GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Intrac 12ga. Coachgun Parts???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

odentheviking

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  09:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
Just got an older 12gauge Coachgun style double barrel.
All is mostly there but the tang screw under the barrel release and the stock needs replacement. I fixed the broken fore stock, but I think the butt stock is too far gone to repair.

Anybody know of a place to find a replacement? I tried the 2 or 3 parts places I know of....... no luck.

Only think on barrel is gauge and shell information.
On frame/left side: "COACH 12"
Under frame: "MADE IN CHINA", "INTRAC ARMS", "KNOXVILLE, TN."

tHANKS FOR THE HELP! PAUL

odentheviking

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  09:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTT Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

BigLoop22

USA
578 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  12:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
odentheviking,

Who actually made your shotgun? The maker's name may be hidden under the wooden forestock.

Intrac is an importer of new, production, Russian-manufacture weapons, Chinese shotguns and muzzleloading rifles. No web site.

Intrac Arms International
5005 Chapman Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920
Tel: 865-573-0065
or
toll-free: 800-251-9871

...if they are still in business.

BigLoop22
---------------------------------

Hunt101 Photo Complete "img" Links:

Go to Top of Page

Garth

USA
335 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  3:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some "old" stocks are in worse condition than others. some are so far gone that there isnt much left to work with. your best bet would be to visit wally world and purchase "gorilla glue". i have personally witnessed stock repairs that IMHO were way beyond repair and after repairs were made, and the stock was refinished, the repairs were not even visible. just my 2cents. best

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26
Go to Top of Page

odentheviking

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  9:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help.
I can not find a makers name/mark on this shotgun, just "MADE IN CHINA". The only thing on the barrels states gauge and shell lenth.
I have tried to contact Intrac with no luck, out of business or in hideing!????
I think that if I glued the stock back together, It would be fine for show but not for "GO"! The stock is so DRY! Almost feels like balsa wood. I could oil it but that would split the glued stock....correct? I could oil first, but then would the glue hold?

Anybody know what a custom fitted stock runs? I am sur eit is more than this thing is worth!
Go to Top of Page

odentheviking

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  4:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTT Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

BigLoop22

USA
578 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  7:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
odentheviking,

If all you can find on the gun is "China", the ONLY name that comes to my mind is "NORINCO".

I believe that NORINCO is a general term for the government-owned manufacturing organization, which produces all sorts of goods for China. Guns is one thing that they manufacture. The name NORINCO is often used as the manufacturer's name for most of these guns. A number of years ago, NORINCO was given "time-out" by the U.S. government for illegal technology trafficing. ...so, no sales of NORINCO products are supposed to be allowed to the United States.

You could try Googling NORINCO Arms/ shotguns/ etc., and give a look at the Canadian distributors' Web site:

http://www.marstar.ca/index.shtm

Good luck!

BigLoop22
---------------------------------

Hunt101 Photo Complete "img" Links:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page