GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Western Auto "Revelation" Rifle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WA4AQW
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  01:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have inherited a Western Auto .22 bolt action rifle with tubular magazine. The following is stamped on the left side of the barrel:

Revelation Model 110 Cal. 22 S-L-LR
Western Auto Supply Co.

There is no visible serial number on either the barrel or receiver.

Since Western Auto went out of business a number of years ago I have been unable to find any reference or data about this rifle. I would really appreciate any information including the actual manufacturer, approximate date of manufacture, and where I might be able to find a manual or brochure with disassembly/assembly instructions.

SuburbanNoize
Advanced Member

Botswana
6585 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  01:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this on WikiAnswers, not your exact model but might help lead you in the right direction.

Who manufactured the Revelation model R107A and what is its value?

Answer
the rifle was made by western auto its value im sorry i dont know

Answer
Sold by Western Auto, but probably made by Mossberg or Savage.

Answer
The rifle was mfg'ed for Western Auto Co. by Mossberg and is a variation of the model 640K / 640K-S whick is a variation of the 620K ... Mfg'ed 1959 / 1984 ...Value, depending on condition to $150/$175
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15836 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  02:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Gun Parts Corp. crossover list identifies your rifle as being made by Marlin, for Western Auto. It's Marlin's Model 81. Age wise it could date from the late 30's to the post World War II era. As manufactures weren't legally required to serialize long guns until 1968, it's hard to come up with a specific DOM for firearms made before this date.

J.B. Wood in his firearms assembly/disassembly book covering rimfire rifles, has a chapter covering Marlin Model 80's. This is similar to your rifle, except it's magazine fed.

Go to Top of Page

Fatstrat
Advanced Member

8316 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  3:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Disassembly/reassembly of most .22 bolt action rifles is usually very simple. Unless you want to disassemble the bolt.
Basically to remove the bolt from the action, you open the bolt and pull it to the rear while at the same time pulling the trigger.
Then loosen (you usually do not need to remove) the action screw on the bottom mid section of the stock (not trigger guards screws).
The barreled action should then lift out of the stock. You might have to bump the barrel just forward of the stock, sharply in an upward direction w/the palm of your hand to break it loose.
This should be all that is required for routine inspection & cleaniing.
I don't own a Marlin 81, but if you jump over to the Rimfirecentral.com Marlin forum, I'm sure you'll find someone who does that can give exact details. Marlin also has 2 collector websites where info can be found.

I walk away from auto-flush toilets like movie stars walk away from explosions.....

Edited by - Fatstrat on 02/12/2008 3:44:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page