GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Crystal Meth labs and gun blue...warning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Locust Fork

USA
24813 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  01:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my friends who is a police officer came into the store today and asked if anyone has been buying LARGE amounts of gun blue??? He said they can use it to make Crystal Meth and explained how easy it is to do it....so...if you guys have an irregular buyer of gun blue this could be the reason. I haven't run into anything like this, but I thought others may want to know this is going on.

Click here to check out my auctions?..I double dog dare you to!!!

zipperzap
Advanced Member

31626 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  01:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed a druggie friend of mine who has been continually been turning a shade of blue!
A coincidence? Perhaps, perhaps not!

http://www.tropicalglen.com/
http://tiny.cc/gzz78

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
Go to Top of Page

KSUmarksman
Advanced Member

USA
11363 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  01:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I consider meth to be natural selection. It makes users essentially impotent after a couple of years, thus preventing them from spreading the RETARD gene

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson (my facebook quote :) )
Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

Japan
11093 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  04:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's amazing how resourceful they can be (just like MacGyver). Only if they harnessed it to better man kind. I'll bet they could make cars that run on house hold chems.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Go to Top of Page

wanted man
Advanced Member

2904 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  07:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drugs (in general)= Where there's a will (or a jones) there's a way!

At least they're not using the stuff to re-blue guns, which hopefully means the ones using it to make Meth either don'T have guns, or their guns are in a state of "disrepair", and might eventually "blow-up" (or malfunction at least) 'cause "we" don't need anymore retards with guns than "we" already got! OH HELL, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!

If you don't know what the hell you're doing, go do it somewhere else!
Go to Top of Page

Mooseyard

2394 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  08:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you read the list of ingredients in meth, it is amazing that anyone would even try the crap. Normally I would agree with marksman and just let natural selection do its job, but meth labs are very dangerous to the inocent people that live or drive near them. I've never heard of them using gun blue though. Around here, in farm country, they try to steal anhydrous ammonia that the farmers use on their fields. Somehow they make meth using that.

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

NRA Certified Instructor:
Pistol
RTBAV
Home Firearm Safety
CRSO
Personal Protection in the Home
Personal Protection Outside the Home
Go to Top of Page

Daddie_Tom

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  08:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Around here its been hard to find Gun Scrubber. Seems some kids are "huffing" it to get high. That stuff sells for almost $10 bucks a can!

Go to Top of Page

abcguns2
Advanced Member

USA
2690 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  08:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, best I remember from the last 'meth'(LEO Training)class , there are several formulas to make this crap , would not surprise me if you could use gun blue in some way , only thing is , most items are common and somewhat cheap in most of these formulas ????
Zipperzap : "a druggie friend of yours" ??? makes me wonder , I dont have any "Druggie Friends" , just what circle of people are you in???
Thanks !!!
d.a.stearns
Gunsmith / LEO (w-out druggie "friends")....
Niota , Tn

My dog is the best person I know...
If only more people could be as loyal and honest as my dog!!!

Guns & Shooting!!!
Go to Top of Page

kristov
Advanced Member

USA
7481 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  08:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zipperzap

I noticed a druggie friend of mine who has been continually been turning a shade of blue!

When he turns green you'll know that he switched over to using copper remover.

Wrongfully do men lament the flight of time...Let your work be such that after death you become an image of immortality.
Leonardo Da Vinci

Doubt everything or believe everything: These are two convenient stratagies. With either we dispense with the need for reflection.
Henri Poincare

Humility is the worst form of conceit.
François de La Rochefoucauld
Go to Top of Page

Nighthawk
Advanced Member

USA
10560 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All over the counter cold medicines containing psepheidrine (Which are all of the best cold medicines)are now behind the counter here. If you wish to buy one of the products you must sign your name to purchase them. People were buying up bulk items containing the drug from different places to make Meth with. It started out that stores agreed to report anyone who bought large quantities of the drug. That didnt hamper the production of Meth so now you must sign your name to buy Comtrex. Its truly a sick world we live in.

