GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 The Fishing Hole!
 Lake Ozark Fishing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  5:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful day here at the lake!!!! I wish the fish would be a little more cooperative however. I caught one real nice one on a jerk bait but that was it. I must not be living right or something. I talked to several of my friends that are fishing a tournament tomorrow and nothing is working for them either.I am sure that someone will get them good. I say it will take a limit (5 Fish)that average 3 lbs or better to win and a 6 plus for big bass. I have not been fishing to much as I have been doing a little hunting. I leave next week for Tulsa for the Chili Bowl. Terrible habits I have fishing hunting and dirt track racing.
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  5:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How Many????

Put it on him and hurry the hammer down.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  1:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigbill0910

How Many????

A friend of mine won it. It took 5 fish with a total weight of 20.82 lbs to win and he also had big bass 6.85. That is not bad in the middle of the winter with the temp 27. $5000.00 payday.

After a week of racing it is good to be home. Going goose hunting in the morning and fishing in the afternoon.

Catch the racing (Chili Bowl) on Speed Feb. 14

Edited by - Liv2Fish on 01/30/2009 06:57:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  6:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lake has dropped about 6ft and the water is stained temp in the mid to upper 30s. Went out today for a couple of hours and caught 3 keepers on a suspending jerk bait. It was windy and it was hard to fish it properly. At least it was not cold probably in the low 60s. It is going to be a better day tomorrow and then get normal again. Oh well just about 6 more weeks and all will be good.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  5:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First time out for a few weeks and didn't get to fish long but the time spent was productive. I caught one about 4.5 lbs and a couple more around 2. Water temp around 40 clear and the lake is falling. Warm around 65 today but that is going to change tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  6:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wild day of fishing !!!!! I took my neighbor today and we probally caught 20 bass best 5 about 17 lbs. No real monsters but at least they were biting. Water temp was from 44 to 50.7. We caught the fish on jerk baits in water not much deeper than 5 feet in the back of a cove that the southern wind was blowing in. I also caught 3 crappie about 1.75 lbs each on the stick bait also. Things are looking up here at the lake.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a tough week of weather changes things are happening again. I took an old friend out today and we had 13 keeper bass the best 5 would of made 20 lbs easy. He caught his biggest bass ever and was more than happy.I bet by the time he gets home that fish will gain another couple of pounds. Caught all the fish today on a jerk bait except for 2 spinnerbait fish. Glad to see the spinnerbait fish as I am about burned out on jerk bait fishing. Water temp 51-53 caught the fish in less that 7 ft in the back of a cove.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  05:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went yesterday and caught a few good ones. I ended up losing my favorite jerk bait to a 5 lbr right at the boat. Then the blasted fish had the gall to jump at the boat and try to throw the bait. That was the second Mega Bass bait lost this week. Getting ready to leave for Dallas just a little over 500 miles seems like long day ahead of me. Going to the Devils Bowl speedway to watch the sprint car season opener.

On the road again I wish I had time to drag my boat as fishin by day racin by night would be great!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  8:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fished the past few days with little success which really suprised me. I did catch one big one today 7lb 3 oz off a secondary point on a Carolina rigged Lizard. We had one other keeper and 2 short fish. I think had we been fishing the rig earlier we would of done better. The water temp is in the low 50s and you can see around 3 feet. We are only a few weeks from great fishing however this weekend cold front will slow things down again.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  7:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tournament weights have been in the low to mid 20s for a 5 fish limit. Darn power trim went out on my boat so I have to take it to the shop to get it fixed. It has been super windy and one front chasing another but the reports have been real good. I hope to get on the water tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  09:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Easter Everyone!!!
I have not been able to fish the past few days and I am really feeling the effects. I had a friend call me and he caught lots of Crappie yesterday. Some friend didn't bring me a mess by or ask me to go. He was probably fishing one of those secert spots. The weather has been up and down and the fish are about the same one day chicken one day feathers. Next week things will probably go nuts but I don't care I will be sitting in the woods on Monday waiting on a Gobbler. I saw two big Gobblers by the house the other day. Does anyone know if it legal to hunt with a cross bow during gun season?

Anyone finding any mushrooms? I have heard of a few being found.

