GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Remington Model 770 Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mauser54
Advanced Member

USA
2564 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  01:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine recieved a new Remington 770 in 270win cal this past summmer. Yesterday he went hunting with this rifle and took a shot at bambi. Afterwards he went to extract the spent shell and load another round and the bolt had locked up and the bolt handle broke right off the bolt body. Nice clean break. Afer examining the bolt handle, it has a hardened steel center core surounded by it looks like some kind of pot metal. The steel core goes into the bolt body about an 1/8 inch. Looks as though the handle was epoxied or silver soldered onto the bolt body. Talk about a cheap rifle! Of course now the spent shell is still in the chamber as the bolt is still locked up and no way to unlock the bolt. Talked to a remington rep. and they will fix the rifle as it is still under warranty. But still what a cheap rifle. This is dissapointing that it is a remington. Has anyone else out there in forum land had any bad experiences with the fairly new Remington 770? Anyway since I am new to the forum, just wanted everyone to know I am really enjoying it and now addicted.

"A free people ought...to be armed..." George Washington, 1790

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  01:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have yet to hear a good thing about the 770. Actually I take that back, I have heard that it is better then the 710, but that doesn't take much. Yes they are cheap, but they are very cheaply made as a result.

Jon

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=927910

20 gauge, 12 gauge, .22LR, .22wmr, .380acp, 9mm, .40 S&W, 10mm, .40 Super, .44 RemMag, .45acp, .22-250, 25-06, 6.8 SPC, .308, 7.62x39, .300 WinMag, .375 H&H, .450 Bushmaster, & .450 Marlin

Go to Top of Page

JamesRK
Advanced Member

USA
21620 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  01:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that. Iíve always liked Remington stuff.

Go to Top of Page

LesWVa
Advanced Member

7569 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  07:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
his is dissapointing that it is a remington.

That is what you get when you have a company bow down, open wide and apply there own KY Jelly in order to sale products to Walmart. Sad thing is, that same garbage is also sold at better gun shops.

Some advice.

#1. Go to Walmart. Look at the brand and model number of the firearms that are on the shelf.

#2. Forget about them. For it does not matter if Cabelas or Ripmeoff Gun & Pawn has them. They are junk at any price.

Go to Top of Page

MFI
Advanced Member

6889 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  07:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive sent 3 back already with that same problem since our hunting season opened in NY .. Those guns are absolute junk and I told Remington that .. I guarantee you they will stop production on them very soon ..

Proud owner of Marino Firearms Inc. Hancock, NY. Cancer survivor.. Now entering our 92nd year in family business !http://GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=37494

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20071002/STBN02/110020006/If-s-outdoors-s-Marino-s

GunBroker MEMBER SINCE 1999 !!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7140 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  07:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The old saying does still ring true...you get what you pay for...
Go to Top of Page

nunn
Administrator

USA
35989 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  08:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remington has sure pulled some boners in the last several years. The 770 is just one.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012
Go to Top of Page

select-fire
Advanced Member

42835 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  08:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to buy a 7.62 x 39 deer rifle. Got it narrowed down to a Remington 799, CZ,Ruger 77 , no. 1. Scrub the remington off the list.
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7140 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  09:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by select-fire

I am going to buy a 7.62 x 39 deer rifle. Got it narrowed down to a Remington 799, CZ,Ruger 77 , no. 1. Scrub the remington off the list.

The 799 is a mini mark-x mauser. It should be fine. The CZ-527 would be at the top of the list, and if a semi auto is ok, the mini 30 would be a hit.
Go to Top of Page

footlong
Advanced Member

7388 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  09:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the way WEATHERBY kisses up to Wally@#%$#World I predict an early demise for their stuff
Go to Top of Page

jptatum

USA
1512 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  09:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 is a realy fine firearms for the price, or any price. I really like mine.

J. Patrick Tatum
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

36304 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  10:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a revamped, improved 710...you get what you pay for.
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
33855 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  10:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where are they made, in Detroit?

What's next

Go to Top of Page

Crittergitter

USA
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  11:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mauser54

Yesterday he went hunting with this rifle and took a shot at bambi.

Well? Did he get the deer or not? That's the important part. Don't leave us hanging in suspense here...

Critter
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  11:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon0322

I have yet to hear a good thing about the 770. Actually I take that back, I have heard that it is better then the 710, but that doesn't take much. Yes they are cheap, but they are very cheaply made as a result.

Jon

Actually I like the 710 BETTER. Not near as heavy to carry. Yes, your right, they are made inexpensively. Are they SUPPOSED to be a "top of the line" rifle? Nope, basement bargin rifle more like it.

I WILL say though, for a CHEAP rifle, the 710 can hit the target at 500 yards accurately. Gun snobs be damned.

This past summer, it put down 15 deer, and the year before a dozen. Remmington ammo, that is a different story. I won't buy their core-lokt ammo anymore, I buy winchester. The remmington ammo doesn't hold together on impcat, it explodes like a grenade.
Go to Top of Page

Ox190

2192 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  11:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Freemind I actually pulled a Core-Lokt out of a 10 point I shot last week, it mushroomed up nicely. Now granted this box of ammo is a couple of years old. I will take a picture and post it up. It was the first time I had ever recovered the bullet.
Go to Top of Page

mauser54
Advanced Member

USA
2564 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For all of you that are still in suspense. No is the answer to getting that deer. Thats when he went to take the second shot and the bolt locked up and the handle broke off. As soon as he recieves his 770 back from the factory repair center, he is going to trade it off and get a real rifle.

"A free people ought...to be armed..." George Washington, 1790
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
32216 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  5:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A freind was buying a 770 so I did some research on them. Seems ther bold handle is a Problem just like what happened it broke off.

