GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 valmet 412
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alfred
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  11:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please: Need help on value: Valmet 412 4 bbl set 30/06 - 30/06, 12ga/222 - 12/12 - 20/20 - with scope mount as new, any help appreciated alfred

AdamsQuailHunter

1018 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  11:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know exactly how big --- but to me big bucks. I have put in a call for AntiqueDr. He does this kind of stuff all day in his business. Hopefully he will join you shortly.

I wish I had a 20/20 barrel set for my 412.

Best Regards
Go to Top of Page

alfred
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  9:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for your time (AdamsQuailHunter) I await your friends advise. alfred

Go to Top of Page

WHIZ630
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  9:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
valmet412: get on www.{elsewhere}.com and you will find what the valmet sells for. when you get on the net punch in shotguns and go to valmet. whiz630
Go to Top of Page

alfred
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  06:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whiz630: thanks for the input. When I find out what www/************.com means I'll due that. alfred

Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1018 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  01:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alfred

I make the assumption the the other sites are "A@@U@@C@@T@@I@@O@@N@@A@@R@@M@@S.COM" and "E@@B@@A@@N@@G.COM" Strip-out the "@" symbols to find the name of the sites, this forum will not allow the use of competing site names,----can't say that I blame them.

I have tried a search on each of these sites for "valmet" with no results for the 412. Since the person whom I had hoped would respond must be out of pocket at the moment, I will take another swing at it.

I would offer you $1800.00 for the set right now ---- sight unseen. I would have to go down to the bank and take out a "signature" loan, yes, they still do that were I live.

Do I think you can get more for it-----yes. Just list it here on GunBroker with pictures if you have that capability ---- I don't or I would list some of my stuff on GunBroker ---- apparently they don't get any commission unless you sell it ---- unlike eBay. Also you can list it again and again if necessary.

However, if you want to sell it NOW, just use the e-mail envelope in this header to contact me. I will be happy to buy it from you at the price I quoted.

Best Regards
Go to Top of Page

alfred
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  10:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AdamsQuailHunter: Your honesty is refreshing. I went to a gun show over the weekend and have decided to put it on the auction block in the near future. I'M in the process of getting a digital camera (a Canon s-30 I think) Don't know much about them either!! The consensus of opinion at the show is that the value is between 2 & 3 thousand. Of course these people got a look at the gun and it is mint throughout. You have been up front with me and before I settle for any offer at the range you mentioned I shall look you up first. sincerely, alfred

Go to Top of Page

JJP
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  11:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 412S barrel set - 12ga / 30-06 new in the box (brown wrap). Any idea on where I can post this item for sale?
Go to Top of Page

mark christian
Administrator

Panama
19258 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  11:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that the Valmet name has been discontinued and these are now imported under the Fennewerk (Finland Gun Works) brand name. A new field grade 12 ga. will run $1039.95 retail and $719.95 dealer cost. O/U shotgun barrels are $479.95, combination barrels are $549.95, and O/U rifle barrels run $614.95. I can't find any prices on the scope mount. That looks like about $2350 total- wholesale- plus the value of the scope mount. There are a few other dealers on this board who don't like my handing out wholesale prices to the public... so you did not hear this from me!

Mark T. Christian
Go to Top of Page

dkf

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  11:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Valmet is listed on page 1430 "Blue Book of Gun Values" Twenty Third Edition, It will depend which of the 412's you have, the basic model goes from $775 to $1355, the extra barrel assemblies are $505 to $605 for each shotgun set which includes the screw in chokes, $579 for each shotgun/rifle combo and $660 for each double rifle set, add another $100 if it has ejectors. The scope mount will depend if it is a fixed mount or twist off mount, they go for $200 on an average with rings. Low ball total with ejectors if it is the Model 412S $3120. They also had a leather case that could be purchased with the four barrel set and it sold for $500.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page