Catch Hogs
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  08:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wind has been terrible yesterday 25mph with big gusts. Did finally get to go fishing as my boat is finally back from the shop. I did catch some real nice bass yesterday with a 4 lb being my biggest. All of the fish were males the big girls are going to move up any day to spawn. We have had a real late spring and the water is just now getting into the high 50s. The spring fishing is going to be red hot and over in a real short time. Crappie are on the banks one day then the next out deep but the ones that are getting caught are really big. Next week should be great fishing so take off work and head to the lake. Tell them you have a doc appointment just don't tell them boat dock. Everyone have a safe trip down and make sure to Catch Hogs !!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  9:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After several days of high winds I was finally able to go out and enjoy some great fishing. The bite was on tonight. I caught fish everywhere I went and on everything that I threw except for a spinnerbait. It rained off and on all day and really poured on my way in. I waited just a few minutes to long to head for home.The bass all males it seemed are heading to the shallows getting things ready for the girls. I caught at least 20 bass 7 of which were keepers.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  08:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did not fish yesterday had to help the wife get ready for the weekend. I had a good day Thursday caught lots of Bass several keepers but still no hogs. I must be holding my mouth wrong or somthing. I am seeing lots of bass deep on beds but most look to be males. Water temp is in the low 60s now but it has rained about every day and the water has lots of leaves and junk floating in it. I like it when the wind blows in in pockets and the fish start holding under it. I had a Musky that looked to me about 35lbs charge out after a spinnerbait one day in the fall. Then do its thing and sit ther in the water looking up at you then slowly sink away. Musky sightings in this lake are very rare. I have only seen 3 in all of the 30 years that I have fished this lake.
Crappie fishing: My brother in law is down and has been catching them but not setting the world on fire.

Gone fishin!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  08:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday caught fish in the backs of coves on a pink bubble gum worm. I was fishing it wacky style pitching it under boat dock ramps. Biggest fish was I quess using the offical calibrated arm around 4.5 lbs. I am starting to see more and more beds. Friends tell me that they are catching fish on a rig on the secondary points. The fish have been moving in and out on that pattern for a few weeks now. I just talked to a couple of fisherman fishing my dock and they said today was slow. Makes sence I am on a straight chunk rock bank with water 20 ft under my dock. Commen mistake I see on this lake is that fisherman fish the bank to tight and actually have their boat almost sitting on top of the fish and the structure. Therefore they never are really fishing the structure. Hum makes you think. That is really more true most of the time other than the spring time.

Take a kid fishing and have the time of your life, OR someone like me that is a old man that likes to fish lots too.

Catch Hogs
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  07:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catching buck bass in the shallows and a few keepers (15" or bigger) Lots of fun action I probably caught at least 40-50 bass yesterday in the time I was out with 1 out of ten being a keeper.

Gone Fishin!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  08:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Wow is what I have to say about the fishing yesterday. I should of bought Power Ball tickets yestreday. I did not get to go out until 10:30am and what a day I had. The bass were on a Zara Spook big time. I am sure that it is the feed before the spawn and the moon will be right to send them to the beds this weekend. I caught at least 15 keepers and I have no idea how many shorts. There is nothing better to fish than a topwater bait. I fish the Zara lots and it is a great big fish bait. I caught 2 around 5 and several over 3 during mid day all you needed was a little shade or a tree hanging over a sea wall. What a great day! I was counting the minutes until today ready to go but I woke to SEVERE thunderstorms moving through the area. That sucks that will fix the fishing for a while.
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  09:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't the Zara Spook one of the "old timers" like a Creek Chub, Paw-Paw ect? They were good lures in their day and intrest got lost in the modern era. I have heard some storys about those big old wood baits!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  10:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you are correct old school fishing lure.I do have some of the old wooden ones I have them hanging in my lure collection. They have been making plactic ones for probably 30 years and the old standard colors seem to work the best for me. On a rainy cloudy day I like to throw the clear yellow on a sunny day the fruit jar. It is a hard lure to beat and always good when the time is right for a big fish. I have caught big Pike and Muskys in Canada on them. Them toothy critters bite holes in the plastic ones. When the ice is first out go to a shallow bay and fish a spook hang on a big northern will get it. Just don't yank until you feel the weigh of the fish. People tend to yank when you hear the splash and pull it away from the fish. Big Stripers and Bass in this area. You have to learn how to walk the dog.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  08:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing is ok but nothing really hot going on. You can catch lots of fish but big ones are hard to find. The Oak and Hickory trees are doing their bloom thing and covering everything with yellow pollen. Those P.I.A.blooms make top water fishing almost impossible also. Oh the problems of spring fishing. Been catching the bass on a speed worm a great bait made by Zoom. I can't wait to give them a try on those Smallmouth up north this year. I have a Canada trip schedule for mid July this year first trip up there for me in a few years. I can't wait to catch some of those long fish with TEETH. You know those big things that follow you to the boat and try to stare you down. I love catching Bass but there is something about catching those Musky that make me sit and smile.

