GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 The Fishing Hole!
 Lake Ozark Fishing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

317wc
Cop Hating Trollete

850 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  2:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I went out again yesterday, exploring a new section of the lake. This area is far removed from anything resembling easy access. The area I normally fish has been used over the years, there are a lot of trails, old logging roads, etc. which make it easy. Not this area. If you have ever been in the NE, you might know what I mean. Thick as jungle brush, large banks of thorn-bushes, large, blown-over trees, heavy vegetation in general. I was getting pretty frustrated having to backtrack and bushwhack my way in. On top of that, I didn't even catch any fish, although I had a nice swim when I snagged my favorite popper and had to get it back. Oh well, I did scout some new areas for the upcoming deer season, and found a steep drop-off I will explore next time.

I also went out for awhile a few nights ago. I was meeting some friends, and we had a nice BBQ/bonfire/beer drinking session. I showed them my secret spot, and they proceeded to assault it horribly. There is no finesse with those guys. Of course they skunked out, while I had only 1, about 16". It worked to my advantage, since I always talk about this spot. Now they refuse to believe I actually catch fish there, that I was BSing them all the while. Oh well. Hope everyone else out there is tying into them. Fish on!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Rained out this morning. I love to fish in the rain but clients dont. Went out before the rain and caught 2 Keepers real quick then the rain came . It was raining and blowing not real safe to be out. Keepers are bass over 15 inches long here at Lake of the Ozarks. I really wish would of went back out but my wife has other plans for me. Oh well I get to fish lots better help the princess.

Good Fishing
Ed
www.bigedsguideservice

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  06:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow i just noticed that this Blog has had over 50000 views over the past few years.. I never thought that it would last this long but it has kind of been a journal of the fishing here at Lake Of the Ozarks. during this time I have never posted a picture of a fish now I have to fess up I have never gone fishing in my life. All of these years I have sat in my chair dreaming of going fishing but have never made it on a lake. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is not true I fish every day and I am a full time guide on Lake of the Ozarks. I have never posted a picture on here welll it is because I can't fiqure out how to do it. Good at fishing bad at computers real bad. The past few years I have had felt like I have met some very nioce people and hope someday to mee them in person.
Getting ready to meet some clients today for a fun day on the lake. However it is raining cats and dogs. How fun can that be I have the raingear they will he wet from one end to another. No the y wont as they just sent me a text canceling their trip. Dang I got up at 4 for nothing better go fishing just for fun then .

Everyone have a great time go fishing keep what you need release the rest. I always practice catch and release on bass but those crappie sure taste good in the spring time.Be careful out there!

Thanks for reading this stuff. I do enjoy what I do www.bigedsguideservice.com
www.bassandbaskets.com
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  8:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tough times here at the lake .. Fishing tougher than a two dollar steak. The bass have seen big worms and I think they have got wise. It was a 100 degrees here today and the water temp is in the 90s. The lake is crazy as this is the last blast for most of the people. Soon we will have the lake back to ourself and the fish will start biting again. Late Sept the whites usually start and that will go until mid Nov. Fun city those things pull your string and it is not hard to catch 25 a night Good times for all. Everyone have a safe weekend and if you get the chance go out and catch a few ..

Good Fishing
Big Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  8:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tough times here at the lake .. Fishing tougher than a two dollar steak. The bass have seen big worms and I think they have got wise. It was a 100 degrees here today and the water temp is in the 90s. The lake is crazy as this is the last blast for most of the people. Soon we will have the lake back to ourself and the fish will start biting again. Late Sept the whites usually start and that will go until mid Nov. Fun city those things pull your string and it is not hard to catch 25 a night Good times for all. Everyone have a safe weekend and if you get the chance go out and catch a few ..

Good Fishing
Big Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  8:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Good Fishing
Big Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  12:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep thinking tomorrow is going to be the day. Guide trips have slowed down but the fishing has too. It wont be long until the fish start chasing shad and things will pick up. Been catching fish but not the big ones. There was a BFL tournament here at the lake today and there was only one guy that weighed in over a twenty pound sack. Most of the time if you don't have over 20 you might as well not weigh in. That is tough fishing WOW. Well i have been enjoying the down time. It will pick up in a few weeks for a month or so. Then I get to fish when I want and how I want. Bummer is I dont get paid!

