Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines Message Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

 All Forums Message Forums
 General Discussion
 My New License In Mail Today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Advanced Member

Equatorial Guinea
22438 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  12:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got my new drivers license in the mail today and my motorcycle endorsement on the back says.

3-any two wheeled motorcycle only

Now what other kinds of motorcycles are there?

Edited by - MVP on 02/23/2008 12:04:05 AM


840 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  12:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe there is a separate endorsement for sidecars. I guess trikes as well. Your state govt. needs your money for that extra endorsement. Don't make them beg.
Go to Top of Page

Advanced Member

2535 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  02:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.
Go to Top of Page

Advanced Member

22378 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  02:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wisconsin gives you another letter in your vehicle class area for motorcycles. The "Endorsement" section is for CDL holders. With my license, I can drive anything on 2 or 3 wheels.
Go to Top of Page

Advanced Member

9445 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  03:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does it have an RFID chip?

It is up to REAL ID standards?

"Excuses are just lies we tell ourselves."
Go to Top of Page

Advanced Member

Equatorial Guinea
22438 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  12:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot about side cars and I would consider them a motorcycle but I don't consider a trike a motorcycle and can't see why they would need a special endorsement to ride a trike.

There are no chips in our licenses yet.

Go to Top of Page

Senior Member

1404 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  2:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Colorado, trikes are considered motorcycles, at least by the DMV. They give me motorcycle plates every year when I renew them.
Go to Top of Page


26702 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  3:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are motorcycles not concidered MOTOR VEHICLES?. Mine says right on it VEHICLE NUMBER..And my drivers license says Motor Vehicle License..

Go to Top of Page

Senior Member

1030 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  5:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following cut and pasted from DOL's website. When I got my endorsement, which is grandfathered in for unlimited size, I took the test on a borrowed Honda 125. There are now 3 separate size endorsements. I just checked the back of my license and it does state 2-wheel only.

"Sidecars and trikes

If you ride a trike or a motorcycle with a sidecar, you must get a special motorcycle endorsement. There are two ways to get a sidecar/trike endorsement:

* If you don't take an approved rider course, you must:
o pass the sidecar/trike knowledge test to get an instruction permit. (This test is different than the test for 2-wheel motorcycles.)
o pass the sidecar/trike riding test.
* If you complete and pass an approved rider course at a sidecar/trike training school, bring your completion card to any driver licensing office within 180 days to have the knowledge and riding tests waived.

Riders under 18

If you are under 18 years of age, you MUST satisfactorily complete an approved rider course before you can apply for a motorcycle endorsement. You must have parental permission to take the course, and to apply for the endorsement.
Motorcycle instruction permits
How to get a permit

To apply for the motorcycle instruction permit, you must:

* be at least 16 years of age.
* have a valid Washington State driver license.
* pass a knowledge test on motorcycle operation.
* if under 18 years of age, have a parent in attendance to sign the consent form.

Rules for riding with a permit

While riding with an instruction permit on a public roadway:

* you may not carry passengers.
* you may not ride a motorcycle during the hours of darkness.

testing appointments

You may take the knowledge test at any driver licensing office. Riding test locations will vary, depending on the licensing office.

* You do not need an appointment to take a knowledge test for an instruction permit.
* Knowledge testing is discontinued 30 minutes before the close of business in each licensing office.
* You will need to schedule an appointment to take a riding test to get a motorcycle or trike endorsement. Riding tests are given on different days of the week depending upon the licensing office. Please see testing times and locations or contact your local driver licensing office for available riding test dates and times.


* Application fee: $5.
This fee must be paid before you take the knowledge test.
* Motorcycle endorsement: $25.
This includes the $5 application fee paid when taking the knowledge test, a $10 fee to create the license, and a $10 motorcycle endorsement fee.
* Renewal of a motorcycle endorsement: $25.
This is paid in addition to the regular driver license renewal fee.

Vehicle impound law

By law, your motorcycle may be impounded if you operate it without the proper endorsement.
Related laws

* RCW 46.20.500: Motorcycle Endorsement Exceptions
* RCW 46.20.505: Endorsement fees, amount and distribution
* RCW 46.20.510: Motorcycle Instruction Permit
* RCW 46.20.515: Motorcycle Skills testing
* RCW 46.04.330: Motorcycle Definition "

My last renewal was $50, good for 5 years, including mototcycle.

Edited by - Brian98579 on 02/23/2008 6:31:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06

Visit at:
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the site's User Agreement
Site Map