GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Mossberg 26C
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirty-dink
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  09:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm restoring a Mossberg 26C single shot .22 lr and need parts A complete bolt and related parts even a exploded parts list will help anyone with any helpfull info.???? please contact me at steven0241@msn.com

steven Dinkfeld

Mossbergboogie
Advanced Member

USA
12843 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  12:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Havlin Sales http://www.havlinsales.com/

"There are few people who are more often in the wrong than those who cannot endure to be so." Francois De La Rochefoucauld

I know who I am and who I was. Who I am is always better than who I was.

"In a world where our [political] choices are limited to John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi, the survivors envy the dead," matt welch and nick gillespie The Declaration of Independants
Go to Top of Page

Fatstrat
Advanced Member

8317 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  4:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to the Rimfirecentral.com Mossberg forum. Alot of Mossberg .22 fanatics there. Plus several helpfull links to info websites.
Some of those old, only made for a year or two rifle parts can be TOUGH to find. I've been seraching for a Model 20 bolt for about a year now.

I walk away from auto-flush toilets like movie stars walk away from explosions.....
Go to Top of Page

fmcguire
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  07:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are into Mossbergs of any sort, then you'll find this site useful, too: http://home.epix.net/~damguy/

Check the cross-refenence section and see what other store brand models Mossberg made to find matching parts.

I recently picked up a 26C at a local gun shop for $80, cleaned it up and it is really beautiful. All the original parts and the bolt movement/lock is perfect. I'm taking it to the range today to site-in and have fun. I got a scope mount from havlin.com (the mounting holes are factory drilled for the scoped mount and for target peep sites). When I got the rifle I wanted to add swivels and other little add-ons, too, but decided to keep it in original configuration. The guys at havlin.com really know all the models and are a great resource for how ther guns were originally setup.

This rifle has turned me into .22 Mossberg fanatic.
Go to Top of Page

dandak1

420 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  2:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Dads first gun was a Mossberg 26B. He bought it in 1939 or 1940 and the dealer sold him a box of 22WRF ammo for it instead of 22 LR!! Dad walked home and tried out the ammo and found out it wouldn't work! Boy was he pissed! We still have that box of ammo. Anyway, in the late 1940's he sells this model 26 and spends the next 50 years regretting letting his very first gun go. Lo and behold, in the late 1990's he runs into the fellow he sold it to...asks about it, and long story short the guy gives it back to Dad. I broght it out to my place and shot it just in Dads honor. He has a hard time getting around and getting out here but I plan on having it here on his next visit and having him send a few 22's downrange. Good luck rebuilding your 26, Mossberg made a low frills high quality gun there.
Go to Top of Page

fmcguire
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  3:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey .. great story .. thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page