GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 P.BERETTA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

groundchecker
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone I have a Beretta shotgun that I have had for about 10-15 years. It was given to me by a family member. I say the gun is 90-95%. On one side of the reciever is stamped-P BERETTA, Gardone V.T., Mod A L2-12 gauge Magnum, made in Italy. On the other side of the reciever is stamped The Garcia Corp. Wash. DC, and A51537E(Serial Number?). On one side of the barrel is stamped 12ga 3in-30inches F, and the other side is Magnum, Alloyed CR. MO. Quenched High Tensile Steel, P. BERETTA- Made in Italy. I know I have given a lot of info but I am hoping that with it I can get some questions answered. One is the gun safe to shoot steel shot out of. Two how old is the gun and three what is the value of the gun. Thanks again for your help.

Edited by - groundchecker on 09/09/2008 10:13:53 PM

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15777 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't help with either value or the safety of shooting with steel. The age can probably be discerned from the Italian proof marks on the gun. One of the proofs should be the the date. Post some quality close photos of the proof marks.
Go to Top of Page

rdc5

USA
816 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just glad you have photos posted. Can't help you on the value though, sorry

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=991027

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Go to Top of Page

perry shooter
Advanced Member

13866 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello The F on the barrel most likely stands for FULL CHOKE "most double barrel Beretta a shot guns use a code to denote the amount of Choke with the number of * and - to denote the amount of choke" if your barrel is indeed FULL CHOKE then you will be disappointed in the pattern it will shoot with steel shot as MODIFIED choke barrels will shoot full choke pattern when you shoot steel shot steel shot may buldge a full choke barrel I would contact Beretta with model and serial of your gun to get there answer. I dont believe your gun is that old but may have been a model sold in EUROPE from a military PX.
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

7435 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  11:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember thr one I had in the 80s/ SWEEEET shooter and fit me like a glove. Mine was 2/34 in. chamber. Nice handling, fact cycle rate, 1rst rate shotgun. Value,,,,,,,,,350.-425...imo,,nambu
Go to Top of Page

laxcoach

1076 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  09:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's an AL2 Mag and is choked full. I have one identical to it that I bought new in 1970, and will cycle 2-3/4" loads. Don't use steel in it. I'd look for a Mod or I/C barrel--3" chamber if you want to shoot steel. I think that an AL-3 mag barrel will work, but check with Beretta before you spend any money.
An extremely tough gun and undervalued at the $350 price they usually bring. Mine has had countless magnum rounds fired through it, looks like s***, and has never failed to cycle.
Go to Top of Page

MIKE WISKEY
Advanced Member

7933 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  09:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not shoot steel in this. one of the other non-lead loads should be ok.

Go to Top of Page

groundchecker
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  2:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info guys.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page