GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 who rides pre unit triumphs, any brit?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knucklehead14

1458 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  10:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sound off.

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"

knucklehead14

1458 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  11:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someones gotta have one, I can understand not wantin to admit it though.

Stirrin.

"UNTIE!"
Go to Top of Page

rldowns3
Advanced Member

USA
6718 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  11:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing wrong with a triumph. Great bikes.

Go to Top of Page

Tailgunner1954
Advanced Member

7656 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  1:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never owned/rode a Triumph. Had Nortons and Greeves however, and spend a little time riding a BSA.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
Go to Top of Page

kristov
Advanced Member

USA
10074 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  7:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are so many motorcycle threads on the board that I missed this one. I rode a Norton Commando back and forth between my parents home in Santa Monica and USC every day for four years. I was not an enthusiest, it was all we could afford for transportation and if a motorcycle license was needed in CA back in 1974 I was in violation everytime I rode out of the driveway in the morning. The Commando was not really a bad machine: It had rubber mountings for the engine and trans so the ride was very smooth, the chain seldom ever needed adjustment and the thick padding of the seat made riding around town very comfortable. The downside was it's kick starter coupled with a pair of very troublesome Amal carbs which made start ups a real chore, even in the moderate Southern California climate. The guy next door to us rode a Yamaha of some sort and I used to watch with envy as he'd punch the starter button on the Yamaha, fire it up and then ride straight away while I kept fiddling with the choke and throttle while kicking the day lights out of the Norton. I sold the Commando when I graduated and returned to USC for my post graduate studies on four wheels rather than just two. That was about 25 years ago and I have not owned or even riden a motorcycle since then but maybe when I retire I'll pick up where I left off and buy an old Norton!

Edited by - kristov on 11/05/2005 7:03:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tailgunner1954
Advanced Member

7656 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  8:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kristov
Wait until you start a 750 Commando, with 10.5:1 Dunstall pistons, when it's 20* out.

Lock the choke lever into the "open" position (or remove the choke mechanisum completly).
Put trans in Nutral
Pull in the clutch and kick until the kicker moves freely.
Open both tank petcocks.
"Tickle" both carbs until fuel comes out. Close the "reserve" petcock.
With the key off, kick it through twice.
With the key on, crack the throttle slightly and give it one good boot.
Enjoy the feel/sound of a real motorcycle.

Go to Top of Page

Tailgunner1954
Advanced Member

7656 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  8:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucas, Prince of darkness, inventor of black light.
Why do the British drink warm beer? Because they have Lucas refrigarators.

Go to Top of Page

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  8:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone who owns and rides a pre 79 triumph is into pain and misery. though great bikes to ride, keeping them running was and still is a pain. whenever is see a pre 79 go by, i say a prayer for the rider...GOD, GET HIM HOME.
i sold my 68 bonnie after it seized for the 2nd time for no reason with less than 8000 miles.
================
heres some humor i dreamed up one night when i was really torqued off after pushing my bonnnie off the interstate in the rain one day. tell me which is your favorite. remember, only TRUE triumph owners will get half these jokes. enjoy.
================
Triumph Bonneville
Tee Shirt Messages
By Bob Ski

