GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Crosman Semi Auto 600
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YanCab
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  2:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1968 crosman 600 semi auto pistol in great shooting condition in the original box, included with original holster, pellgun oil, cleaning rod, manufacturer booklets and sealed vintage wadcutter lead pellets. I really want to sell it online but i dont see any other 600's for sale anywhere on the web. Does anyone know what i can get for the gun, and where i can sell it?

sheepdip
Advanced Member

USA
2535 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  6:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got this off Google

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/05/crosman-600-semiauto-pistol.html

Monday, May 08, 2006

If there was ever a classic air pistol, the Crosman 600 is it! It's the gun others are compared to. Reader Schten Dohkji mentioned that we had no 600 pictures in the blog, and I was surprised to learn I had never reviewed it!

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=105231800

Sears 1936 Crosman 600 Air-Pistol in Box
SELLER NAME ibuycolt
SELLER STOCK # cro600Sear1936
CATEGORY Air Rifles - Pistols
CONDITION Used, Minor Wear.

Price: $550.00

Original 1959 Vintage Sears Model # 1936 Co2 .22 Pellet Pistol in Box with Manual and Infograph in Excellent Condition this is a Very-Rare Version of Crosman 600 that Sears sold for about a year. The Gun holds Air and Hits-Hard but the pointed-nose pellets that I tried in it seem to jam when feeding, I do not have any old style pellets to try so it might need just need a adjustment. The Box is in Good Condition with No Split Corners..

The Crosman 600 pictured here is in very good shape, holding gas, and cycling pellets quite well. This sale is for the gun only....no box or paperwork were available.

Price - $225 (includes shipping)

A nice early Crosman 600 in a "rocket box."

Early autoloader!
Crosman's 600 first hit the streets in 1960. That was the time when Crosman powerlets had a bottle-cap seal that leaked, so CO2 guns weren't well-received. But the 600 lasted through those times and into the era when reliable powerlets came along. It was a true semiauto, where each pull of the trigger fired the gun. It held 10 .22 caliber pellets in line on the left side of the action in a built-in magazine. Linear mags have a reputation for poor feeding, but as long as you used domed pellets or wadcutters, the 600 fed well most of the time.

Lightning fast!
The 600 has a feed arm that moves to the left so the next pellet can be shoved in, then back to the right in line with the barrel. A bolt probe then jumps forward, stuffing the pellet into the breech. All this happens super-quick. If the gun ever goes full-auto (shooting all pellets as long as the trigger is held down), it dumps all 10 shots so fast that it sounds like one loud shot! I'm guessing the cyclic rate is close to 2000 rpm! And, going full-auto was one of the 600's little quirks. In fact, people used to modify it to do that until they realized that it didn't sound like a machine gun at all - just a loud air pistol, because they couldn't distinguish the individual shots firing.

Not powerful
The stock 600 gets about 350 f.p.s. with medium-weight pellets. It's also a gas hog, getting only about 30-33 shots per powerlet. The rest of the gas has to operate the mechanism. Once a 600 is tuned by either Dave Gunter (503-556-1439) or Mac-1 (310-327-3581), it can get well into the 450 f.p.s. range - and Gunter gets over 40 shots per powerlet with his tune. A lot of folks attach bulk CO2 tanks and long barrels to shoot hundreds of shots at 500+ f.p.s.

The flip side.

Excellent trigger and great accuracy!
The trigger is very light and almost crisp. The little mushiness is hardly noticeable, since almost everyone shoots the gun as fast as possible. If you take your time, a 600 can be very accurate. Crosman really knew how to rifle a barrel, and they put the very best into this pistol. It's as accurate as a Crosman Mark I.

In demand!
A used 600 will bring $225 in shooting condition and $275 in excellent condition in the box. They shoot so well that they are in demand. When the UK relaxed their laws against CO2 guns years ago, the Brits went crazy importing the 600. For a while, you couldn't buy one for less than $350 in any condition. Those days are over, but don't expect to get a cheap one unless you get lucky.
Go to Top of Page

chicoppee

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  6:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have sold several 600's on GunBroker lately . Each was in perfect working order with the original box and instructions. I have not gotten over $150 in bids . If you can get $225 I still have 3 left .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page