GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Value of shotgun ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tlcin95
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  9:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a shotgun, the only markings on the gun are as follows...
S.S. Kresge Co. Troy Michigan 48084
12 gauge 2 3/4 inch full proof tested is stamped on the barrel
model 151 is stamped on the bottom of the breach. This is the only information I have about the shotgun and was wondering on it's value.
Thank-you

taperloc

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  9:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello tlcin95,
Welcome to the forum.
I checked my copy of Numrick’s gun parts catalog. They state that Kresge is made by Boito of Brazil. Numrich has an online site. If they don’t show an exploded view on line, get hold of a catalog, it has exploded views of two Boito single shot shotguns. You may be able to match the parts pictured with your shotgun.
Hope this helps,
Taperloc
Go to Top of Page

bud_light_good

98 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  9:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

all i could find was kersge was a trade name used by,,,H&D Folsum arms company on shotguns, I spent some time lookin, and do not have a value, hope fully some one can take it from here!

BUD!
Go to Top of Page

williwm
CarpetBagger

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  9:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
S S Kresge = K-Mart Best I remember they were sold by K-Mart.
Go to Top of Page

Xracer
Advanced Member

2551 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  10:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For you youngsters out there....S.S.Kresge was a 5&10 cent store (like Woolworths.....back the '30's & '40's when you could actually buy things for 5 or ten cents)

In the late '50's - early '60's, Kresge evolved into today's K-Mart.
Go to Top of Page

taperloc

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  12:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello tlcin95,
I think the info. I posted is incorrect. I believe S.S. Kresge went out of business and became K-Mart before Boito was shipping guns to the U.S. Therefore, it can't be a Boito.
Sorry about that.
Taperloc
Go to Top of Page

1KYDSTR

USA
2328 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  1:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey!! I'm not THAT old and even I remember Kressge's; then again, I'm originally from Michigan and we had one of the few remaining Kressge 5&10's in my hometown in the early 70's. The family went on to, as mentioned earlier, expand their bargain price business with the expansion of K-Mart, and the dissolution of the Kressge stores. It would make sense to me that they were likely trade-naming Crescent produced shotguns while that firm was stil in existance. I've done a little research and cannot find good info on your gun. My take on this piece would be that it is of limited monetary value because of the Crescent arms tie in; perhaps $75 to $100 if it is in really good shape. If it is a family piece, I would keep ahold of it purely for the sentimental value, and hang it on a wall so you can at least say you are a person who is interested in your families history and cherished heirlooms; asode from that, not a very collectible gun. Sorry I can't tell you something more cheerful than that! Good luck, and "keep 'em in the family!".

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
"When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
"History is written by winners"(Patton)
"You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
"There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
“Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you. Be afraid of nothing. There is such a little time…” Richard Halliburton
Go to Top of Page

tlcin95
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  2:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Thank-you very much for the info. My husband purchased the shotgun at a garage sale for $75.00 and can sell it right now for $200.00 and we we're just trying to get and known info and approx. value.
I appreciate your time in this matter.
Thanks again

quote:
Originally posted by 1KYDSTR

Hey!! I'm not THAT old and even I remember Kressge's; then again, I'm originally from Michigan and we had one of the few remaining Kressge 5&10's in my hometown in the early 70's. The family went on to, as mentioned earlier, expand their bargain price business with the expansion of K-Mart, and the dissolution of the Kressge stores. It would make sense to me that they were likely trade-naming Crescent produced shotguns while that firm was stil in existance. I've done a little research and cannot find good info on your gun. My take on this piece would be that it is of limited monetary value because of the Crescent arms tie in; perhaps $75 to $100 if it is in really good shape. If it is a family piece, I would keep ahold of it purely for the sentimental value, and hang it on a wall so you can at least say you are a person who is interested in your families history and cherished heirlooms; asode from that, not a very collectible gun. Sorry I can't tell you something more cheerful than that! Good luck, and "keep 'em in the family!".

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page