GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Thames Arms Co. Revolver-Need Info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coldcache

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  11:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a .32 Thames Revolver. Top of barrel
reflects "Jan. 5. Oct. 5.86. Chrome plated.
Any info would be appreciated. Not in blue
book. Jerry

Jerry King-Retired Special Agent FBI. Owner of King Arms and Pawn in Augusta, AR. 870-347-1001

Edited by - coldcache on 01/16/2006 11:50:15 AM

captkirk3@dslextreme.com
Administrator

5098 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  11:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thames Arms Company, Maker of double-action revolvers in Norwich, Connecticut, c. 1907, possibly trade name of H & A or H & R. Also reported to be Trade name used by Charles J. Godfrey of new York City...
[This is from the Official Guide to Gunmarks, 3'rd edition by Robert H. Balderson]...........

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles
Go to Top of Page

b.goforth

966 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  3:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jerry,
thames arms co. is one of those mysterious companies that often show up in the firearms world. they were an actual incorporated company with offices in connecticut (i believe the incoproration papers list norwich as the city?) they also held some firearms patents that were assigned to them by the patentee. they did not seem to have any manufacturing facilities just an office. all their top break revolvers i have seen appear to have features that indicate manufacture by Hopkins & Allen only. i will try to remember to check the two patent dates tonight and see what they and tell us.
bill

Edited by - b.goforth on 01/16/2006 10:38:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

b.goforth

966 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  10:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jerry,
i checked the two patent dates listed on this revolver 1 revolver patent on 1-5-86 and two revolver patents on 10-5-86. they are definitely hopkins and allen patents. the three thames arms co. revolver patents i have found are all issued to j.d. robertson and assigned to thames arms co. of norwich ct. they date from 1901 to 1906. the connection between H&A and Thames will probably never be fully known but at least this revolver was manufactured by hopkins & allen for thames arms.
bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page