GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 The Fishing Hole!
 Lake Ozark Fishing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  08:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry also that we were not able to get together bruno. Things were just too far apart for the time allowed to go. We will get together I promise. A 15 mile boat ride each way in 3 ft waves for some reason just didn't sound to good to me for the couple of hours that we were going to be able to fish.
Glad to hear that you were able to catch some fish off the dock. I went after work and caught some nice bass and a real nice walleye only the second one of those that I have caught here at the lake. It sure was tasty too. I ran some banks looking for some spawners and never saw a one . The weather fronts and the colder water temps are really goofing with the spawn. I caught the fish yesterday on a shakey head worm and a Red Eye shad on a windy point. I caught the Walleye on a fluke cast on a windy point in an out of control wind blown boat on the red eye also.

Got to work today bummer as you know it but have got to do something to support the habit.I put in 165.00 of gas in the boat and another 50 in oil. The oil will last a couple of weeks but the gas goes real fast. I have been using the trolling motor more and I really don't venture far from the house anymore.

Have fun fishing!
324/677
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  06:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been seeing some beding fish but they are not of any size. I caught several fish yesterday and their tails are half gone. The fish are hitting several diffrent lures and with all about the same. Yesterday I went out around 6am and by 8:30 had caught 7 keepers all of them on a pink bubble gum worm rigged wacky weightless style fished behind the boat docks. I caught several bass on a texas rigged lizard. The afternoon bite was the same except they really liked as shakey head better than lizard. I am fishing a Zoom speed worm on the shakey head and they seem to perfer the green pumpkin with a dipped tail.
Crappie: caught a few on a horse head jig but really didn't fish for them much. I wish I would of as Crappie filets would of been better than left over ham sandwich.

Good fishin
343/658
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  07:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is on like Donkey Kong. the fishing here at the lake is RED HOT The fish are not monsters but you can catch all you want.Been catching the bass on the wackey worm real good and the crappie are on the banks just waiting to hit a jig.

Fishing hot work not but i got to go to work !
Good Fishing
380/621
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  2:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out at 8am back at 11am caught 20 bass 7 were keepers not a bad day. Of course every day is a good day when you get to go fishing. The water temp has gotten to the upper 60s and the fish are really up and moving.
Have a good day

Hope to be half way ther by the end of the week.
400/601

Going samon fishing in in Lake Michigan this weekend never done it before but it should be a good time.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  11:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good mornng took a friend out and wacked the bass. We had 14 keepers in 3 hours and then the sun started shining. The fish shut off like a light switch. we are going to fish a tournament this evening if the weather holds. They are predicting thunderstorms with the possibilty of large hail. If that is the case I think I will fish from the recliner. Rain Rain go away. Caught the fish on a Zara Spook and the bubble gum worm.
423/578
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  12:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing like the weather has cooled off. We have had cool rain and lots of it. The lake is on the rise and the water looks good but the water temp has dropped about 7 degres. I have been fishing but bigger fish are hard to find for me. Fished a tournament last Thursday and got I have never fished in such a storm. The tournament started at 6:30 and at 6:25 a storm hit that never let up. High winds lighting hail we had it all. We got to fish about 15 min in the 3.5 hour tournament . It was raining so hard that the automatic bilge ran constantly. We tried and you could not even tell when you got a bite. The front turned the fish off the lighting drove the fish deeper IT was horrible. It was the first tournament that I have fished in a long time and I really did not fish it. Going to give it a try this Thursday night.
Was going to go to lake Michigan this past weekend Salmon fishing and the trip got canceled by the guide because of the weather forcast for the weekend.
Went fishing this morning awe had sunny brite skies and the fish were not in a eating mood. Maybe this afternoon will be better.

Good Fishing
452/549
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  06:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where have all of the ladies gone. Catching lots of male bass but the jumbo females are no where to be found. Caught 27 bass yesterday and had 11 keepers. I caught most of the fish on a buble gum wacky worm and a jig caught the others.
Crappie fishing has slowed. Guys are still catching them but it is not on fire like it was earlier.

Water temp 63 to 67
Clear in some arms and stained in others. Lots of floating stuff in the water as the lake is on the rise.