1. CAUTION!
LOOSE NUTS AND BOLTS!

2. HARLEY WHO?

3. PICKUPS ARE GOD SENT

4. BUILT BEFORE
THE MOON WALK

5. IT AINT A BIKE
UNLESS IT HAS SPOKES

6. WHAT'S AN ELECTRIC START?

7. POSITIVE GROUND
POSITIVE ATTITUDE

8. I PUSH IT MORE
THAN I RIDE IT

9. HONK
IF MY MUFFLER
FALLS OFF

10. IF YOU WEREN'T AWAKE IN 68
THIS IS WHAT YOU MISSED

11. LOOK WHAT YOU
MISSED BEING STONED
IN THE 60'S!

12. I'M SMILING BECAUSE ITS RUNNING

13. NO, ITS NOT A PONTIAC

14. I'M FEELING BRAVE.
HOME IS OVER A BLOCK AWAY

15. IT RUNS ON TEA
NOT RICE

16. WHATZAHARLEY?

17. THE ABILITY
TO KEEP ONE RUNNING
IS A TRIUMPH.

17. TRI-UMPH.
IT'S THE SOUND YOU MAKE
AFTER YOU TRI TO
PUSH START ONE.

18. MY WIFE RIDES
TO HELP PUSH IT HOME

19. I CAN WEAR OUT 5 TRIUMPHS
FOR THE PRICE OF 1 HARLEY

20. QUICK!
TAKE A PICTURE!
IT'S RUNNING!

21. WHO NEEDS
Baley FITNESS
WHEN YOU CAN PUSH
ONE OF THESE?

22. YOU'D BE BOW LEGGED TOO
IF YOU RODE A TRIUMPH
FOR AN HOUR!

23. IF YOU CAN READ THIS.
YOU MUST BE
ON A HARLEY

24. IT MAY BE OLD,
BUT IM OLDER

25. ITS NOT A BEARD
ITS A GAS CAP SPONGE

26. HOOK THE ENERGIZER BUNNY
UP TO MY BATTERY
AND HE WILL EXPLODE

27. IF IT DIDN'T SOUND SO GOOD
I'D SELL IT

28. HOW MANY HARLEYS ARE PROUDLY NAMED AFTER THE
WORLD SPEED RECORD COURSE?

HARLEY KNUKLEHEADS
GOT THEIR NAME FROM
TRIUMPH ENGINEERS

TRIUMPH OWNERS ARE
ROAD OILING CREWS

IF I RIDE IT TOO LONG
I'LL END UP WITH JUST
HANDLEBARS IN MY HANDS

A CRESENT WRENCH
IS ALL THAT WILL FIT IT

NAME ONE AMERICAN
CAR COMPANY THAT BUILT A MOTORCYCLE

NAME ONE AMERICAN
AIRCRAFT COMPANY THAT BUILT A MOTORCYCLE

THEY'VE BEEN BUILDING
THEM FOR 90 YEARS
AND STILL CAN'T
GET IT RIGHT.

IF YOU WANT TO PASS
JUST TAP ME ON THE SHOULDER
AND I'LL MOVE OVER

TRIUMPHS
KEEP WELDERS
IN BUSINESS

ANYONE GOTTA MATCH?
I NEED TO LIGHT
THE HEADLIGHT

CURB YOUR DOG ON MY BIKE.
MAYBE IT WILL GROW LEGS
AND WALK OUT OF MY LIFE

IF I BEAT IT ANY HARDER
I'LL BE ARRESTED FOR ABUSE

MR LUCAS IS NOCTERNAL

I SHOULD TAKE THE MOTOR OUT.
IT WOULD BE EASIER TO PUSH

NEW TRIUMPHS
WERE BUILT TO
TEACH YOU KIDS
WHAT A MISTAKE IS

IF TRIUMPH SOLD
PRESCRIPTION DRUGS,
WE'D ALL BE DEAD.

THE TIRES DRY ROT
BECAUSE IT DOESN'T
RUN OFTEN.

IF TRIUMPH INVENTED
AN ACCESSORY TOW BAR,
THEY'D BE IN THE GREEN

MR LUCAS SHOULD
HAVE SOLD WELDERS

Edited by - bobski on 11/05/2005 10:44:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

knucklehead14

1458 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  8:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I enjoy this thread the best!

"UNTIE!"
Go to Top of Page

kristov
Advanced Member

USA
10074 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  10:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think tailgunners description of starting his Norton (mine was a breeze to start by comparison) is the reason why it is usually more fun to talk about riding old bikes than it is to still ride them, at least on a daily basis. Back then folks had lower levels of expectation and motorcycle riding was not something for the average person; Most riders were pretty hard core and when you rode out you half expected to break down or at least have some sort of mechanical glitch that would frustrate the average car owner...unless he drove an MG, FIAT or a Triumph!
Go to Top of Page

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  10:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it happens to ALL TRIUMPHS! you lose things.
now before anyone starts ragging me about the fact that all my complaining is about UNIT twins, just remember, it just gets worse the further back you go. so can you imagine what pre unit owners cry about? i feel for them, really.

