GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Wilkinson Arms Sherry 22 info
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lowridez

56 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  11:30:28 PM  Show Profile
I recently purchased a Wilkinson Arms Sherry 22 that is missing the clip. Does anybody out there have one for sale? Also does can anyone provide me with background info on the value and original price?

Thanks

Van

Van

moonshine
Advanced Member

Canary Islands
6536 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  01:26:07 AM  Show Profile
sherry model .22 $100 to $245 last MSR. $280.available in various colors.2 1/2 in. barrel,aluminum frame,steel slide.
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15836 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  01:59:50 AM  Show Profile
After the previous owner passed away, I presume it was Mr. Wilkinson? A outfit know as Northwest Arms of Parma ID, took over the business. One of our recent posters tried to contact them to obtain parts for some of the other Wilkinson guns, he didn't have any luck. You might try contacting Triple K, the outfit that makes the replacement magazines. It's possible they make some for the various Wilkinson guns.
Go to Top of Page

lowridez

56 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  09:20:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info guys. Mine is red anodized aluminum serial number 852xxx. I sure wish I could find a clip. Im wondering if any of the other similar gun companies like jennings and phoenix arms clips will work?

quote:
Originally posted by lowridez

I recently purchased a Wilkinson Arms Sherry 22 that is missing the clip. Does anybody out there have one for sale? Also does can anyone provide me with background info on the value and original price?

Thanks

Van

Van
Go to Top of Page

moonshine
Advanced Member

Canary Islands
6536 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  12:29:29 PM  Show Profile
out of stock but a good place to keep an eye on.

http://www.ammoclip.com/WXYZ/wilkinson_arms.htm
Go to Top of Page

lowridez

56 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  9:16:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again for the info. Looks like they will be out of stock forever since there is no restock source. Looks like my gun is kind of worthless ha ha. Oh well thanks again.

Van
Go to Top of Page

Novgarod
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  9:26:13 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks for the info guys. Mine is red anodized aluminum serial number 852xxx. I sure wish I could find a clip. Im wondering if any of the other similar gun companies like jennings and phoenix arms clips will work?

quote:

Thanks

Van

Go to Top of Page

Novgarod
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  9:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Van, I bought a complete gold Sherry 22 about a decade ago, but just have one mag. Like me, you discovered that finding a source for additional mags has dried up. I do not wish to get rid of mine since it is like NIB; would you be interested in auctioning yours for parts? Thanks for your consideration.
Go to Top of Page

lowridez

56 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  9:42:04 PM  Show Profile
How would I auction it off? How would I sell it? What do you offer?

Thanks

Van

Van
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

7522 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  9:56:00 PM  Show Profile
Go to Sellers and follow directions... Easy to do.. Let me know, I will bid on it.nambu
Go to Top of Page

Novgarod
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile
Van, sounds like some interest on the Forum. Maybe someone is willing to purchase the total pistol and will go thru FFL procedures and associated costs. On the other hand, you can simply sell the parts (excepting the anodized frame) and probably get more than your investment back - just trying to help. I have a old (1995) Wilkinson price list for Sherry parts, but should give you relative part values.

Of course, you can always keep looking for a mag and there is a big audience out there listening and helping. That can be fun too.
Go to Top of Page

lowridez

56 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  12:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks. I just registered to bid on GunBroker and might go ahead and list the gun as a whole on the auction site. Im not sure yet. I talked to a friend of mine and he said he has several 22 clips but wasnt sure what they are for so Im going to take the gun today and see if I can find one. I know there are alot of small 22 pistols that have been manufactured by other companies such as jennings arms, bryco, phoenix arms etc. Will any of those clips work in my wilkinson arms?

Thanks

Van
Go to Top of Page

captkirk3@dslextreme.com
Administrator

5098 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  1:23:35 PM  Show Profile
You might try GunBroker Member Jim Denning at 101 Hickory St., Hurricane, WV. 25526....or 1-304 562 2120...I don't know if His email address is active or not...? <jdenning@charter.net>
Jim Deals in Old and Obsolete Magazines.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page