Good Fishin
479/522
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  06:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing lots and catching them real good. Not woppers but some real nice fish. The fish are hitting a bunch of diffrent lures using several diffrent methids. It is almost like trying not to catch one. Last night we caught them on Zara Spook , Chug Bug, Speed Worm,wacky Worm, Spinner Bait and a Crankbait. The fish are on the move. I caught a few chasing shad last night and that is some thing good to see.
Have not been crappie fishing but the real easy spawning fishing is over for them. They are starting to move under the docks and the deeper brush.
Heart goes out to all of the people in the Joplin Mo area that was hit by that terible storm Sunday night. I know some great fisherman from that area and have not heard how they are doing. We have had lots of terrible storms this year as weel Not good Keep your eye on the sky.
Good Fishing
547/454
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  06:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it is offical all of the #$%@! have decended on Lake of the Ozarks. The lake will be waave city for the next few months. For the next month during the week won't be too bad but weekends are out of sight. You have to go real early or fish real late. Fishing has been tough for me this week no the fish weren't biting it was a thing called work that caused my problems.
Bass are biting a little bit of anything but the bigger fish are far and few between. You can catch them on a spook, carolina rigged baby brush hog so that covers it top to bottom. The water is stained someplaces clear in others. Water temp is in the mid 60s
Crappie have moved out and can be caught but the size seems to be an issue.
Have a great holiday weekend burning daylight go to go for an hour or so before the big boats get on the move.
561/440
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2011 :  10:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing when I can the past few days and catching them pretty good. The fish are relating to the points and can be caught on a carolina rigged baby brush hog. Some points are holding good fish some are holding dinks it seems. The ones that have good fish are not any diffrent but they are holding fewer fish. The ones that have dinks are loaded up with fish. Sure wish it was the other way around. The water temp is in the high 60s and the water is clear to stained. No report on crappie as I have not even give a try. Fishing this time of the year is hit and miss because of the boat traffic.
Have a great time on the water be careful
588/413
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  09:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fish are winning caught 9 this morning and one reall good one. Fish have moved and it took a little while to find them. Still eating the same bait. Did see some chacing shad this morning.. Wife has many jobs for me t o do so I better get busy.
597/304
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  11:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been catching them real good but most of them are small. The fish like a baby brush hog but I am sure that you can catch them on many other baits. You just have to be at the right place at the right time. It has gotten super hot here and the water temp is now in the middle 70s
Crappie fishing is not real good from what I have heard I think that they hsvr move out and suspended. That makes them hard to catch.

Catch a big one
649/452
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  11:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing has been pretty good and the catching has also.. Been catching the fish on points on a big jig. Zara spook has been pretty good in the mornings and in the evenings on bluff banks. Caught a few heavy weights but most are small. Water temp in the 80s and the water color is 4 to 5 ft vis. Big boat and Jet Ski season opens this weekend no limit fun to shoot tough to eat..
Have a great day...
696/305
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a gentleman out this morning and taught him how to use a baitcaster. I know that he made about 100 cast and never made a big backlash. What a deal and the wind was even blowing.... We fished for 4 hours and caught about 20 bass none of them set the world on fire but we had several quality fish. Caught all of the bass today on a worm and most of them was on a watermelon seed speed worm. Did see some gents catching some crappie but the most of them were very small.

Gone fishing you should too
729/282
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  7:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been catching them on top water pretty good in the mornings and evening.There is really not a more fun way to catch a bass. Size wise not any jumbos but we are catching a fair amount of keepers.My wife tells me size doesn't matter anyway wwell that is what she says. Getting ready to go out now hope to catch one that makes the lake go down when I take him out of the water.

