GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Winslow Arms Rare Rifle.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tgriz555
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  2:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello - I have a mid to upper grade Winslow Arms .22-.250 rifle I inherited from a collector. It is in like new condition with ivory inserts, jeweled boly & clip, redfield scope, very nice mahogany, etc......

How can I find out it's true value?...as I am considering selling as it's too nice for me to shoot. I see very few of these rifles out there. There are no grade engravings - other than the serial # near the bolt.

nmyers
Advanced Member

12693 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  2:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TRUE value? That can only be found by listing at absolute auction, & seeing what someone is ready, willing, & able to pay.

All Winslows were custom made. Value depends upon caliber, grade, & style. But, the $4,000-6,000 range may well be possible.

I usually recommend listing guns on this site. But, unusual high end guns often do well at places like Butterfield or Rock Island Auctions.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

captkirk3@dslextreme.com
Administrator

5098 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  2:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends upon which Model of WINSLOW ARMS CO. Rifle you have.....? Theres 10 differant Models....
For your information WINSLOW ARMS CO. was established in Venice, Florida about 1962. Moved to Osprey, Florida about 1976, and is now in Camden, S.C......This is From Balderson's Antique and Modern Firearms Seventh Edition....Page 632...
If You'll post a Model Number or a complete and total discription...Then We might be able to post a Value...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles
Go to Top of Page

tgriz555
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I greatly appreciate the help! The rifle appears to be a Regimental or Crown Grade. It's a .22-.250. and looks like new...the barrel is also VERY blue. The only manual engraving near the bolt area is "1819". It appears to be the Bushmaster model - as I found a 1992 ad for this rifle being sold on Ebay. This particular rife is quite fancy, but not too fancy to where it's "gawdy" looking. I have pics if it would help. I've been searching hard for what it's worth, but there aren't many Winslow's out there to compare it to.
Go to Top of Page

JIM STARK

1595 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  4:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue book lists values (Theirs) for Winslow arms rifles.... Winslow is about 45 miles from my place, and, although they are still open as a retail storefront, I don't believe they are presently making custom rifles....
JIM.............
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page