GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Singlepoint red dot scope
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gunswapper

447 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  10:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have what appears to be a red dot scope marked SINGLE POINT on top of the eyepiece. The left side is marked in four lines: "MADE IN ENGLAND BY" over "SINGLEPOINT (GREAT BRITIAN) LTD." over "REGD. TRADE MARK" over "WORLD PATS. APPD. FOR". I did an internet search and turned up info stating a scope like this was used on a Star Wars storm trooper's blaster rifle. Can anyone tell me how the scope works? Does it use a battery? When I look into the eyepiece I see a red dot in a field of black; can't see through the scope to the target at all. Any info on operation and value of this scope will be appreciated. Thanks, Gunswapper.

Gunswapper

447 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  10:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I logged on to the"Ask The Experts" forum I couldn't see this post. I did a search for "singlepoint" and it showed up. Why is it not showing on the forum? Thanks, Gunswapper.
Go to Top of Page

Gunswapper

447 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  12:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Folks, I sure need this info! Thanks, Gunswapper!
Go to Top of Page

blacarrow

598 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  12:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No batteries are needed for this scope. You need to have both eyes open. Your dominent eye looks through the scope and your other eye sees the target upon which the red dot is seen, or vice versa. It's been quite a while since I've had one, I believe it's a 60's era item.

Hope this helps.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Gunswapper

447 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  1:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, blacarrow! Any idea on value? Gunswapper.
Go to Top of Page

blacarrow

598 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  2:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's in very good condition, probably $75-100. There's not much you can do to hurt them other than dropping it from a very high place.

If it were me, I'd try it out and see if you like it. Some folks have a hard time shooting with both eyes open. Like most "dot" scopes, up close target acquisition is fast, but it is not well suited to precision long range shooting.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

nards444
Flaming Liberal

USA
3841 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  7:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no battries I dont know what kind that is.the CCO(Close combat Optics)that we use in the army or red dot has battries. Its just like using a normal scope. The ones we use, you have to make sure the dot is in the middle up to 50m past that where you aim the bullet is suppose to go. If you plan on shooting more than 200m i would use it. To my knowledge they dont offer magnification
Go to Top of Page

Cobra_UK
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  7:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gunswapper, ive been looking for one of those for a few weeks, i bought a Jackal air rifle and am seeking a singlepoint to go with it, blacarrow is correct in his description of its use, point and shoot where the red dot is in your right eye basically.

If your thinking of selling it let me know

Cobra

Seeking Jackals working or not
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page