have fun at your job not everyone has one
749/250
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  12:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waiting for my son to come to go wet a line. starting to catch bass in brush piles on a 10in worm.
water temp high 70s and th e lake is pretty clear biggest problem is the big boats.
758/243
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  09:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone. Already back from my morning fishing . That must tell you how good it really was. Actually I caught a few on a shakey head but the big boys are not biting for me today. we had a big storm last night lighting city and I am sure that has give them shell shock. Water temp is in the low 80s and the lake has a weird brown tent to it but clear. Lat night the fish were on bluff ends on jugs this morning they are scattered. Crappie fishing is slow acorrind to my scorse even on minnows and the ones they are catching it takes about 5 before you get a keeper.
I am getting ready to launch a fishing Tumbler and I hope all of you will come over to that see for the dailey read.
Have a great day!
763/248
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  07:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing a little and catching a few. Trim relay went out on my big motor leaving me with me with only my trusty Minn Kota 4 miles from home. It took a while to make the trip as I fished on the way. I caught a couple of real good ones and several shorts. Did motor repair yesterday and ready to go later today. If this ever happens to you fix it yourself nothing to it. What happens is one or the other relay goes out. If it is the one that controls down not so bad.You can make it home. If it is the up one not good because your motor trims all the way up and there is nothing to get it back down. Prop out of the water no movement.They go out with no warning .All of a sudden the trim starts and there is no stopping it. This could be super bad if you were running really hard when it happened. This could cause high speed blow out and diaster could follow.
Be careful out there
775/226
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  07:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good night of fishing laast night. At first it really sucked then we moved to a diffrent point and bingo. I fihed a one ounce jig with a yum big dad trailer. This thing is about the size of lobster.
leaving for work have a great day.
788/213
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2011 :  12:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Caught 3 keepers on a big jig this morning. When the big boats woke up it was all over.
791/210
Go to Top of Page

cman

284 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow i don't believe you're still talking
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  6:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing a little but not really catching them to good. I have been fishing some new places and they simply not working out for me. The fish are shell shocked from all of the big boats that are on the move. I hope they have a good time.

Water temp 85 and clear
806/195
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  6:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cman

wow i don't believe you're still talking

Yep and still fishing almost every day. Twice once in the morning and then in the evening.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  5:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing a little and had a little bit of good forturn. The big boats and the jet skies have been thicker than flies on a horses a$$ during fly time. It is hard to really describle how bad they really are. Of course being a fisherman one is expected to dislike anything other than a fishing vessel. No they really have there place as much as the fisherman they just need to have a little commen sense. The water temp is in the mid 80s and the lake has a slight green tinge to it. The fishing is spotty when you catch one you usually can catch a couple. Brush piles seem to be the ticket but I did real well on a bluff bank that had a rock slide on it. I did catch what I call a jumbo this morning on a 10 inch worm. Using the calabrated arm method I say it was real close to being a 5 pounder. It was a real fighter and was full of shad. It let a few of them fly when it got into the boat . If you have not had that happen to you that is a real smelly treat. Crappie fishing is not happening at all as far as I know.
Have a good one go fishing
823/178
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  1:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't get to go early today but I did get to go this morning for a little bit. The lake was quiet because it was raining and the fish were biting pretty good. Caught a half dozen bass in a little over an hour all on a worm. The fish are on the drop offs along the bluff banks. The rain stoped and like majic the boats were there. Hope it rains this evening the fish don't seem to mind.
Good fishing to all
829/171
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  11:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yyesterday and today I think somebody turned the switch off. You can catch fish but you really have to work for them. The fish when they eat are bitting a big worm. Water temp is in the mid 80s an the lake is pretty clear with a slight green cast to it.
Have a good day
842/159
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  07:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Early and late is about the only ticket. Went early yesterday morning and caught 2 good ones and several dinks. Bluff bank rock slides seemed to the ticket. I did catch a few on a crankbait on points over brush but they were the smaller fish.

Good Fishing
851/150
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  09:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weathers hot fishing not. Went out last night and caught a couple of good ones and several dinks. The catcing was not real bad but it was miserable out on the lake. I know that I had to of sweated a gallon no breeze no air it was just real hot and humid. I should of fished longer last night as the morning bite today was terrible. The dog days are upon us. I wish I could go north but that is not in the cards..
In the process of getting a new boat and hope to finish that deal next week. I just hate to get into the payment plan again. Some of the things you just have got to do. Anyone got a crystal ball to predict the eccmeny for me. I would really like to know.

