GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Intratec cat-45
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pact

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  6:05:11 PM  Show Profile
Help. I need to repair a Intratec Cat-45. I have found the the firing pin and striker have been bubbaized. I need a parts diagram or picture of these parts. If anyone knows where I can get this let me know. I have searched the wed and this form. I have found nothing.

Thanks

jhimco
Advanced Member

Zimbabwe
2689 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  2:13:24 PM  Show Profile
Try the guys from sksparts, I believe his name is Wayne. I think they bought the rights to the Intratec schematics. I know they have tec-9 stuff. But Intratec is garbage, not very reliable.
Go to Top of Page

pact

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  08:47:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jhimco.

I know they are junk, but I still have to fix it.

Pact
Go to Top of Page

bob67cam
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  10:15:03 PM  Show Profile
a buddy has 1 that exploded the frame, the slide and most everything else seems to do what its supposed to...we were gonna try and find a frame to sell it off but chances are wed most likely have to buy another good 1 and split it into 1 good and 1 bad 1 anyways..lol..in any case if u have any interest in this for parts let me know
Go to Top of Page

hoosier

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  08:56:17 AM  Show Profile
The Cat was available in 380 ACP, 9mm and 45 ACP. The CAT models of the Intratec, had a recall on the striker system, just before they went out of business in 2001.
Guessing that most never made it back to the factory. Sent My CAT 9 in and never got it back.

Gun Parts and more.

NRA Life Endowment Member
GOA Member, US Army Veteran
US Army Veteran
Go to Top of Page

bob67cam
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  11:50:39 AM  Show Profile
o sorry, i forgot to mention it is a 45...sorry to hear of your loss...altho it could be better that way too...lol
Go to Top of Page

beantownshootah
Advanced Member

USA
13126 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  3:39:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hoosier

The Cat was available in 380 ACP, 9mm and 45 ACP. The CAT models of the Intratec, had a recall on the striker system, just before they went out of business in 2001.
Guessing that most never made it back to the factory. Sent My CAT 9 in and never got it back.

Boy that sucks. . .

I looked in the "usual places" and couldn't find a schematic for the Intratec gun, but maybe this will cheer you up a little :

OK. . .A little more digging shows that this POS Intratec gun was designed by noted Israeli gun designer Nehemiah Sirkis (who now works for Kimber). That rang a bell with me, because I know that the Cobra Patriot .45 was also designed by the same guy:

Intratec CAT 45:

Clearly they're not identical, but they do seem to be similar. I have no idea to what extent the internals may be similar, but for what its worth, you can find the schematic for the Patriot gun here on page 19. Maybe it can help a little:

http://www.cobrapistols.net/pdfs/Products/Cobra-Patriot45-Manual.pdf

Go to Top of Page

beantownshootah
Advanced Member

USA
13126 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  3:40:36 PM  Show Profile
OK, today is your lucky day:

Hit "right click" and save this image to your computer before it comes down!

Go to Top of Page

bob67cam
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  5:59:23 PM  Show Profile
wow im surprised a single person replied much less a few replies and all good 1s..lol, i actually do have the intratec manual with the breakdown on it but if somehow someone actually wants parts i think it would be better off sold, i know im gonna be the next guy to pull the trigger even after its fixed, and after the bllod blisters have left his hand i doubt hell do it either..lol
Go to Top of Page

bob67cam
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  6:01:59 PM  Show Profile
o id better mention also, yea the pics cheered me up ;), oddly enuff i wasnt even sad prior..lmao
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
21764 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  6:06:24 PM  Show Profile
If you need the part made, these folks may be able to make it for you.

just email benny@gunshopthe.com and ask.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

bob67cam
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  6:12:38 PM  Show Profile
400301 is the part id need, its the entire frame..lol so i think its better to let the gun go otherwise it would just be a collector iten and in perfect shape lists at 230 bux...and the owner just bought a new xdm 9 for his home protection gun so hes not horribly interested in keeping it anyways
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page