GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Winchester model 94 double set triggers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

One shot

USA
1653 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in need of a detailed photo of the set trigger system found on a Winchester model 94. Bert H. had a few photo's which were of help, but once I got the trigger group apart the problems is a bit bigger than originally thought. Who ever tried to monkey rig the set trigger ended up screwing the hole thing up. I found an original part but I can make the part for less than what he wants for his replacement. The rifle I have is a pre-64 model 94 chambered in 32-40 Winchester. The rifle was made in late 1894, or there abouts. I have enough of the set trigger left to make a fairly good pattern but want some good photo's of the parts and the way they relate to eachother just to make sure. I guess this will give me a good excuse to go out and buy a new thermostat for my kiln.

"The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."

Edited by - One shot on 07/12/2006 12:40:20 AM

Ray B
Advanced Member

9253 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you're done, I have drawings and dimensions so that yu can make the set trigger, which is the only part missing, from my Mannlicher Schoenauer 1903.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15445 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  05:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried www.gunpartscorp.com? They have online drawings (clickable so you can see each part in detail)...and I know the pre 64 in there too...

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
Go to Top of Page

One shot

USA
1653 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  2:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I will give the drawings on gun parts a shot. As far as ordering parts from gun parts, I would rathes slide down a pole laced with razor blades.

"The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15445 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  3:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
problems ordering from them that you would prefer razor blades?..

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
Go to Top of Page

One shot

USA
1653 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  01:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
problems ordering from them that you would prefer razor blades?..

Hell yes!!!! When I was running my own shop I worked on many older firearms. Evertime I ordered parts from the they sent me what they called "workable substitutes". They would not know a "workable substitute if it jumped up and bit them in the butt. I made a total of 15 various orders from them and only ended up with three items I could use. I think I will either make the needed parts or stick with other prooven suppliers.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page