GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 7.62x28 Pistol Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ArmaliteA4

509 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  12:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am wanting to buy a pistol in this caliber to bang around with.

I do not know what is the best quality pistol in this caliber.
I was thinking maybe a CZ52, but I don't know what is the best as far as reliability,accuracy etc.

I am hoping some of the more learned in this crowd could possibly steer me in the right direction.

Thanks for any input.

You may take the most gallant sailor,the most intrepid airman,or the most audacious soldier,put them together at a table.
What do you get?
The sum of their fears
-Winston Churchhill

As Marines, our message to our foes has essentially always been the same, "We own this side of the street! Threaten my country or our allies and we will come over to your side of the street, burn your hut down, then whisper in your ear, "Can you hear me now?"..... And then secure your heartbeat.
A Marine

quikdraw67
Advanced Member

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5357 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  12:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing you mean 7.62x25. To the best of my meager knoledge, your choices are Tokarov, Cz-52, and broomhandle mauser (pretty sure the ammo interchanges.) . I have the Cz-52 and tokarov, like the Cz-52 the best.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"
Go to Top of Page

Henry0Reilly
Advanced Member

USA
13699 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  1:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quikdraw67

I'm guessing you mean 7.62x25. To the best of my meager knoledge, your choices are Tokarov, Cz-52, and broomhandle mauser (pretty sure the ammo interchanges.) . I have the Cz-52 and tokarov, like the Cz-52 the best.

NO! The ammo does not interchange. 7.62x25 ammo is too powerful for the Broomhandle, even though dimensionally it is almost exactly the same.

Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Not a member at the auction? Join GunBroker at this link!
Go to Top of Page

gruntled
Advanced Member

8857 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  2:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of people will try to sell you 7.62X 25 for your broomhandle but Henry is right. The only thing stopping you from eating the bolt is the boltstop. The one on mine shattered into several pieces. It did stop the bolt but I hate to think what might have happened if I had not been using 7.63 X 25 ammo.

Go to Top of Page

ArmaliteA4

509 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking of buying a 7.62.25

I do not know all pistols that are chambered in this caliber.

I DID mean to type x25 in the above post, I guess all the 5.7x28 hype got my fingers crossed up.

Now,

are there any problems or concerns regarding the CZ?

I am hoping someone will enlighten me before I take the great leap.

You may take the most gallant sailor,the most intrepid airman,or the most audacious soldier,put them together at a table.
What do you get?
The sum of their fears
-Winston Churchhill

As Marines, our message to our foes has essentially always been the same, "We own this side of the street! Threaten my country or our allies and we will come over to your side of the street, burn your hut down, then whisper in your ear, "Can you hear me now?"..... And then secure your heartbeat.
A Marine
Go to Top of Page

quikdraw67
Advanced Member

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5357 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  4:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Cz-52 has a habit of breaking firing pins, thats about it.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"
Go to Top of Page

chunkstyle
Advanced Member

USA
2860 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  4:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CZ-52 is a fabulous combat handgun. The ammo shoots very flat, and has a very high muzzle velocity, comparable to a .357 mag. The light bullet (normally 85gr. in milsurp) means it doesn't have a lot of knockdown power, or recoil, but its high velocity means it has no problem going through, say, a car door. (Should you find yourself in a defensive situation requiring yourself to do so, that is.)

The grip shape is a bit unusual, and often takes getting used to. It only holds 8 rounds. Since they are milsurp, sometimes minor gunsmithing must be done to make a specific example shoot reliably. It has no toggle for the slide release. And it shoots single-action only.

I have even been know to carry it CCW, as its slim profile makes it highly concealable.

There exist conversions to 9x19 Parabellum ammo, and also 9x23 Largo. Some report that the 9x19 one has feeding difficulty. The grips are ugly, but there are lots of handsome wood replacements out there.

As for ammo, right now milsurp is plentiful and inexpensive, but I wouldn't count on it staying that way. It's commercially made too, at a slightly higher price. If you get boxer-primed commercial stuff, like is made by S&B, Fiocchi, or FNM, it's reloadable, and then you can choose from several different bullets, and generally get more consistant results than with 50-year-old milsurp.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
~President George W. Bush
Go to Top of Page

ArmaliteA4

509 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  04:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks alot guys,I will be ordering one soon.

A buddy of mine and myself will be splitting shipping,he wants one as well.

I can't wait

What do you get?
The sum of their fears
-Winston Churchhill

A Marine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page