Go fish
857/144
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  3:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Night before last I nailed them I caught 9 keepers in about 2 hours. Last night I caught 3 dinks doing the same thing but in a diffrent place. Both were brush piles one was better than the other. Both were is a similar location. Who knows Water temp is in the 90s and it is hotter than hot.
869/132
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  2:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been gone for a week and no fishing. I will cure that problem tomorrow morning for sure. You don't really know how much you miss something until its gone.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  09:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out tis morning before it got to hot les and caught it is going to get above a hundred today. Caught fish couple chasing shad pretty good on a Zara Spook until the sun started coming up. Most were dinks but fun to catch. Move to some deeper brush and caught a few better ones on a 10 inch worm. I think I will spend the rest of the day laying on the couch letting my wife fan me with palm leaves and feeding me grapes. Do you think that will really happen?
887/114
Go to Top of Page

NeoBlackdog
Advanced Member

USA
9893 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  3:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liv2Fish

Went out tis morning before it got to hot les and caught it is going to get above a hundred today. Caught fish couple chasing shad pretty good on a Zara Spook until the sun started coming up. Most were dinks but fun to catch. Move to some deeper brush and caught a few better ones on a 10 inch worm. I think I will spend the rest of the day laying on the couch letting my wife fan me with palm leaves and feeding me grapes. Do you think that will really happen?
887/114

Good luck with that!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  09:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing a little and catching a few bass. The fish I have been catching are good quality bass but the bite has been slow. The fish are on brush and you really have to work it slow. I took two gentleman out Saturday morning and they had four keepers. One was a good four and a half maybe five. That made a good day out of somthing that I was just hoping to get a bite. This time of the year when the water gets in the 90s you just never know whst might happen. Starting to see shad schools forming on the top so with all of that food the fishing will get really tough until they start chasing them better.
Looking forward to a vist from my son this week hopefully we will be able to atch some fish.
899/102
Good fishing
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  09:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Caught them pretty good last night but this morning was pretty slow. We caught then chasing shad in the back of a cove that has a little running water. The bass were not big but we had several keepers on a Red Eye Shad. The weather today is great and the water temp has dropped to the mid 80s. The lake is quiet again as the kids have started back to school. This is normal this time of the year we will have one more blast for Labor Day and then it is weekends only until it gets cold.
Have a great time fishing come to the lake.
918/83
Go to Top of Page

fishkiller41
Advanced Member

USA
46981 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  03:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see the trilogy still continuing Ed...Hope y'all are gettin enough rain to keep the crappy happy...
I ain't checked in at the hole in a while,hope alls well w/yo and yours..

Edited by - fishkiller41 on 08/10/2011 03:18:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  11:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fishkiller41

Good to see the trilogy still continuing Ed...Hope y'all are gettin enough rain to keep the crappy happy...
I ain't checked in at the hole in a while,hope alls well w/yo and yours..

Thanks for the reply Been fishing pretty much as usual. We have more rain coming today at least the temps are better. Went out this morning and caught 4 keepers in about an hour. We have cloud cover with a front moving in. I thought the fish would be scattered but they are tight to the brush. Go fiqure! This time of the year any fish is a good fish.

Catch Hogs
923/88
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  11:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fished last night and this morning.My son went last night and we caught a few but the bite was slow. This morning he had sink A$$ and didn't want to get out of bed. I stuggled at first but made the call.The fishing was slow early and then around 7:30 I found some fish chasing shad. I even caught a Walleye and odd fish for me here at the lake.This is only the third one that I have caught. Good eating size and yes he is in the cooler. Next stop the frying pan.
Good Fishing
934/66
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  07:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good fishing last night. the weather was super cooler with a little breeze. The fishing wasn't bad either no big fish but several fish. We caught them in the back of the cove chasing shad. The action can be fast and furious and then it can stop as fast as it starts.
The water temp has dropped almost ten degrees in the past week that helps.
Good time
941/60
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  06:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am excited this morning. I am going fishing and feel like a kid at Christmas. I have been out of town for several days and it is good to be back at the lake. I sure that fishing will not be red hot but one never knows.
Have a good day
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  06:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good day on the lake yesterday. Didn't catch any big fish but I caught 26 bass. My son says if they got fins and swim they are worth catching. The small fish are chasing shad and the big fish are I have no idea.
Water tem is in the low to mid 80s the lake is high and clear. Thank god the kids are back in school as the lake traffic has really dropped. Look out on the weekends as they are still busy.

Getting new boat next week I hope starting to get excited about that. It will be sad to see the Gambler go.