Good Fishing
Big Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  12:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep thinking tomorrow is going to be the day. Guide trips have slowed down but the fishing has too. It wont be long until the fish start chasing shad and things will pick up. Been catching fish but not the big ones. There was a BFL tournament here at the lake today and there was only one guy that weighed in over a twenty pound sack. Most of the time if you don't have over 20 you might as well not weigh in. That is tough fishing WOW. Well i have been enjoying the down time. It will pick up in a few weeks for a month or so. Then I get to fish when I want and how I want. Bummer is I dont get paid!

Good Fishing
Big Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2013 :  2:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing not much better. You can catch dinks but you really have to work hard to catch a big one. Time is getting right we will have a good fall fishing I am sure but it is just like the dog days of summer now. This time of the year you just never know what you are going to get. That again is why it is called fishing not catching. Hope the fish in your area are biting. good fishing!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  08:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing here at the lake has been pretty slow. The fish can be caught but most are small right now.. Looking out at the lake shad are on the surface all zillion of them and the bass are full as ticks. It is not uncommon to catch a bass and it spit shad out in your boat. The current water temp is in the mid 70s and it wont be long until the fish go on the fall feed. I am sure looking forward for that to happen. Good luck got to get ready for a 8am trip.
Good fishing!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow the fishing has been tough here. Thank god I was out of town for a week because it seems that the fish are having a real case of lock jaw. The water temp is perfect it in the mid 60s and you would think that the fish would go on the fall feed. Norally this time of the year we are smacking the white bass but I have only caught a few this year. I still think that we have way to many small shad that make it easy for the bass to feed. Good for the bass bad for the fisherman. Raining cats and dogs this morning so in the house I stay. My trip for today got canceled and there is no reason to get wet...... Think I will put on my rainsuit and make a few cast.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  08:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing is still tough here at the lake . The water temp is in the low 60s and clear. I sure wish things will change I need to catch some big ones. i got selected to serve Jury duty this week coming up so there goes this week fishing. I have guide trips scheduled but they dont seem to care. All the people that are laid off and I am self employed and have to give work away. Oh well still proud to be American!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  09:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.. First and foremost I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart all of the men and woman that have served in our country's military. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I know I am a day late but people in the service should be remembered everyday.

The fishing yesterday was just the same as it has been for the past few weeks... You can catch dinks but the bigger fish are just not wanting to eat my bait. Normally this time of the year the fishing is great. White Bass , Hybrids, Crappie, and Black Bass are eating good. i don't know what is up but it is not tjust this lake but all of the big lakes are are fishing tough. It must be a combo of the weather and the bait fish population. The fall funk is here and in full swing. Yesterday I fished in short sleeves today a snowmobile suit would be in order. Welcome to the midwest. Oh well the lake has no ice and the boat has a full tank of gas ready to go.. I have jury duty this week and deer season next week so oh well. I am sure that I will have a little fishing time sometime this week. My wife just said the lake looks cold today. Are you going fishing before you go to jury duty. Does she think I am stupid or something? You know she does know me pretty good.

Good Fishing
Ed
www.bassandbaskets.com
www.bigedsguideservice.com

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  07:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather is cold but the fishing is hot hot hot. The water temp finally got into the low 50s and somebody must of turned the lets eat sign on. Caught fish last night better than I have in months. OMG it was great. Can't wait to get out again this evening.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!

Big Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2013 :  2:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Winter came early and fast. Fished yesterday the air temp was 25 but the water temp is 47.6. The fish were not biting but it was better than sitting on the couch and doing nothing. I try to get out as much as possible as you never know when it will freeze up. I really think we are in for a long cold winter. Guys I know ice fishing has to be a good time but I have never really done it. Sitting in one of those shacks with a heater has to be a good time. It does get cold when it is cold and you want to cross the lake in a boat. Oh what us fisherman will do just to have a little fun!
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  09:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas Big Ed
SET THE HOOK!!!
Looking forward to your post in 2014

Put it on him and hurry the hammer down.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  4:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a little on the cool side but the lake is still ice free. The crappie bite is good once you find them. Looking with a side finder speeds things up for sure . If you don't see them don't fish there.Bass bite is good some days but good and slow others..... Water temp is in the upper 40s and the lake is clear.