"Toujours Pret"

"Dont wait until your thirsty to dig a well"
Go to Top of Page

scottm21166
Advanced Member

Cuba
18337 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  11:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the recipe for meth is red white and blue....
red phosphorus
white efedrine
blue iodine...does gun blue contain iodine?
the anhydros ammonia is commonly found in old refrigeration systems
it is a special crime to steel it and a felony even for small amounts...they are really trying to "crack' down on this crimethe upriver folks around here used to run stills now they run meth labs and cops just busted a local place with an arsenal yesterday...man I hope they don't destroy those guns ar's... a python.. glocks.. smiths and aks were siezed from the dealers

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms" should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency check out my auctions http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=514176 If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen! JOHN ADAMS
An honest but mistaken man, once shown the truth, either ceases to be mistaken or ceases to be honest." — Proverb

Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
26785 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  2:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard a report on the radio about the meth epidemic. This reporter had gotten into the Minnesota State Pen. Place is full of meth heads.
They have a syndrome there named "Meth Mouth."
They said that meth is real hard on teeth, for some reason. Plus, when the guys are high they love to swill Mountain Dew and other high sugar drinks.
So there are lots of 28 year old meth heads at the Pen with a mouth full of rotten teeth.
The prison dentist was sick and tired of working on them.
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithSheep
Advanced Member

14351 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  2:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Locust Fork

...if you guys have an irregular buyer...

Perhaps they're irregular because they're on meth?
Go to Top of Page

hughbetcha
Advanced Member

USA
8519 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  2:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the gun smiths i know act like they are on prozac, it takes them so long to get anything done. maybe this is the combination we've been waiting for.. a gunsmith who works nights, all night, every night and on weekends..
Go to Top of Page

Smokeeater 38
Advanced Member

USA
2773 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  3:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a new one to me. I’ll have to check with my cop buddy that deals with Meth.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

Everyone goes home.

I rush in where others flee and get paid to do it now.
Go to Top of Page

Locust Fork

USA
24813 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  9:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I know is after being told to watch out for this....if a person I have NEVER seen before comes in and asks for 10 jars of gun blue and can't even tell me the difference between an AK and an AR....they will be leaving without what they came for.

Go to Top of Page

dcon12
Advanced Member

Georgia
26801 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  9:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

All I know is after being told to watch out for this....if a person I have NEVER seen before comes in and asks for 10 jars of gun blue and can't even tell me the difference between an AK and an AR....they will be leaving without what they came for.

I know, I know.... Alaska and Arkansas. Don
Go to Top of Page

hughbetcha
Advanced Member

USA
8519 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  9:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sell him the stuff, then turn him in.. How long have you been in business?
Go to Top of Page

Locust Fork

USA
24813 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  9:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long enough to know I don't want THAT in my store....and that you can't "turn somone in" for buying gun blue.

Go to Top of Page

willdallas2006

306 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottm21166

the anhydros ammonia is commonly found in old refrigeration systems
it is a special crime to steel it and a felony even for small amounts.

Ammonia is used at almost every ice plant in the country. The plant that i worked at had a 10,000lb system. We had to build a second barb wire fence, beside the one that surrounds the entire property, and install motion detectors and alarm systems to protect our storage tanks. Regardless we still had people trying to steal from us.
Go to Top of Page

badwrench
Advanced Member

USA
6393 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anhydrous ammonia is also used in diazo printing. That's what gives blueprints the cat pee smell. Funny none of it ever went missing, considering there were a few dope-heads working there. I would never do any kind of drug made from that crap.

The shop I worked at routinely had 4 500-lb cylinders on site. Nasty stuff. We had a valve break in the manifold and since I was the manager (read: poor schmuck in charge) and everyone else ran their asses off (wise, very wise), I got to don the gas mask and gloves and go shut it off, plus call the Fire Dept. HAZMAT Team. The owner wasn't a happy camper.

"I have always been unsatisfied with life as most people live it. Always I want to live more intensely and richly. Why muck and conceal one's true longings and loves, when by speaking of them one might find someone to understand them, and by acting on them one might discover oneself?"
--Everett Ruess

"Resist much, obey little"
-- Walt Whitman

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Go to Top of Page

Sperry
Advanced Member

4174 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a spot on T.V. detailing the cost to decontaminate properties with meth labs.
Joe & Jill Investment Property Owners confronted with news a renter had turned their garage into a lab = $50,000+ to decontaminate the place. Sometimes the place had to be razed!
Go to Top of Page

badwrench
Advanced Member

USA
6393 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They busted one at the Pubic Storage I worked at. They hadn't started cooking yet, but had a bunch of equipment and chemicals in the space. Lucky us

"I have always been unsatisfied with life as most people live it. Always I want to live more intensely and richly. Why muck and conceal one's true longings and loves, when by speaking of them one might find someone to understand them, and by acting on them one might discover oneself?"
--Everett Ruess

-- Walt Whitman

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Go to Top of Page

KSUmarksman
Advanced Member

USA
11363 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  11:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since we are talking about how nasty those chemical are,
let's just say that I would NEVER work with anhydrous ammonia unless I had an exhaust hood which was tested for sufficient airflow, and even then I would use extreme caution.

