasp, file, and paper, but i will have to take out so much wod that the forend would be to thin and fragile. plus the would is poor quality...

i have placed an order with CUSTOM GUNSTOCK CO for a plain grade black walnut stock for the gun.

i am still frustrated that i cant find a person / company to do warranty work.

best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.

Edited by - mrmike08075 on 02/11/2005 6:00:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19227 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  7:03:39 PM  Show Profile
You are going to have to go to an independent gun smith and have the probelm corrected out of your own pocket Mike. Marstar is not going to touch a Norinco firearm coming in from the States since these firearms are banned from importation and even if Marstar would take the rifle, based on the level of customizing I doubt that they would even work on it. I also doubt that Interarms, if they were still around, would honor any warranty on such a customized firearm. Since many firearms warranties are only for the original purchaser I doubt that anyone would work on the rifle under the original warranty after it changed hands. If I recall correctly these rifle retailed for $119 back in around 1992, were copies of the Czech BRNO, and were decent little guns for the money...but not exactly my first choice for building a custom .22 rifle.

Mark T. Christian
Go to Top of Page

mrmike08075
Advanced Member

USA
2891 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  7:26:59 PM  Show Profile
i paid $50.00 for the gun, scope, rings, etc... all paperwork and boxs still intact. i figure the scope and rings are worth around $70.00...

the engraving is superb. the guy had alot of skill, the right tools, and time on his hands. the jewling looks nice. the steel custom fabricated buttplate and pistol grip cap are plain finished, but works of art. the action has been smoothed, and the trigger worked...

at this point i have very little in the gun. the stock i ordered will not cost me much, as i worked out a dealer-to-dealer agreement / exchange of services / trade.

anyone want to guess at the value considering the above info, assuming i do not ruin the stock???

i consider it a poor mans CZ or COOPER at this point.

i was so frustrated at not being able to get any satisfaction on this gun... the previous owner did some nice and elaborate custom work, so i caved in and ordered the custom wood...

am i crazy???
did i do to much in effort and $???
what do you guys think???

best regards, mike.

Go to Top of Page

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19227 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  7:48:44 PM  Show Profile
Come on Mike, you spent all of $50 on the rifle and you are upset that no one will honor a warranty for you (the second owner) and a full 9 years after importation was discontinued. I think your level of expectation is set at an unrealisitic level in this particular situation. I am sure that it is a wonderful ChiCom rifle so just pony up the money to have it fixed and then enjoy it.

Mark T. Christian
Go to Top of Page

mrmike08075
Advanced Member

USA
2891 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  8:51:15 PM  Show Profile
okay...
i am frugal...
(cheap???)...

i like to pay as little as possible for guns of the highest quality in the best condition...

sometimes the satisfaction of the deal is almost equal to the pride in the item purchased...

besides, i am poor...

best regards, mike.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page