Fishing you all a Merry Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  09:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year All! Finished the 2013 fishing season with a bang. Went yesterday for a couple of hours and caught a limit of big crappie and 4 keeper bass. Hope 2014 starts out good! Best to you all in 2014 !!!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  6:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's cold out there but the fish are biting. The water temp here today was in the upper 30s but the crappie didn't seem to mind. i caught a limit in about 2 hours of big old slabs. At first I caught them on a suspending jerk bait but when the action slowed I started to fish a jig. Good choice as I caught 9 real good ones on about a dozen cast. I was using a Bobby Garland Slab Slayer in Blue Ice. The seemed to like it about 12 feed deep in 25 foot of water over the top of a brush pile. All of the crappie were over 12 inches long and were fat as frogs. Only dumb move of the day was I threw them back in. Tomorrow will be eat fish day. The air temp was a balmy 34 and the lake is clear. We have ice about 2 inches thick in the backs of some of the coves but I was lucky to get my boat out to go.
Have a good day and I hope you all get a chance to go catch them.
Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lake Ozark is still frozen and this is the longest I have ever seen it froze. Not thick enough to got on it but it is hard all over. We have some good weather predicted next week so hopefully it will clear soon. Spring is just around the corner!
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2014 :  10:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big Ed...When one licks your bait are you sposed to push or pull? It has been so long I can't remember!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  6:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big Bill When in doubt yank it out.. Fishing here is good at all... especially for me it is hard to use a bass boat on frozen water. Oh well it wont be long spring is just a few short weeks away.

Good fishing all!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  09:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing is starting to pick up here at the lake. Some guys not this guy are catching crappie about as fast as you can reel them in. Now this is hear say but from some pretty good sources. However some fisherman lie terrible and I will leave it at that. Been catching some pretty good bass but you have to fish hard to do that too. Local tournament weights for 5 fish is close to 20 lbs. That is down from the normal but it will get better as the water warms more. Water temp is in the low 40s and the lake is clear.. If you got some time to sneak away for a little fishing do it the first few weeks of April i think you will get them.
Go to Top of Page

peabo
Advanced Member

3176 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  10:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liv2Fish

Fishing is starting to pick up here at the lake. Some guys not this guy are catching crappie about as fast as you can reel them in. Now this is hear say but from some pretty good sources. However some fisherman lie terrible and I will leave it at that. Been catching some pretty good bass but you have to fish hard to do that too. Local tournament weights for 5 fish is close to 20 lbs. That is down from the normal but it will get better as the water warms more. Water temp is in the low 40s and the lake is clear.. If you got some time to sneak away for a little fishing do it the first few weeks of April i think you will get them.

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see !!
NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  07:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone. The weather is finally starting to straighten out but it is windy . I have always said that wind is your friend but it is blowing the white off the whitecaps. Hopefully it will calms down and I can get out today. Love to load up and head south for a few days but time and money says noooooo gooooo . Oh well there is always another day!
Good Fishing!
Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2014 :  11:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flat smacked the crappie yesterday. It sure was a good time ended up bring home a dozen for the frying pan and I am sure that they will be tasty for sure. This is the best time and the only time that i ever catch fish but the super cold water makes those crappie really taste good.Nothing beats them that is for sure. Was going to go again today but a weather change hit and it is 30 and the wing is blowing about the same. I am tired of winter. it is going to be in the 70s this weekend so at least my people will have good weather.

