GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Harrington and Richardson Model 1880
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iowanick
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  2:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had an old revolver in my small collection for many years that was given to me. I really never paid too much attention to it. Yesterday I took it out and found out (after intense internet searching) that it is a Harrington and Richardson Model 1880 Double action revolver. I believe it to be a 32 caliber with a 6 shot cylinder. Can anyone tell me what it is approximately worth and is this somewhat a rare gun. Other than about an inch at the bottom end of the barrel where the chrome plating has come off it seems that it is in pretty good condition.
Thanks for any help. Nick

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15427 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  3:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latest edition of "Flayderman's Guide", values the H & R Model 1880, Double Action between $150 & $350 depending on condition. The loss of nickel plateing on the barrel would have a negative affect on the value.

Go to Top of Page

b.goforth

966 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2006 :  3:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the H&R model 1880 was manufactured for a limited time 1880-1883. this is the model name given it by flaydermans because that is the patent date marked on it . early H&R advertizement simply listed it as the "H&R double action model".
bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page