Catch Hogs
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  6:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tell us about a speed worm! I know Speed Spools and Speed Sticks but I have never heard of a speed worm, sounds interesting!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  10:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speed worm is another great product made by ZOOM. It is a small paddle tail worm that can be fished many diffrent ways. I got smoked by a guy a couple of years ago and learned real quick that the worm is a good one. The little tail puts off vibrations as you pull it thru the water. I know that it can be rigged several diffrent ways but I personally like to Texas rig it using a 3 or 4 Gamakatsu wide gap worm hook.Gamakatsu wide gap worm hooks are by far the best hook on the market in my opinion. Yes they are a little expensive but they are super sharp and I have never had one break. I like the wide gap hook because they seem to penetrate better. You will need pliers to remove them from a fish most of the time. The string trick will help remove them from your hand also. Speaking from experience just last week. There are a million diffrent lures out there and they all seem to be good but confidence is the best lure in your tackle box. This little worm will catch all sizes of Bass and I bet all kinds too.

Good Fishin !!!
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  4:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You said the main word, CONFIDENCE. I have seen times I believe I could catch bass on a lit cigar! Other times I couldn't catch one with dynamite when someone in the boat with me was nailing them!
I went on a charter boat in the Chesapeake Bay last week and we caught 12 big ole stripers 36-42"(Here they call them Rock Fish).
You talk about no confidence! Trolling in the middle of the bay with big ole wire rigs that looked like umbrellas with Sassy Shads with no hooks and one long leader with a hugh jig-bucktail-sassy shad. They like it but is isn't like an alumacraft and a Arkansas Hog caller!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  7:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those Stripers know how to stretch your string. We do not have the pure Striper here at the lake we have Hybrids and Whites but I have caught them before. I caught them on a spook years ago and that was a blast. They were in this lake in the 70s but were only stocked for a few years and that was it. I think that at one time the Striper record for Missouri was held here but the state record hybrid @ 20.8 is currently held here at the lake. Records or not they are fun to catch!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  9:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 20# hybrid would be like setting the hook on a submarine. We had them for a few years in north Louisiana, lot of people didn't like them but I loved them. I had a couple of years chasing schools of White Bass also. They are great on the table. Lot of meat on a small fish. (Biggest Hybrid I ever caught was probably 3 or 4 pounds)

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  3:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

A 20# hybrid would be like setting the hook on a submarine. We had them for a few years in north Louisiana, lot of people didn't like them but I loved them. I had a couple of years chasing schools of White Bass also. They are great on the table. Lot of meat on a small fish. (Biggest Hybrid I ever caught was probably 3 or 4 pounds)

I have caught quite a few good ones my personal best was a 14 that I caught several years ago. The white bass fishing is hit and miss in the fall. In the cove I live in they sometimes get so thick that you look like you could walk on them. When they do get in here it usually last a few weeks and it sure is fun. The hybrids usually run with the whites and hang underneat them when they are schooling. Learn how to use your electronics and have a blast.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  08:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lake is real high and muddy. We have got almost 6 inches of rain in the past 24 hrs. This past weekend was to busy to go fishing however it would of probably been a waste of time. The lake this weekend was covered with every type of wave maker you could ever find. We have boats from wave runners to ocean going crafts everywhere. We have the lake to ourself for 9 months a year and then the monsters arrive. Years ago I would of been out there with the best of them. Now I hit the back porch with a barley pop and watch the people get beat to death.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  09:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did get out yesterday only to wish I had stayed at home. Oh the fish were biting pretty good. I caught a few on a spook then changed to a plastic worm. My neigbor had a better luck on a June bug with red flake worm than I. The water visibilty is about 1 foot or less. I should of stayed home because I got a telephone call just as I made a cast as soon as I answered I saw he line twitch of course you set the hook the phone goes flying makes one bounce on the boat deck then swims to the bottom of the lake. I have now put not 1 or 2 but 3 phones in the lake and they all sink the same. The fall out of sight fluttering back and forth like a leaf falling from a tree. Well back to the house only to hear you did what again and then off to the telephone store to spend some hard earned cash.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  09:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took some newly weds out last night. Lucky boy his wife is into the outdoors she likes to hunt and fish. Only thing she shot a bigger buck than he did last year and caught a bigger bass than he did last night. Can this cause conflict down the road? He was good with the "Good Cast Honey" and "That is a Great Fish" last night. Will he
keep this up is the question? I think he will and as well he should. They are a great couple and deserve to have a great long outdoor life. Thanks to this couple for allowing me to share this time with them.
Oh the fishing part. It was their first time fishing a plastic worm for bass. We fished a Zoom Junebug with red fleck 10 inch worm with. The bass were biting and hanging in the brush. The biggest problem is the Zebra mussels are covering the older brush and when you get a fish in the brush they tend to saw you off. With the water color we have the heavy line will have to come out and I will give them hell another day.

