GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Nikon Monarch or Leupold VX-II for 7mm Rem Mag
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goldeneagle76
Advanced Member

USA
3536 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  8:24:58 PM  Show Profile
I am liking these scopes with the aiming points from 100-500 yds. Nikon Monarch UCC has the BDC reticle and Leupold VX-II has the LRD reticle. Would either of these scopes handle the 7mm Rem Mag rifle or is the recoil too strong for them?

tsavo303
Advanced Member

8001 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  8:38:32 PM  Show Profile
no both are fine.
leupold are the only scopes that many African rifle builers will put on the .416, .458, and above
etc.
both are good scopes, nikon is brighter for the $
Go to Top of Page

FEENIX
Advanced Member

USA
9801 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  11:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Leupolds are made in the U.S. and some of the Nikons are made in the Philippines. Otherwise, they are both OK.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Go to Top of Page

aglore
Advanced Member

USA
5291 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  11:57:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FEENIX

Leupolds are made in the U.S. and some of the Nikons are made in the Philippines. Otherwise, they are both OK.

Burris Signature Series scopes are the only scopes of the big brand named scopes made in the US. They even have their own glass factory for them here. Leupold are just assembled here in the US.

There are those with the intestanal fortitude to serve and then there are those who lack that intestanal fortitude but bask in the glory of those who do.
Go to Top of Page

goldeneagle76
Advanced Member

USA
3536 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  08:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks guys, I think I will go with the Monarch since it lets a little more light in than the Leupold. I like the BDC reticle too.
Go to Top of Page

tsavo303
Advanced Member

8001 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  09:54:10 AM  Show Profile
hey watch the NR auctions that end daily, one dude sells 2 burris and 1 leupold VXIII every day at about 1/2 price
Go to Top of Page

mrbruce
Advanced Member

USA
3451 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  09:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Burris has the Ballistic plex in there scopes, and it's way better than those made in the Phillippines....

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
Go to Top of Page

FEENIX
Advanced Member

USA
9801 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by aglore

quote:

Burris Signature Series scopes are the only scopes of the big brand named scopes made in the US. They even have their own glass factory for them here. Leupold are just assembled here in the US.

Aglore,

I have a Nikon that is clearly labeled Made in the Philippines and Leupolds Made (not assembled) is the US.

Leupolds are made in OR. I like Burris (made in CO) but do not own one at this time.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Go to Top of Page

tsavo303
Advanced Member

8001 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  2:26:36 PM  Show Profile
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=56143465
check this guy every night
Go to Top of Page

goldeneagle76
Advanced Member

USA
3536 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  2:49:39 PM  Show Profile
I know the topic is getting locked with one more post but how is this guy selling these scopes for 1/2 price. Is there some kind of gimic? Are they Euro models or something? Any difference?
Go to Top of Page

aglore
Advanced Member

USA
5291 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  2:58:50 PM  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by aglore

quote:

Aglore,

I have a Nikon that is clearly labeled Made in the Philippines and Leupolds Made (not assembled) is the US.

Leupolds are made in OR. I like Burris (made in CO) but do not own one at this time.

Leupold imports their glass from Japan. Burris Signature Series glass is made here in the US.

There are those with the intestanal fortitude to serve and then there are those who lack that intestanal fortitude but bask in the glory of those who do.
Go to Top of Page

South40

125 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile
If you get the Nikon, you will probably need a reversible front base on your scope mounts. The bell on the Nikon is fairly long, and may prevent you from mounting the scope as far back as you want -- S40

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page