GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 How Do You Load a Remington Nylon 66 LR
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nylon6622
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  01:52:37 AM  Show Profile
I have just gotten a Remington Nylon 66 .22 LR.I do not know how to load the gun. I do not have an owners manual as I recieived this gun from my grandfather. If anyone can tell me how to load the gun and/or where to get an owners manual I would highly appreciate it. Also, my email address is ALPack33@aol.com

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15778 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  02:11:19 AM  Show Profile
Go to this URL. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/nylonrifles/

Go to Top of Page

jbw1776
Advanced Member

2526 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  02:11:40 AM  Show Profile
First off, Welcome

There is a tube magazine in the butt of the gun. Look at the buttplate, the end of the tube is the round "handle" you see. Turn it and pull out. The tube will come out. At the other end of the tube, about an inch or two down, you will see a cutout for you to drop the bullets in. Load them up and reinsert the tube back into the buttstock and lock it back in place.

Go here and scroll down to "Remington 66". That is the owners manual in PDF format. You can open it and then print it off for free. Good luck!

http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm

Ben

Click here to check out my listings on GunBroker!

Go to Top of Page

bgjohn

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  07:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Remove the tube from the butt as above. Then, drop bullet end first, 13 22lr rounds. Re-install the magazine tube in the buttstock. Pull and release the lever to cycle the action. That will load the first round. The rifle is ready to shoot depending on the position of the safety.
JM
Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24667 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  08:05:23 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bgjohn

Remove the tube from the butt as above. Then, drop bullet end first, 13 22lr rounds. Re-install the magazine tube in the buttstock. Pull and release the lever to cycle the action. That will load the first round. The rifle is ready to shoot depending on the position of the safety.
JM

The Nylon 66 is a VERY fun gun! I've had mine for over 30 years and I can still drive tacks with it. Enjoy!

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

Jeffer

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:17:11 AM  Show Profile
Where does one find Dry lube for them. I got my Nylon in my fathers Estate, and no one seems to sell the recommended lube for it locally.
Go to Top of Page

big mango

United Arab Emirates
1826 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:47:01 AM  Show Profile
DRY GRAHPHITE, LOCKSMITH SHOP OR WALMART SHOULD HAVE IT

big mango
Go to Top of Page

bgjohn

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  07:56:43 AM  Show Profile
I bought mine new in the 60's. It cost $39.95. It's worth much more today. Accurate and fun to shoot. It's the only gun my wife likes to shoot. She calls it "The Plinker".
JM
Go to Top of Page

Almaguna

65 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  11:24:09 AM  Show Profile
First gun I ever owned.Sold a runt pig my step-dad gave me to raise and bought the gun for $40 at the hardware store. many hours of fun and now my grandson shoots it.
Go to Top of Page

captkirk3@dslextreme.com
Administrator

5098 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  11:46:10 AM  Show Profile
When You Load the Tube....be sure to Load the Cartridges Correctly..With The Bullets Facing Forward...in the Stock....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles
Go to Top of Page

Jeffer

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:04:14 PM  Show Profile
I must admit to not liking the plastic gun thing, until I got this rifle, it is the lightest and fairest out of the box shooter I have seen yet. Seems Remington was onto something when they built this and the nylon77 rifles.
Go to Top of Page

Jeffer

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:19:16 PM  Show Profile
I must admit to not liking the plastic gun thing, until I got this rifle, it is the lightest and fairest out of the box shooter I have seen yet. Seems Remington was onto something when they built this and the nylon77 rifles.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page