Good fishing
Catch Hogs
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  08:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been out the past couple of evenings and the fishing has been good. Fished a buzz bait last night with a little success. The fish seem to be holding on windy points. The worm bite was a little slower but the fish that we caught were good solid fish. The fish appear to be rebounding after the spawn. Probably caught a total of 15 bass 10 of which were keepers. Big boats are a pain and you got to love the jet skies tooooooo.

Good Fishin!
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
44419 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  7:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have not fished that lake since the 70's, before I left Missouri. Your posts bring back memories of some fine big crappie and tasty bluegill. Thanks for the memories! Maybe one day I will try it again. Nawww, who needs jetskis in the fishin' hole.

~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets Founding Member ~
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  08:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worm fishin is Hot! Hot! Hot! I took a guest out yesterday in the middle of the day and we caught 15 to 20 bass. Great fishing for this time of the year in my book. I guess I will have to be forced to go out again today.

HeDog there is still a bunch of monster Crappie in this lake I had someone catch one that would go over 2 lbs off the dock on a bass crankbait day before yesterday. I too fished this lake in the 70s that was the time when the lake had weed beds and no monster boats. Tooo bad the big boats did go away instead of the weed beds. Come go fishing sometime off season it is still peacefull Fall Spring Winter especially during the week.
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
44419 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  6:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might take you up on that some time. I kinda like deer hunting in Missouri, maybe I could come home with a cooler full of fish and venison! You say you are down around the dam? Used to play drums in a band in a club kinda down below the dam. forget the name of the club now, didn't get paid much, but got the use of a cabin and a boat while we were booked and we usually played a couple of weeks two or three times a summer. That was late 60's and sometimes the fishing was fine!

~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets Founding Member ~
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a young couple out tonight from Minnesota. They learned that you can catch a fish on a plastic worm. It is amazing how diffrent people fish. Nice couple he likes to fish and she wants him to do what makes him happy. Time will make things change I will bet you.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  09:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn just about to hot to go fishing but who can stand not to go. You can catch bass on the worm still. The lake is stained and wavy(thanks to all of the big boats out there) but you still can catch them. Big Crankbaits are working on the main lake. I guess I could now go ocean fishing I know how to ride the surf. No kidding weekends are now no fishing Tuesday Wednesday and Thursdays are the best days. Caught a few good ones the other evening 12 to 15 feet deep in brush on a worm.They have been running lots of water through the damn and this helps the crankbait bite on the main lake points. When you find them you can usually catch quite a few.

Have a good one good fishing
Count Down To Canada is On!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  2:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you going to post from Canada?

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  11:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Are you going to post from Canada?