967/34
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  6:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
went out this morning as usual and caught some bass on dock corners. Fishing is not the best or should I say catching is not the best. It was the nicest morning that we have had in a while. The water temp is in the low 80s and the water is clear. They have been making power so the lake is on the fall. It has dropped around 6 inches in the past few days.
Have a great day
974/27
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  12:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did it! I did it! Bass number 1001 hit the worm this morning. Time to have a cold one. Have a great day.
1001 / 0000000000000000
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  09:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a person out Saturday and we had a decent day despite the weather. we had 4 keepers and several short fish. We cazught fish in a brush pile to start. The fish were really there but we could not get them to eat our worms. Tried several diffrent things but could not get them to fire up really good. we tried several diffrent types of things and would catch one here and there. The cooler weather will change things a little and we are just weeks away from the start of something good. Today is the end of summer the way the tourist look at it during the week. Once again the lake will be pretty quiet except for the weekends. Oh for the days of running the main channel without getting beat to death.
1023/477
Go to Top of Page

edgecam

USA
2379 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  12:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on reaching 1001 bass. I enjoy reading about your adventure fishing, keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  06:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks looking at 1500 now. Going to be tough but the fall fishing can be really good. I know that I could do it if white bass counted. I really can't fish anymore because my wife says I fish all the time already. I have her thinking that i am looking for fish for clients. But that is my fishing time as my client time is their fishing time I don't fish much when I have a guide trip.
Heading out this morning to pick up new diffrent boat I hope that it has the good luck feature built in as it has everything else. May the Gambler RIP. I will have to say when I put it on the lift last night I got a little choked up. I hope this new boat is half as good as the Gambler was.
1041/459

quote:
Originally posted by edgecam

Congrats on reaching 1001 bass. I enjoy reading about your adventure fishing, keep up the good work.

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  11:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Made it back to the lake it seemed like i was gone forever. The weather has changed the past few weeks and the water temp is now in the upper 70s. The fish are scattered and not biting really very good for me anyway. Fished Table rock yesterday moprning and caught 5 Smallmouth on a shakey head they fight really good. went fishing here this morning and caught 8 largemouth on a spook and a jig. Got the new boat and chomping to get it wet. It is loaded with hight teck electronics and it will take me forever to learn how to ust them.
Have a great day
1054/446
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  06:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slow is not a real good word but you have to really fish hard to catch a good one. Lots of little shad chasers buit the bigger fish are just plain hard to find. I think the full moon is affecting the bite during the day also.
Fishing out of a difrent boat now and it is going to take a while to get use to it. The electronics can do wonders if you already know how to use them. I will get it but it will take a while to figure it out.
Fishing like I said is tough but you can catch Crappie under the big docks in 15 to 25 foot of water. The bass are the same way hiding under docks pitching a jig or a worm will get you bit but you will get lots of small fish hits while doing that. Did catch some white bass yesterday morning chasing shad that is always fun.

Have a great day go fishing when and ever chance you have
1076/424
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  06:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of fish but not a bunch of big ones is the story here at Lake of the Ozarks. I took out a guy yesterday and we fished real hard and had 5 keepers with the biggest one close to 5. Big fish are real hard to find. There is a big tournament in town and I had dinner last night with some of the guys fishing it. They all had a real slow day of practice. Cool front and mile hight skies was the reason for the fishing to be so tough.Hope to have a better day today.
1103/397
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  7:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a real bad day of fishing today. Rained off and on all day long just got wet coming in. Caught a bunch of fish but most were short only had two keepers all day long. Have a great weekend.
1118/382
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  06:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rained off and on almost all day . i didn't get to go out until 12;30 and as soon as I got out it started to pour. I fished a couple of spots and hauled nothing nut water. Left ther and went to a cove ythat had wind blowing in it and caught 4 keepers real quick. When it stopped raining the bigger fish quit biting. The fish are suspended under boat docks. Water temp is in the mid 70s now and the lake is clear. We have had several days of cloud cover and the shad have gone deep. This has caused the bass to relocate and suspend. I have not seen any bass chasing in the past few days. Need a warm sunny light wind day to get things fired up again.
Maybe today will be the day!!!!!
Gone Fishing
1137/363
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page