Good fishing all!
Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  08:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing just about every day now that the weather is getting better. The crappie fishing has ben great but the bass fishing is the worst that I have ever seen it for spring. I have no idea why but I sure hope it changes quick. The water temp is in the low 50s now and the lake is clear.
Good fishing to all!
Big Ed

Hey anybody in the Kansas City area . Next week on the Outdoors guys radio show at 4pm Thursday I am taking Brian and Ken fishing and the radio show will be broadcast from my house. So listen in or call in and say hey.

Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  10:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Ed, Are you too busy setting the hook? Are you a lizard or a spinner bait? Orange belly Rogue? Hope you are tearing them up!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  9:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bigbill been fishing a lot but not catching them real good. It is the slowest that I have ever seen it here at the lake. I really don't know what to think about all of it as far as I am a big spinnerbait fan like those big blades and like to slow roll it. As far as Rogue I like a orange belly but I like a yellow top try to find those sometime. Have a great time I think I am going to drag a brush hog around tomorrow.

Have a good one Remember always take a kid fishng there will be a day when you wish he would take you!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2014 :  7:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing some big girls that are starting to bed. Been fishing lots and catching a few good ones but tons of dinks. For some reason the crappie bite is real hit and miss. you might go here there and everywhere catching one or two then all of sudden you catch a bunch The crappie have been really good size and quite tasty too.

Good fishing to all
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  08:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good start to a good morning now sitting waiting for the storm to pass. Something about lighting and fishing that really does not fit together.Started off real good caught a good one on a wacky worm and another one on a jig. Its the waiting part that bugs me. Have a great day and thanks all of the Vets for what you have done.

Good Fishing
Ed
Go to Top of Page

317wc
Cop Hating Trollete

850 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2014 :  4:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, thought I would pop in and say hello, the fishing forums have been dead lately. I've been out fishing here and there, just for relaxation. Been catching some nice bass, mostly 12-15", althought I have hooked a couple (landed one) around 5 pounds. I have a small secret spot on a local drinking water reservoir, it is a sort of crescent shaped cove, one end has a small stream coming into a shallower section of it, the other end of the cove is lined with a large underwater rock wall, between these two features is about 75 yards wide by about 50 deep, and overall depth is anywhere from 1-5". Also been catching a lot of bluegills, they are a lot of fun on lighter gear and it is nice to have something to fall back on when the bass fishing is slow. Been getting eaten alive by mosquitos and there has been a lot of control spraying lately to knock their numbers back down. Its been so hot here lately the fish are holding deep, I am going to go out for an hour to fish and pick up some trash, I should be able to get something, I have not hit the secret spot in a couple weeks so it should be game on, hope you guys are still slamming them. I have been doing well on the usual topwater gear but also good on the bluegills just jigging a small worm under a couple split-shot. It is simple fishing but sometimes, that's all I want. Also saw a friend of a friend land a 16" Brook trout, which is the PA state fish, and here, 16" is very good size.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2014 :  07:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well good morning world of fisherman.. Been without a computer for some time and working bunches. Fishing tons but it is really a different year at the Lake of the Ozarks. The bite has been totally different and the lake is the clearest I have ever seen. I have no idea but it is really strange. I hope everyone is having a great summer and catching a boat load of fish. Time to go to work Clinets just pulled into drive.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  1:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a while since i have posted here . I have had a super busy summer fishing and a home remodel projsct going at the same time. I just updated my website with some of the fish that has been caught this summer. I have lost some pictures somehow but here a few to take a look at. I have been catching most of the good fish in 15 to 25 foot of water. The fish have been hitting a shaker head and a worm.

Good Fishing
Ed
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  2:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing every day and the weather has been hot. Much hotter than the fishing action. i guess the dog days of summer are here. Deep water has been giving up a few good ones the past few days. Beats sitting in the house I guess..
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2014 :  09:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fishing has started to really pick uyp here at the lake. Been catching some really nice bass and lots of whites. Its almost like a fall pattern is getting underway a little early. Fishing this summer has not been great but just OK. The lake has been down and they have not been running mush water through the dam. when they generate the fish turn on really good. I hope everyone had a great summer and caught all the fish that they wanted.
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43742 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2014 :  02:24:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you had a good Summer too!

