GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 The Regent
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

samcyanide
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  11:40:12 PM  Show Profile
I have a pistol called "The Regent" it is a .22 LR snub nose. Name on the side is firearms international corp. I need some info on this one I cant find any

If you don't know how to handle a gun DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!

Sage

371 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  12:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Welcome. Only things I could come up with. made by Karl Burgsmuller, Kreiensen,the old West Germany. Double action. Not much collector interest, worth maybe $150.00.

NRA Endowment Life Member
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15832 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  12:11:32 AM  Show Profile
My reference identifies it as being made in West Germany, dating to the 1960's. Firearms International was the U.S. importer/distributor.

There were at least ( 4 ) different manufacturers in West Germany during that time frame, that provided inexpensive, mediocre quality handguns to the U.S. market.

Give us all the markings on the revolver. The DOM and manufacturer might be identified by them.

Go to Top of Page

samcyanide
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  02:59:34 AM  Show Profile
well it is stamped that it was made in the usa and it has a serial number R36*** other than that it has only the name and company on it

Go to Top of Page

Pearyw
Advanced Member

3718 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  11:56:48 AM  Show Profile
I bought a Regent new about 40 years ago. I didn't keep it long as it was poorly made and shaved lead. I think it cost about $35 new.
Go to Top of Page

firebawlp
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  10:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Mine does in fact shave lead, but for some reason I am much more accurate with it than I am my Mom's SS Ruger Single Six. Plus I don't have to beel bad if it gets banged around.
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15832 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  03:18:55 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by samcyanide

well it is stamped that it was made in the usa and it has a serial number R36*** other than that it has only the name and company on it

It's not likely to be the West German Regent then. Can't find any reference to a U.S. made Regent in any of my books.

After the Gun Control Act of 1968 put a stop to the importation of cheap German handguns. Some of the importers/distributors assembled them in the U.S. with a combination of U.S. made and imported parts. This was legal as long as a certain number of parts were made in the U.S. Perhaps this is the explanation as to why there is no listing for Regent, in the B. B. or other references.

Go to Top of Page

john carr

986 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  09:02:08 AM  Show Profile
The (Firearms International Regent, 24 oz. DA revolver,cal.32S&W Long, 2 1/4" barrell, U.S. made, sells @ $39.95) was one of the 15 firearms out of 59 tested that finished the grueling 5000 round test ordered by the Treasury Dept. when they were trying to determine the definition of a "saturday night special". I'm sure they made this in .22 LR caliber also. This test was conducted in 1971.
Go to Top of Page

samcyanide
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  10:49:30 PM  Show Profile
As far as the reliability tests I don't think this one would have passed it misfires a minimum 1 of every 8 rounds. I will try to post a pic soon.

Go to Top of Page

samcyanide
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  10:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Here it is
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/samcyanide/Regent.jpg

Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15832 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  11:43:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by samcyanide

Here it is
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/samcyanide/Regent.jpg

Your Regent revolver has a very similar look to a revolver called a Sentinel made by the High Standard Co., during the same time frame. Perhaps that explains the mystery of the Regent's, little known history, i.e. it was made for F.I., by High Standard.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page