Who know what will happen. I haven't got to go in several years because of our business and my wife tells me that I should not be going this year also. Sure going to miss her. Next year we are planning a mid Sept.trip. That way we can do a little hunting also I hope. Oh that sure going to miss her was just for that week you know my wife is great!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  08:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To busy to go fishing.The report is the fish are still biting. They are caching them on Crank baits (DD 22) on the main lake points and the 10 inch worm. The big boats have been out daily and the fishing is early or at night. Starting to prepare for my trip up north lots to do.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  08:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You got to go early or fishi the midnight shift now that summer is here. Still catching them on the worm and crankbait. Not real hrd to catch a limit. It takes about 15 lbs to win one of the weekly night tournaments now. The water has cleared up quite a bit. The blasted zebra mussels are the biggest pain and are keeping the bait companys in business. You have to constantly check your line and about one out of five hook sets you break off. 10" black blue fleck power worms or junebug seem to be the best for me. But what you have cofendience in works to.
Have a good one
Catch hogs
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  11:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SUCKS from me now!! I guess I am spoiled from Canada. I went out last night and got blanked. we had had a severe thunderstorm just before I went out maybe that was the reason. Trying again tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  10:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out tonight a great night to fish stayed out until 1am. Caught one good one and two dinks. Water temp 82.6 and the lake is pretty clear I don't understand why the slow bite. I am sure that it had to happen I just wonder what time it happened. Well I guess I will have to try something else next time.

Good Fishing
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  2:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Night fishing is fun. Hard to stay out in the middle of the night, but I never got up super early to catch the pre-dawn bite.
SET THE HOOK!!!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  09:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out last night and things are starting to change. We have had some super storms the past few days and lots of the big boats have been off the lake. Thank God! I fished a few big docks and caught 15 bass nothing really big but 3 keepers. Lots of fun. The big docks set in 40 to 50 foot of water and the bass are holding on the outside corners. They will hit a Chug Bug or a Pop R. I really enjoy catching them on top water no matter what size they are. This pattern will hold until the weather and water turns cold. I know I could swim a jig or fish a shallow running crankbait and have good success but I would rather catch them on the top anyday. Hope to go out in the early am tomorrow. State Fair today with the wife Just think Corn Dogs,Lemonade and sore feet, My wife doesn't know it but there is stock car races tonight SUPRISE!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  09:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Faihed this morning it was FOGGY. Caught 3 keepers and a few short fish. No real patter going this morning. Daught fish on a Pop R,Worm amd a crankbait. Biggest fish a 4# on a 10"powerworm in a brushpile. Not a bad morning. Starting to see some big schools of shad.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  12:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dock pattern getting better by the day. I fished them the mid day and had to fish a weightless Senko instead of a topwater bait. The fish are there but they move with the wind. They are located some days on the front of the docks others on the back of the docks.
I have a friend that has been catching crappie off of boat docks that are in real deep water. The fish are stacked up on hanging brush in 15ft of water over 60 to 90 ft of water. He has been catching limits of crappie 10" to 13" great eaters ever day he is able to go.
Water temp here is 78-80 and the water is pretty clear. After next weekend things will really start to slow down here. NFT (No Fricken Tourist) day is next Tuesday for the locals but I hate to see them go. We stay pretty busy until mid Nov. Thats good for me as that is good fishing and good hunting time. Got several fishing trips lined up for the fall looking forward to that. I have been thinking about loading the boat this fall one day and go about 50 miles from here to another lake to Musky fish a day or two. That will probably never happen but good in thought.

Life is good when you live at the lake.
Catch Hogs
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  06:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lake is finally back in the hands of the sportsman. The days of the monster boats are pretty well gone for the year. Weekends will still be a little rough especially on Saturday but then just a few a day rather than a fleet will be out. I am glad that my boat dock made it through the weekend. I have some minor repairs that will have to be made. The next few weeks the shad will really start to move to the coves and that is when things will really start to happen.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  12:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got in caught a bunch of fish this morning. We had some action on the big docks chug bug. The best fishing was on a 10 inch worm if 15 ft of water back in the coves a little. biggest fish today was a good solid 4 but I had one up to the boat much bigger and as usual the bigger one got away. Best 5 today would of went 13 maybe 14 not a winner but we would of got a check maybe. Hey got to go fishing anyway.

Catch Hogs
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  9:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out tonight and it SUCKED.
That is all I got to say about that!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  9:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should have used a "Frog colored Mo-Jammer"You will set the hook tomorrow!

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  6:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing was tough for me today. We has about 20MPH winds and the fish were holding next to the docks. The poor guy that I had with me had a hard time casting and could not get his bait close enough to catch them. There was just no where to get out of the wind today so it was a long day for him. I ended up with 4 keepers and a few short fish but nothing to write home about. I really did try hard to get him to catch them it just didn't work out. Big fish seem to be hiding from me but things will only get better. Hey a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page