I am surprised that more druggies don't kill themselves off making meth.

I believe that diethyl ether is also used somewhere in the procedure (unless I am confusing that with the purification of cocaine) which has an extremely low boiling point (it will boil if you hold a beaker of it in your hand) and extremely low flash point for the vapor. One mistake and KABOOM! I do know for sure that ether is used in some procedure with cocaine and recall that some comedian or actor blew himself up during the procedure.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson (my facebook quote :) )
Go to Top of Page

badwrench
Advanced Member

USA
6393 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  11:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe diethyl ether is used in making meth. Starting fluid is one of those "red tag products" (along with acetone/nail polish remover, lithium batteries and Sudafed) that meth cooks buy by the ton, and that stuff is almost pure ether. Great for powering potato guns.

--Everett Ruess

-- Walt Whitman

Go to Top of Page

hughbetcha
Advanced Member

USA
8519 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  11:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Long enough to know I don't want THAT in my store....and that you can't "turn somone in" for buying gun blue.

Duh.. do you think stores that sell cold tablets with ephedrine turn away people with money or take it upon themselves to decide who is legitimate and who isnt/ just because you don't know the person doesnt mean that they are going to make drugs, nor does it mean that you have to lose the sale. I don't want to make it sound too complicated for you but what the stores that sell cold tablets do is ask for identification ike a drivers license or something. and then write down the information on any large purchases, and then they turn the information over to the police. Thats how you "turn someone in" for buying gun blue. If they refuse to give you ID they are probably not legiimate. If they give you ID you can still sell them the supplies and let the police do the detective work.

Oh yeah,,, and dont forget to do something with your hair.
Go to Top of Page

HUNT WALKERS

375 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  12:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine is married to a meth monster, she has mentioned the "cooler meth" your talking about. Don't care to know what the recipe is but I remember her saying there is gun blueing a role of nickles and something else put in a cooler and buried for something like 30 days and the stuff turns into powder which they smoke.
Go to Top of Page

minitruck83
Advanced Member

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  12:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottm21166

the recipe for meth is red white and blue....
red phosphorus
white efedrine
blue iodine...does gun blue contain iodine?

Resublimed iodine has the nasty property of turning from a solid to a gas and back to a solid! Think about that one a minute. A lung full of powdered iodine!

Allen
Go to Top of Page

Locust Fork

USA
24813 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  01:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I take Nyquil every night to go to sleep....I have done this for years....I have so much stress and mess that I think about when I try to go to sleep that I just can't...I will lay there for hours pestering myself and getting more and more aggrivated. Anyway, the fact that I have to take this stuff makes it a constant stop every few days to pick up my alloted 2 bottle max. I could go and get a prescription...and I have in the past. Ambien worked about the same as the Nyquil and a lot faster. The fact that I don't have health insurance makes that a very expensive thing to deal with..$65 office visit and the $87 prescription only to have to go back in a couple of months beause they refuse to renew my prescription without seeing me.

This is my little thing I have to deal with....only because SOME people can't be trusted with everyday average common sence things. I guess I could stand there in front of some looser and have a long drawn out episode that involves me getting all worked up and actually spending time dealing with this crap.....OR.....I can chunck that looser out on their rear end and resist the urge to kick them in the privates and thank them for the fact that I can't stock up on Nyquil.

Lets vote....
1..Take IDs and spend time with druggie loosers only to be able to tell the authorities that someone bought a large amount of a legal to own substance.
2..Kick the druggies in the privates and tell them to go away.

Go to Top of Page

KSUmarksman
Advanced Member

USA
11363 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  01:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Locust:

Benadryl is probably better for you in the long run than nyquil. Benadryl has the same drug as some sleep aids (I checked) and doesn't have the acetominophen that nyquil has. Acetominophen is rather bad for the liver, for instance the instructions tell you to avoid alcohol if you are taking acetominophen. (liver can only filter out a limited amount of oth substances, taking both is like OD-ing on either)

Go to Top of Page

Locust Fork

USA
24813 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  01:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip....I wonder if there is a liquid Benadryl? The only reason I take the Nyquil is because it works fast. I have tried Benadryl...it stays with me in the morning for some reason.

Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
26785 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  09:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KSUmarksman is right, if Nyquil has acetaminophen {Tylenol} in it you better go to plan B.
Acetaminophen will fry your liver, just take it when you have a headache.
Go to Top of Page

hughbetcha
Advanced Member

USA
8519 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  12:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HUNT WALKERS

A friend of mine is married to a meth monster, she has mentioned the "cooler meth" your talking about. Don't care to know what the recipe is but I remember her saying there is gun blueing a role of nickles and something else put in a cooler and buried for something like 30 days and the stuff turns into powder which they smoke.

You have got to be kidding me? A roll of nickels and gun blue? it's amazing these people live long enough to pass these recipes around.
Go to Top of Page

KSUmarksman
Advanced Member

USA
11363 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  12:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a bunch of gun-related MSDS sheets.
For those not academia or industry which uses lots of chemicals, MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheet is basically an information release about chemicals or products from several chemicals (pesticide, paint, gun blue) which contains health safety information, fire hazards and special firefighting techniques (ie. don't use water, etc.), storage info, environmental concerns, etc. etc.

This link has MSDS for gun blue, gun oil, bore cleaners and a bunch of other stuff. Basically gun blue is nasty fooey, I concur with hugh, how any of these suckers survive is beyond me.

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/msds.asp

Go to Top of Page

Locust Fork

USA
24813 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  01:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I could say I want them to all drop over a cliff...but the crappy sister of mine has this problem. OR...at least she HAD that problem a while back. I don't think she uses drugs now, but still has the biggest bunch of loosers around her all of the time...and is a trash pit of a person. I haven't had anything to do with her in YEARS. I keep thinking that she will be better and start wanting more out of life....but that day is FAR AWAY from how she is now.

I don't get how anyone can let things get like that...do they look at the junkies and say..."I want a sofa in MY yard one day??" It can't possibly feel THAT good....I've had hangovers before and you get up the next day praying for help and swearing to be good from now on. But...to go as far as to loose anything worth having, let everything get so worn out and filthy around and to cost a small fortune to be that way....is just CRAZY.

I don't get these people....at all.

Go to Top of Page

lightbar
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

one is a communist gun and the other is a democratic gun.
Go to Top of Page

rmealman
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  03:14:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anhydrous amonia is also use in farming. It acts as a fertalizer. That is why you will often hear someone say I need to find a white buffalo(the big white tank in the middle of a field). It is very dangerous. It boils at -33.34 degrees celcius. That is negative, very cold. If you get any of this on you it will peel you skin off. The reason it is used in the production of meth is because one of the ingrediants is lithium which people get from lithium batteries. They will peel the batteries open and take out the strips and add it to the ephedrian. However when lithium in that form comes into contact with the humidity in the air it heats up very quickly and can even catch fire. The anhydrous(no water) amonia allows the lithium to bond without getting hot or comming into contact with moisture. I hope this clears up any questions or misconceptions. As for the gun bluing, they mix it with amonia and activated carbon. then somtimes they suspend strings into the mixture, which is where the term string dope comes from, and the chemicals react forming crystals. It is not meth in the literal sense but it has the exact same effects.
Go to Top of Page

MaxOHMS
Advanced Member

USA
11275 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  03:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KSUmarksman

let's just say that I would NEVER work with anhydrous ammonia unless I had an exhaust hood which was tested for sufficient airflow, and even then I would use extreme caution.

I believe that diethyl ether is also used somewhere in the procedure (unless I am confusing that with the purification of cocaine) which has an extremely low boiling point (it will boil if you hold a beaker of it in your hand) and extremely low flash point for the vapor. One mistake and KABOOM! I do know for sure that ether is used in some procedure with cocaine and recall that some comedian or actor blew himself up during the procedure.

I can't remember his name, but it was that incident that started the "Ignited Negro Fund".

Go to Top of Page

reloader44mag
Advanced Member

16168 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  03:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shootertutor

quote:
Originally posted by KSUmarksman

I can't remember his name, but it was that incident that started the "Ignited Negro Fund".

