GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Winchester Model 275
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Da Shiznit
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  5:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Winchester Model 275 .22 Magnum Pump Rifle
I been looking all over the internet about this Rifle, but no luck
If someone can provide me with info and how much is worth I'll apreciate it. The rifle is in great shape

Thank you

merrbarb

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  6:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sir: Man, I love this forum. I never knew that there was a model 275 Winchester. But there it was, in the Blue Book (not in the Standard Catalog of Firearms, 2005 ed. that I could locate). The Blue book says it is similar to the Model 270 but in .22 Mag. In "great Shape" ??? it could be worth, according to the Blue Book, (100%) $165.00. Mfg. 1963 to 1973. Thats all that I can tell you. Hope others can chime in. By the by, I do like the .22 mag. rimfire.

God helps those who help themselves
Go to Top of Page

cajunman
Starting Member

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  6:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

They made this one and a lever, Model 255, in .22 Magnum.
Go to Top of Page

Da Shiznit
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  7:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks merrbarb & cajunman

Can you tell me why there isn't to much info out there about this rifle? If its so rare how come its not worth more money ?

Go to Top of Page

Bert H.

USA
10952 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  8:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not rare, and it is a relatively modern rifle (based on when it was introduced). The real reason that it is not worth much, is because of when it was made. Winchester's quality control was at an all time low during the mid 1960s through the 1970s. Most of the new Models Winchester introduced after 1963 were considered by most to be JUNK when compared to the pre-1964 firearms they made.

Bert H.

Real Men use a WINCHESTER Single-Shot!
Go to Top of Page

merrbarb

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  8:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Da Shiznit: This post doesn't seem to draw the attention of a lot of experts, so I'll attempt to answer though I have no personal experience with the Mo. 250 or the 270. Winchester Repeating Arms co. went through a number of corporate changes (I'm bypassing the 1850 to 1954 periods) generated by more costs than income. The "pre 64" term that you may have heard was a cost cutting move that affected the physical attributes of Winchester firearms, as well as the emotions of Winchester (and all) firearms enthusiasts. (Note: this was changed more than a few years ago and now the firearms are of the highest quality, again). I'm speculating that the Models of that genre (e.g. Mo. 250 and 270) were of less quality than normally expected of Winchester. I have attended a lot of gun shows in primarily Pennsylvania (and we are blessed with more than a few). I have not seen these models for sale. True, they were produced in fewer numbers than other .22s, but I , as I observed, believe that they are not yet popular collectable items. I'm sure that the 250 and 270 are very good and reliable, and best of all fun to use. After all, this is what its all about . Of course, if its a good investment, thats a big plus.

God helps those who help themselves
Go to Top of Page

Buano
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2014 :  8:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, it's an old thread, but I'll respond anyway. Perhaps someone is lurking.

The Winchester Model 275 is the classic "barn gun". They were functional, cheap, reliable, and fairly accurate. They were not show-pieces. As rifles go, they were the equivalent of the Mossberg Model 500 shotgun a no-frills functional pump-gun that is never apt to be worth much, but still gets used a lot and can be fun to shoot. My dad had one around the farm for decades.

In good condition a model 275 should bring $150-$200. I don't think I've ever seen one in better than "fair" condition.

Looking for quality 15x56 binoculars & quality rifle scopes (Swarovski, Nightforce, Zeiss, etc.).
Looking for accurate stainless rifles in: .22-250, .243 Win, & .340 magnums, and a .410 or 28 gauge shotgun.

For sale: Rem 700 XCR in .270WSM with a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x44. Mounted scope but not hunted yet & look NEW.

Let's deal!
Go to Top of Page

62fuelie

USA
728 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  6:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one of these in the mid-60s. It was a satisfactory ground squirrel shooter at 100-125 yards with the little Weaver 3-9X .22 scope I had on it. The receiver seemed to be alloy rather than steel and the wood was the less than beautiful stuff with pressed checkering that graced so many Winchesters in that period. As far as I know it is still earning its keep on the farm in northern ID. Not the kind of rifle to attract any significant collector interest. Hang it on the rack behind the seat in the pick-up and it will do fine.

B
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page