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2014 :  2:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big Ed, Are you wearing your "Rattle Traps" out? Post and tell us how you are!!!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  6:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing but not as much as usual. Guide trips have slowed down and I am doing a remodel on my house. Dang I hate to be laying floors when the fishing weather is still done. Trying to get some things caught up around here before I have my wrist worked on. Trying to have the lowest level on our side done before Thanksgiving. But I have still some good fishing few guide trips and deer season before then. The fish are starting to come shallow and I have been catching them on twitch baits and buzz baits.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  10:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. I ate so much they had to close down a grocery store. Not been fishing much but because of a hand issue but hope to make it out today to give it a try. The guide business is dead this time of the year and it is easy to do home projects rather than go out in the cold.Ed you lier you are to busy watching TV. Today I have cabin fever so out I go as soon as it gets 40 . Some big fish are being caught on spinnerbaits and buzz baits and of course the Rig but I think i will stick with my stick bait. The water is clear and in the low 50s. have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2015 :  4:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just typed a big old message and it erased it on me. OH WELL ! Hey take a kid fishing and have a great weekend. You need a break and the outdoors is where it is.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  12:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This year the fishing has been really weird here at the lake. Yesterday they bit pretty good in the afternoon but that has not been the case. The tournament weigh at has really slipped in fact this weekend it only took 18 pound and some change to win and a little over 10 to get a check. UNHEARD of here at the lake in mid March. One angler did hook a 3.74 pound Crappie while bass fishing. Thats a dandy in my book. Oh well going out today to try it again...... Terrible Life wonderful wife! good fishing everyone.

Big Ed
bigedsguideservice.com
Go to Top of Page

317wc
Cop Hating Trollete

850 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  5:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you are catching them, someone has to! Most of the lakes here are still frozen over. Creeks are raging with spring run-off, trout season opens on April 1 except for some special regulation streams. I have a new fly-rod I am going to try out this year.

Also, me and a buddy, went in together on an old fiberglass canoe. A Lenape Chief, about 15 feet. It has some cracks that will need to be repaired, then a good sanding and cleaning, new seats and braces, and it will be good to go. The seats that were on it when we got it, were old craptastic, scrounged plywood. Today I made the 2 braces, out of straight grained Douglas Fir. Turned out really nice and they look like a million bucks compared to what was there. $25 was too good of a price to pass up.

I agree, a 3.74 crappie would be a trophy fish all on its on.
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  1:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on Big Ed!! tell us about those spinner baits and "Rouges"

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  09:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of late the fish have been biting here at Beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. Really was stinkie for the first part of the year. Been catching them on a stick bait and a small shaky head. Did catch a good one on a wacky worm the other day. Been real busy guiding and home projects.

Water Temp upper 60s and the lake is gin clear.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  11:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crazy weekend here at the lake ! The first big boat weekend so that means no more smooth water. It was cool early but at least it wasn't raining. The fish are active and can be caught on a Spook and A shaker head. Everyone have a safe weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2015 :  10:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been slapping them here at the lake. With all of the rain they have been running lots of water through the dam and that turns them on like donkey kong. You can take a plastic worm hit the main lake points and have a blast. Good fishing to all.. Recently picked up a sponsor with Lews and they really have some fine products at a decent price. if any of you are Lake Link users please be sure to check me out I am one of there Pro Staff Writers. This site gives you fishing information for a lot of states and lakes. Tell them I sent you..

Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2015 :  08:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big Ed, I have loved Lews reels and "Speed Sticks" for a long time.
Is it the same product as when it was so popular in the '70's

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2015 :  2:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No they have really upgraded their product line . The old speed spool was a gem I had Two of them. They were stolen out of my boat along with a speed stick and countless other things several years back. Those seed spools were almost too smooth. The reels they have today are super lite and built strong. They also have a great bunch of rods also. Very happy with the rods that i have gotten so far good stuff for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  1:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More great days of fishing ! The amount of rain we are getting is forcing them to run water through the dam almost constantly. When the water is running the fish are biting. All you have to do is drag a shaker head or a big worm on the points and the rest will be history. However you need to know what points are the good ones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page