Edited by - bobski on 11/05/2005 11:02:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  11:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found these in my basement while home. mom was using them for dog pen floor paper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/bobski/tbonnieopen.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/bobski/tdaytonaopen.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/bobski/ttigeropen.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/bobski/ttridentopen.jpg

Edited by - bobski on 11/05/2005 11:13:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

v35
Advanced Member

USA
13503 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  12:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about Smith gages? I've had a few of them buzz apart.
You'd think with 50-75 years of experience one of the many British
bike manufacturers would have gotten it right and survived.
Go to Top of Page

kristov
Advanced Member

USA
10074 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  12:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think that the trouble with the British motorcycle industry was in their ability to keep pace with a changing market place: They could have eventually competed with the Japanese in both style, peformance and reliability. The problem was that the British government took a series of ailing companies, each with its own seperate issues and problems and combined them all into a single company which now had all of those little problems compounded into one BIG mess! Even today there are plenty of consumer items which I believe the Brits make best and I wear only English dress shoes, Alan McAfee of London being my favorite.
Go to Top of Page

idsman75
Advanced Member

USA
14810 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  01:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Salvage33 needs to pipe up. I know he used to own a Bonneville. Apparently the ladies loved it. I'll let him expound on that.
Go to Top of Page

knucklehead14

1458 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  02:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are the new Triumph bikes good?

"UNTIE!"
Go to Top of Page

CHGOTHNDER
Advanced Member

9002 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  02:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I miss my 500 and my TR6 serial #GD54733TR6C

PJ

If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
Go to Top of Page

shooter4
Advanced Member

USA
4276 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  07:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1st bike was a bsa, back in the 60's. Then later got a Triumph chopper.

Had a lot of bikes since then.
Go to Top of Page

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  09:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bsa's are to triumph as chevy(saturn) is to GMC. it just gets worse if you get a bsa.
heres a report i wrote about bsa's.....
--------------------
A Life Study Of 1968 And 1969 BSA 650 A65 Problems
From 1956 To Present

1. The crankshaft & mainbearing was the focal point of numerous problems after the drive side ball race was changed to roller race in 1966. This removed the positive location of the crankshaft which was from then on allowed to wander between the single lip of the roller outer and the flange of the timing side bush, with only shims and a thrust washer to limit the play. Roller races weren¡¦t meant to work this way. The loads were too much for the thrush washer fitted on the timing side and the parts soon wore to increase the clearance. This allowed the crankshaft to move around and it overloaded the shims as well.
2. The system was made worse by the lubrication system that was never upgraded. The alloy bodied oil pump assy., should have been upgraded to cast iron. Old alloy pumps distorted and caused major leaks, which caused low output oil pressure to key parts of the engine. The pump fed oil to the right timing side bush, which was drilled so oil lubricated it and then it flowed into the crankshaft and to the big end bearings. The pressure that reached the left bearing was always low because the left bearing was at the end of the line when it came to lube reaching it. Both big ends and main bearing also depended on the wear of the right bearing bush. All of these wear points, poor oil circulation, and overall poor design features caused the bush to turn in its housing. This act cuts off oil supplies to the big end and main bearing causing them to seize and usually break the rods which then smash the crankcase.
3. If for any reason the engine was fitted with high compression pistons, the odds of this crank problem happening are increased. This would also happen if the bike was revved close to 6500rpms for any amount of time. Drag racing at streetlights is always a no no with a BSA for this reason. Sad, for jackrabbit speed is what made BSA so loved. It was its main selling point.
4. Crankshaft balance was another factory flaw. They never did the math and the cranks self-destructed.
--------------

How to fix these goofs and what to look for on a bike rebuilt by a so-called expert:

,h Install a cast iron oil pump.
,h Replace timing side bush with a combined ball and roller bearing. (this positively locates the crankshaft.) This allows the drive side roller race to simply carry the radial loads it was designed for. This frees up the mains to do what they do without effort.
,h The new timing side race cuts off the oil feed; so, the crankshaft has to be modified to deal with this. It is done by altering the outer cover so the oil is fed into the end of the crankshaft on its centerline and just runs along this line and then out to the big ends. This reduces stress on the pump and centrifugal force helps the oil out to the bearings.
,h When this is performed, it causes another problem. It will effect the alignment of the primary drive. The good news is adjustments can be made at the engine sprocket. A good indicator to whether or not the crank is drifting is to check the wear on the chain. If there was any drift in the crank, it would transfer to the engine sprocket causing the chain to ride off center to the rear sprocket.
,h The primary chaincase needs to be modified. This effects clutch operation. The A65 clutch rod has no set location to run through the center of the pressure plate with. This causes heavy clutch operation. Installing a new pressure plate with a radial needle race will reduce this friction.
,h Install low compression pistons and staying below 70mph will allow 650¡¦s to live a little longer.
,h Balance the crank.

