GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 browning small auto..what caliber?? 6m/m35
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

opatriot
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  6:05:36 PM  Show Profile
GDAY FRIEND.......I WAS GIVEN A SMALL CALIBER.. BROWNING ARMS COMPANY .. MADE IN BELGIUM ... AUTO PISTOL ..GOOD CONDITION .....CAME WITH LEATHER CASE AND TWO CLIPS ...FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT CALIBER IT IS ..IF ITS AN OLD NON PRODUCTION CAL. ....OR A EUROPIAN CAL. ....WENT TO GUN SHOP AND THEY COULD NOT FIND A MATCH...TRYED 25 AUTO ..DIDNT FIT ..BULLET TO LARGE ...TRY 22 CAL. ...BULLIT TO SMALL ...??? THERE ARE STRANGE MARKINGS IN THE RECIEVER AND THE WORDS .... CAL.6M/M35 ....IF ANY ONE CAN HELP WITH HISTORY , CALIBER AND WHERE TO FIND AMMO ,AND MAYBE VALUE ?? ID BE GRATEFULL.!!! THANKYOU KINDLY DAVEY ............OH SERIAL # IS 436162

perry shooter
Advanced Member

13981 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  6:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello Browning pistols Were made in 22 and 25 the 25cal is center fire and 22 rim fire so looking at the breach face of the slide you should be able to see fireing pin hole . and decide what it is. If in the middle it is center fire . The 25 auto is called the 6.35 MM in Europe and I would bet money that is what it is. I would go to a gun shop with gunsmith on site you might have foreign matter in the chamber of your barrel.
Go to Top of Page

Contender Man

USA
2169 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  6:36:57 PM  Show Profile
I agree w/ "Perry", but I would like to emphasize your taking the pistol to a reputable gunsmith, that way you can accomplish two things in one trip. Nailing down the caliber and making sure that the lil devil is OK to shoot ... takes all the guess out of the game.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
Go to Top of Page

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
19199 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  6:41:51 PM  Show Profile
The bullet is squeezed to fill the grooves of the barrel when it's fired. This is why your "bullet don't fit". If you try it (6.35mm or .25 ACP, same cartridge) from the breech end, I'm sure it will do just fine.

Go to Top of Page

opatriot
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  6:43:39 PM  Show Profile
GDAY FRIEND ...THANKS FOR INFO ..BUT MMMM FIREING PIN IS IN THE CENTER BUT I HAVE A NEW BOX OF 25 AUTO AND WHEN I TRY AND PUT A BULLIT IN THE FRONT OF GUN
AND PUSH IN MUZLE THEIR IS NO WAY THE BULLIT WOULD EVER FIT ..TO BIG ...??? SO 25 AUTO DEFINATLEY NO WORK ...
Go to Top of Page

richbug
Advanced Member

3544 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  7:05:56 PM  Show Profile
You my friend have no business arround guns until you get some basic instruction on them.

bullets are forced into the barrel upon firing, which deforms them. If you look closely at the round you tried to put in the muzzle of the pistol, you will see several evenly spaced marks arround the edge of the projectile. Had the bullet been fired, rather than just pushed in the muzzle, there would be longitudinal grooves along the length of the bullet coresponding to these marks.

Go to Top of Page

opatriot
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  8:34:36 PM  Show Profile
WELL THANKYOU RICHBUG I HAD NO IDEA THE LEAD WAS COMPRESED IN FIREARM BARELLS...I KNOW THEIR ARE GROOVES ON A BULLET AFTER ITS BEEN FIRED THROUGH SOME OF THE PICTURES IVE SEEN IN GUN MAGS BUT I PERCIEVED IT WAS JUST FRICTION ..DIDNT KNOW BULLET ACTUALY
COMPRESED ....THANKYOU FOR THE LESSON ......OPATRIOT
Go to Top of Page

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
19199 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  8:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow! This is really pushing the envelope. Breech end is where the bullet is fed from the magazine INTO THE BREECH.
Richbug is correct.
Do not attempt to do anything with that weapon until someone WHO KNOWS what they are doing instructs you. YOU MAY KILL YOURSELF BY ACCIDENT.

Go to Top of Page

v35
Advanced Member

USA
12595 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  10:51:54 AM  Show Profile
When you load the magazine, the round part of the bullet faces front.
I think you need some basic instruction in handling and safe operation of this gun.
Go to Top of Page

opatriot
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  3:45:16 PM  Show Profile
GDAY FRIENDS ......YALL WAS VERY HELPFULL WITH YOUR ADVICE " ACCEPT FOR THE PERSONAL CRITISISM .. CONDASENDING REMARKS .. " TOOK PISTOL TO MY LOCAL CLUB TODAY AND SURE AS THE SUN RISES SHE SHOT 25 AUTO ... THANKYOU KINDLY FOR THE ADVICE ......DAVEY
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

7547 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  6:19:15 PM  Show Profile
IF you"re not a troll. you don't need to be around guns! You need to take some class there in Kalifornicalia for real....nambu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page