GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 H&R model 265 "Targeteer"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

buttplate

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  12:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked up this rifle last weekend because it caught my eye. It is a .22LR with a 10 shot mag. It came standard with a Lyman 55H receiver mounted peep-sight. I gave the fellow $110. for it. I had a hard time finding any values on this particular rifle. It is in like-new shape. The 10 rd. magazine was manufactured by H&R, and has "Reising 22Long Rifle Only" stamped on it. Does anyone know the value of these rifles? Here's some pics.
buttplate

"The Gatling guns will just slow us down, and we won't be needing them, so just leave them behind".
Col. G.A. Custer June1876

Edited by - buttplate on 10/08/2008 12:42:23 PM

BOBBYWINS
Advanced Member

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,buttplate.

According to the Gun Traders Guide of 2005;

Model 265 "REG'LAR"
Bolt-Action Repeating Rifle

Nib $113 Ex $92 Gd $66

Caliber:.22LR.10-round detachable box magazine.22-inch bbl.
Weight:6.5 lbs.Sights:Lyman No.55 rear peep;blade front,on
ramp.Plain pistol-grip stock.Made 1946-49.

Looks like a nice one for sure.

Since this book is the only one have handy and is a few years old,I'd think the values may be a tad bit higher today.

Hope this helps.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.

Edited by - BOBBYWINS on 10/08/2008 1:04:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

b.goforth

966 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  2:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the model 265 'targeteer' was only manufactured for a few years (1946-1950). most of the current pricing guides are very out of date on early H&R target rifles. the on-line blue book is the most current and when the new 30 edition comes out it will reflect higher prices 100%=$285 down to 60%=$150. the magazine use by the model 265 is the same as used on all the eugene reising designed H&R semi-automatic 22 rimfire rifles and should offer very postive feed in a bolt action rifle. i believe you will be very pleased with the accuracy of this rifle. at $110 i believe you got a very good deal unless the bore is shotout.
bill
Go to Top of Page

Juggernaut

1362 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  2:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One reportedly sold for $270.00 a while ago in excellent condition and if you need magazines or other parts they are on GunBroker occasionally or you can go here for magazines which will reportedly work in the H&R 265:
http://www.ammoclip.com/H/hr_22cal_rifles.htm
Also for parts and magazines:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=1560z265%20TARGETEER&MC=
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

buttplate

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  3:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info! I forgot to mention that the bore looks like it never had a round shot through it. The lands and grooves are distinct and sharp, and the bore is bright and shiny.
buttplate

"The Gatling guns will just slow us down, and we won't be needing them, so just leave them behind".
Col. G.A. Custer June1876
Go to Top of Page

Juggernaut

1362 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  3:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may not have been, or possibly was just test fired, alot of people collect firearms and never shoot them; I personally like to shoot them not just look at them. I have a rifle similar to it and they are tack drivers, I am going to put a tubular telescopic sight on mine, really looks vintage too.
Go to Top of Page

Fatstrat
Advanced Member

8308 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  4:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked up a poor condition 365 "Reg-Lar" at last falls Tulsa Arms Show for $30. Same gun in single shot version. Broken bridge on rear Lyman 55H peep sight, cracked stock, missing various parts. It was one of my winter projects. Turned very well. Repaired/refinished stock. Was amazed at lucky I was at finding parts. Even got a complete NEW Lyman 55 H rear sight for less than some Lyman "expert" quoted me for the parts (bridge) needed to repair old one.
Best part is that the rifle turned out to be a TACK DRIVER! I usually sell/trade my project guns. Not this one. It's a keeper!

I walk away from auto-flush toilets like movie stars walk away from explosions.....

Edited by - Fatstrat on 10/08/2008 4:39:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

39chevy

268 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  6:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen just the H&R reising 22 mags on here for $40 each..Have a couple of the M65's that are good shooters
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page