GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 "Mikros" French made .22 pistol
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MOONED

USA
789 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  7:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently acquired a French made pistol and the manufacturer is Mikros. It was originally purchased in Europe and the receipt, box, shipping information as well as some type of a French document (possibly to ship out of country) was with it.

I'm just looking for anyone to tell me what they may know on this item. It's a small pistol. Similar in size to a Baby Browning, with a six (I think) round magazine. The condition should rate at about 95%, and as I mentioned above, the original receipt & box are with the pistol. By the way, the receipt is marked "U.S. Navy", and the original owner was stationed overseas when purchased.

MOONED

USA
789 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  7:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention that the gun was manufactured around 1967 or 1968. The receipt is from 1968.
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15890 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  7:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mikros is the Model name of the pistol. It was made by a French company, Known as "Unique"= Manufacturer D'Armes Des Pyrnees.

To the best of my knowledge Unique has been out of business, for a number of years. Over the many years they were in business, they made many different types of handguns. Numbers were sold in the States by different importers/distributors. I don't know if the Mikros was one of them though?
Go to Top of Page

perry shooter
Advanced Member

14058 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  7:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello UNIQUE made an unusual designed Target Pistol in 22 Rimfire int the late 70's early 80's that had the rear sight behind the hammer It was high quality and shot very good groups.
Go to Top of Page

MOONED

USA
789 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  8:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for your replies. The gun pictured is the same one I have. Is there any value to these or are they simply relics?
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15890 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  8:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Generally the standard type Unique pistols, not the high end target versions, aren't high dollar items. If yours is NIB with the noted paperwork? It might have some collector demand/value. Perhaps in the $150-$300 range, to the proverbial right person. A pistol chambered for the .22 short cartridge, is not usually a easy item to sell.

Go to Top of Page

Bill DeShivs

USA
1097 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  03:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Mikros'. I would like to have one.

Bill DeShivs

Edited by - Bill DeShivs on 03/27/2008 1:51:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page