With these mods. and a lot of $$$, BSA¡¦s will not only oooo a crowd, they will get you home too! Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
* REF and Exurbs From:
Illustrated BSA Buyers Guide. Roy Bacon, Niton Publishing, 1990, Isle Of Wight, England

THE ULTIMATE MOTORCYCLE BOOK, The Motorcycle Heritage Museum, Hugo Wilson, Dorling Kindersley, 1993, London, England

Personal Trial And Error And Countless Nights Studying In Aldos Garage throwing wrenches, Seymour Connecticut, Bob Ski 1956-Present.

Edited by - bobski on 11/06/2005 09:27:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

CHGOTHNDER
Advanced Member

9002 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  1:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why the hell did this just pop up on my computer??? WTH

PJ

If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member,President A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49596 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  1:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CHGOTHNDER

Why the hell did this just pop up on my computer??? WTH

PJ

My guess is you are subscribed to it and someone posted recently and then deleted their post.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

varian

401 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  2:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i ride a triumph speedmaster, has been a very good bike.
Go to Top of Page

lew07

897 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  2:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Triumph Tiger 1050 sport 2007 model.Very pleased with it.Upgraded the headlight bulbs though.Standard are lousy
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3744 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  3:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I learned to ride on a new 1968 Bonneville, my Dad used to buy a new one every year. The store was on Long Island and sold Triumphs, Nortons, and Royal Enfields. They were and are some of the most beautiful bikes ever built. They were also some of the worst. Oil leaks, lousy gauges, VIBRATION. My old man rod a 1970 Bonnie from Bohemia,N.Y. to Wilmington, N.C. two up in 1970. Dad is 6 foot 3 inches and weighted maybe 210 back then and the other guy weighted over 200 lbs. He told me it rained most of the way.That had to be an awful trip. I agree these bikes are cool and gorgeous but motorcycles are so much better today. Even my old 1996 Honda ST100 would make that trip a breeze today much less a new big touring bike.

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

rugerno_1

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  3:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is my 1966 TR6C

Edited by - rugerno_1 on 12/07/2017 10:52:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tech141
Advanced Member

USA
4303 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  3:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been riding Triumphs for quite some time. All were/are modern models. 3 Speedmasters, two Tigers, and now I have a 2002 Trophy 1200.

Heavy Metal Cowboy
Go to Top of Page

Ditch-Runner
Advanced Member

USA
14376 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  4:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1st and only bike I ever owned just after I was married I use to trade a lot cars, guns, trucks trailers , even a bike
it was a 750 triumph ,
ok picture this a chopper that was like a B movie biker flick it had a really long extended front end , the swastika mirrors and tail light and sissy bar ? twin head lights , ( this was about 1980 or so ) I knew nothing about bikes had only ridden the pedal kind
I pushed it home a few times it would flood out and that was it ( thank goodness I was in my prime )
I would get to about 100 mph and start thinking how much the pavement and gravel was going to chew me up so i would slow down
had a cousin who wanted it so after pushing it home a few more times I sold it
wife never would give her blessing to buy a nice bike so 40 years later it was my only two wheel fun
Go to Top of Page

mjrfd99

USA
2082 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  4:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucas, Prince of darkness, inventor of black light.
Why do the British drink warm beer? Because they have Lucas refrigerators.

