GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 BSA Sweet 17 3x12x40
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

D@D
Advanced Member

USA
3774 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  4:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone own one if so how do you like it? I know you get what you pay for but I just want to know about this scope. Thinking about putting one on a Marlin 917VS.

WillRuss

62 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  6:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look the scope up at http://www.midwayusa.com. There are several reviews of that particular scope there.

Edited by - WillRuss on 11/07/2006 6:03:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

ern98

1823 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  10:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've owned several BSA scopes over the years, the cheap one wasn't worth keeping so I didn't. The contender is ok and is still kicking around here somewhere. It holds point of impact ok, adjusts ok, and in reality the glass is ok. The sweet 17s that I've looked at are of the contender level of tech & quality control and would, I assume, be just fine for what you want to put it on. I put a Burris 3x9x40 with BPlex on my 17HMR and have been very happy with that.
Go to Top of Page

Old Fool

USA
1837 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  08:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buy a Swift and don't look back. They are great US made scopes with a reasonable price and the best warranty in the business.

He who governs least governs best.

NRA Distinguished Member
Go to Top of Page

RLL2966
Starting Member

43 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  04:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same rifle and bought that scope for it. I haven't sighted it in yet. I got the scope from MidwayUSA when it was on sale, $85.00 I think. Let's face it, the Malin is no Kimber and the BSA isn't a Leupold. One thing that it says in the instructions is that the bullet drop compensator is set-up for the 17gr. bullet. The scope seems nice and clear and it has the adjustable objective. It looks nice on the rifle, lol. I figure that scope should be just fine for that rifle.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page