Richard Pryor
Go to Top of Page

storm6490
Advanced Member

8138 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  06:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you are out in the beautiful woods hunting game for your family and you come upon a meth lab that is in the process of cooking, you can place on well aimed shot into the white dense smoke coming out of the stack and the whole lab will blow up and catch on fire. It will be very hard to determine how the fire actually started and most times it will be determined a cooking accident. If they cooks run out lit on fire, do the world a favor and give them one to the head and once center mass.

Meth labs destroy a large area around the equipment and can kill entire lakes and streams. The cleanup is very tricky. Almost better if it blow up and burns to bits.

The damn meth heads made it really hard for me to buy iodine in bulk. We use it on cattle and I use it on myself a lot as well. You have to show ID to purchase it at the supply stores and they never stock much.

Never heard of them using bluing for guns. I guess the ammonia and acid would be useful.

Meth was discovered in WW2 by the Nazi's who were all tweaked out on the stuff while hauling ass in tanks and flying airplanes with nitrous injection which they also invented. Nitrous and Meth, nice combo eh? The troops brought the formula home and it evolved into a really big problem when the biker gangs produced it commercially. It used to be called ice or crystal meth. Now it's a hell of a lot more dangerous and toxic because the materials needed to produce it are not readily available. They use mixed chemicals like blueing that have the primary ingredients they need. So long for the lab grade ice! :)

Meth heads can come clean. Meth dealers must die.

Go to Top of Page

Boomerang
PurpleStars

USA
4538 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  07:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gun Blue is neither a precursor or reagent used to make meth. I have never ran into a lab scenario where gun blue has been involved. I think this guy is either pulling your leg, or is really misinformed. If he is a LEO, then he needs to attend a meth lab recertification training. Oh thats right you live in Alabama, that explains it.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

… and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton ”I smoked it, but I didn't inhale.”

NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

Johnnylikesguns
Advanced Member

USA
2928 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  08:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Leave it to a newbie to dig up a 4 year old thread.

WTH

John
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11503 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  08:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnnylikesguns

WTH

+1...when I saw Zipperzap posted, I was also like WTH
Go to Top of Page

LesWVa
Advanced Member

7330 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  09:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zipperzap

Could be that he has been sucking a donkey's...........

Well never mind..
Go to Top of Page

mrseatle
Advanced Member

USA
16779 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

WTH

But at least he was very informative!!! I learned way too much reading this thread, it actually kinda grosses me out, because of my aversion to chemicals. I like the natural stuff

like beer

CHL and FFL holders are Traitors...!

Edited by - mrseatle on 12/06/2009 10:18:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

KSUmarksman
Advanced Member

USA
11363 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  1:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh wow!

I had some intelligent and informative posts back in the day,
I swear, graduate school made me stoopid...

Go to Top of Page

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19006 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  1:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Typical; someone who joins the site today suddenly has the urge to make his very first post...On the tread from three and a half years ago! Makes me wonder if he was running the GB forum search function for topics on meth?

Edited by - mark christian on 12/06/2009 1:28:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Flying Clay Disk
Advanced Member

USA
25651 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  1:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark christian

Typical; someone who joins the site today suddenly has the urge to make his very first post...On the tread from three and a half years ago! Makes me wonder if he was running the GB forum search function for topics on meth?

...or if he's an anti-gunner trying to get some traction for his cause by attempting to connect guns to drugs

FCD

"Fortes et liber"

In the immortal words of another GB member - "...it's not much of an overstatement to say they were inhuman bloodsucking soulless vultures."

Get In...Sit Down...Shut Up...Hang On!!

Come in...Turn around...Gimme' your wallet...Bend over!!! <edited due to obamanomics>

Go to Top of Page

Locust Fork

USA
24813 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  1:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to show how my mind works..... I thought tsat was digging through the "vault" and was going to harp on me for taking Nyquil (which I don't any more after the info KSUmarksman gave me.)

Go to Top of Page

Sperry
Advanced Member

4174 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  3:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

WTH

Yet, isn't it refreshing to read a response rather than a reaction?

Funny how someone can establish themselves in one post, while
another can blather for years without really saying anything.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
31536 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  5:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well has anyone notice about 2 years ago Cold meds over thecounter stuff seem to no longer work. Well the reason is they took the good stuff out of them because people making meth. Here in Oregon anything tha can make meth is no a Presciription drug and need to have a doctors Prescription.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page