Lucas vacuum cleaners
Their only product that didn't suck.
Big reason BSA, Triumph, Norton died.
New Triumphs are great bikes. Test rode some of their line at Bikeweek.
I think they were a no show at IMS in NYC past w/e. Odd.
Go to Top of Page

iceracerx
Advanced Member

USA
8065 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  4:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ditch-Runner

1st and only bike I ever owned just after I was married I use to trade a lot cars, guns, trucks trailers , even a bike
it was a 750 triumph ,
ok picture this a chopper that was like a B movie biker flick it had a really long extended front end , the swastika mirrors and tail light and sissy bar ? twin head lights , ( this was about 1980 or so ) I knew nothing about bikes had only ridden the pedal kind
I pushed it home a few times it would flood out and that was it ( thank goodness I was in my prime )
I would get to about 100 mph and start thinking how much the pavement and gravel was going to chew me up so i would slow down
wife never would give her blessing to buy a nice bike so 40 years later it was my only two wheel fun

Swastika mirrors? Iron Cross maybe?
Go to Top of Page

mnrivrat48

USA
707 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  5:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barn find in 1967 . A 1953 BSA twin.

I drove it home nearly 100 miles in the dead of winter - cold ride for sure. I was pushed off the road in early spring by a truck driver who swerved over half way into me lane as we met on a curve. He kept on driving, I went to the hospital , and the bike was totaled.

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORD ORDER - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - YOU WILL ASSIMILATE
Go to Top of Page

TRAP55
Advanced Member

USA
6979 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the BSA reject, the Ariel Square Four. I had half of another one for parts to keep it running, but head gaskets were non-existent. Rear two cylinders ran too hot, and they would blow.

"Aim small, Miss small"
www.mausercentral.net
Go to Top of Page

Ditch-Runner
Advanced Member

USA
14376 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep , sorry your correct my mind went blank when I was trying to think of the name

quote:
Originally posted by iceracerx

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch-Runner

it was a 750 triumph ,

Swastika mirrors? Iron Cross maybe?

Go to Top of Page

cbxjeff
Advanced Member

USA
13200 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post Bob. I hadn't laughed that hard all year. I'm sending this to my BIL that was a mechanic for the Indy Triumph dealer and owned a Trident.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
Go to Top of Page

buddyb
Advanced Member

2992 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BSA,Triumph and Royal Enfeild were in the same category as MG,Austin-Healy and Triumph sports cars.Always wear comfortable shoes when you are in or on one.Very good chance you will be walking back home.
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24704 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first motorbike was a Servi-cycle that was made in New Orleans..My next bike was a Harley 165..POS...my next bike was a Zundapp 250....my next bike was a BSA 650 Road Rocket...my next was a BSA Goldstar 500...and the next was a Norton International.. the next was a BSA Alloy Single....the next was a BMW R1200c....The Next was a Triumph 700 Café Racer..The best I ever owned was my Zundapp...the fastest was my BSA Road Rocket!
Go to Top of Page

pip5255
Advanced Member

USA
7422 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  9:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
62 Bonneville 650 chopper and 70 Trident 750 triple and yes both had lucas carbs but after properly tuning them there were few issues.

tired not retired !
Go to Top of Page

CHGOTHNDER
Advanced Member

9002 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  12:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still ride my 66 triumph and now have 5 bikes and a new bigger garage... More garage = more bikes

If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member,President A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13220 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  12:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buddyb

The BSA,Triumph and Royal Enfeild were in the same category as MG,Austin-Healy and Triumph sports cars.Always wear comfortable shoes when you are in or on one.Very good chance you will be walking back home.

Yes, but at least you never have to worry about finding the way home.

You can always follow the oil trail.

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

mjrfd99

USA
2082 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  08:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dads3040

quote:
Originally posted by buddyb

Yes, but at least you never have to worry about finding the way home.

You can always follow the oil trail.

LOL Before the last rebuild my Shovelheads nickname was
The Exxon Valdez.

Edited by - mjrfd99 on 12/07/2017 08:28:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

john carr

1389 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  10:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't have one now but late 70's, early 80's rebuilt a 650 Bonnevlle with an extended fork; wonderful front end geometry. I took it to Galveston Island in the bed of a Mazda pickup one summer and would go out early in the morning about daybreak and spend an hour or two cutting quarter mile figure eights on the beach. Pure unadulterated pleasure. Were there problems? Sure. Lots, but sometimes I wish I had it back.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page