No it was not me it was a freind. I all ready have a 710 why would I want another like it. I learned the 1st time.

Grumpy Gunny
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7140 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  5:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mauser54

For all of you that are still in suspense. No is the answer to getting that deer. Thats when he went to take the second shot and the bolt locked up and the handle broke off. As soon as he recieves his 770 back from the factory repair center, he is going to trade it off and get a real rifle.

Tell the man to get a Tikka T-3...he will be thrilled to death with every thing about it. Tell him to top it off with a Burris Fullfield II scope. Yes, he will have some money tied up in this rifle, but it will be so over joyed with it that he will use it more.

Best
Go to Top of Page

ruger270man
Advanced Member

USA
9445 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  5:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by select-fire

out of those, definitely a CZ.

"Excuses are just lies we tell ourselves."
Go to Top of Page

ruger270man
Advanced Member

USA
9445 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  5:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ECC

710 is pure junk. I never shot one, but cycling the bolt a few times at the gun store was enough to tell me that it wasn't worthy of wiping my butt with.

"Excuses are just lies we tell ourselves."
Go to Top of Page

ruger270man
Advanced Member

USA
9445 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  5:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You want a cheap rifle, go with a Stevens, can't beat it for the money.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  6:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190

Freemind I actually pulled a Core-Lokt out of a 10 point I shot last week, it mushroomed up nicely. Now granted this box of ammo is a couple of years old. I will take a picture and post it up. It was the first time I had ever recovered the bullet.

Ox, I tried two differnt lots of 30-06 150 grain SP's. Both the same, and both were recently bought ( this year.). The stuff I had from LAST year was fine, what little I had left.

So I went with winchester ammo, and was well pleased. I think I will stick with Winchester until I see results I don't like.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  6:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dnelson457

A freind was buying a 770 so I did some research on them. Seems ther bold handle is a Problem just like what happened it broke off.

No it was not me it was a freind. I all ready have a 710 why would I want another like it. I learned the 1st time.

Well, IF you dislike the rifle so much, I might be intersted in BUYING it, if it is chambered in something I want
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  6:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruger270man

quote:
Originally posted by ECC

710 is pure junk. I never shot one, but cycling the bolt a few times at the gun store was enough to tell me that it wasn't worthy of wiping my butt with.

YOU never SHOT one, yet they are PURE junk because you didn't like the way the action felt when cycling it?

I will keep mine, thanks. 2" groups at 500 yards is NOTHING to sneer at. This is with FACTORY cheap crap ammo too.

A truckload of dead deer don't lie man ......
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7140 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  6:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freemind

quote:
Originally posted by ruger270man

quote:
Originally posted by ECC

YOU never SHOT one, yet they are PURE junk because you didn't like the way the action felt when cycling it?

I will keep mine, thanks. 2" groups at 500 yards is NOTHING to sneer at. This is with FACTORY cheap crap ammo too.

A truckload of dead deer don't lie man ......

Where did you pick this rifle up at? Do they sell lotto tickets and tall rubber boots there too? They have to have fiction novels on hand........
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  7:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsr1965
Where did you pick this rifle up at? Do they sell lotto tickets and tall rubber boots there too? They have to have fiction novels on hand........

Perhaps it is one of a few that actually shoot well. I don't really know.

I do know it SHOOTS 2" groups at 500 yards. I know, because I DID it. I know, because I shot 12 of those 15 deer this summer from 400 to 500 yards.

Sneer and call BS all you want. Doesn't CHANGE the FACT, it IS a 500 yard rifle. OR perhaps you are one of those guys that HAS to have $2000 rifle to somehow make up for your accuracy shortcommings. Strangly though, my POS rifle will outshoot YOUR high end prissy rifle.
Go to Top of Page

DBV

USA
1456 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  7:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's important is that you like your rifle. That's all that matters. And if you can really shoot it that well, then good for you.

Edited by - DBV on 12/02/2008 7:51:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  7:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBV
Didn't know the Bushnell Sportview could see 500 yards. Or do you have a $1000 scope on your $200 rifle? Nobody's buying your claim, Vasily

NO, I use the factory scope. It isn't worth a squat if it fogs up though. That has happened twice. I need to redo the glass. Nope, it won't be with $1000 worth of glass either.

I REALLY don't care if you doubters belive me or not. I have proven how far I can shoot to another hunter on the depridation permit.
This guy borrowed one of mine and set the zero for 25 yards ( ) casue he wasn't sure he would have to shoot far.

I have CONFIDENCE in MY equipment, because I USE it REGULARLY. People like you blow the dust off once a year, and miss 75% of your shots too. I don't miss.
Go to Top of Page

DBV

USA
1456 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  8:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess you got to it before I had thought better and changed my post. Whatever, dude. Go conquer the world with your 710. I don't give a poop.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  8:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBV

Guess you got to it before I had thought better and changed my post. Whatever, dude. Go conquer the world with your 710. I don't give a poop.

It ISN'T about conquering anything, you doofus. People like you SNEER at a LOW priced rifle. Are some weapons really nothing but utter JUNK? You BET! The 710 is not "junk". It shoots with good accuracy, but that is about ALL the nice I can say about it.
They ARE ugly, and cheaply constructed. Stocks are heavyish and not flattering at all. The bolt and action are clunky, crapily constructed. The box mag is a plus, but a PITA to remove.

IF that 710 could not shoot as accurately as it DOES, it would have found a new home. I have owned a NEW single six Ruger. Biggest pile beside a Cobra I owned. You could get that single six to hit center of a target at 25 yards, NO MATTER what you fed it. Are all Ruger single sixes JUNK? No, but I won't own another Ruger revolver though.
Go to Top of Page

DBV

USA
1456 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  8:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
People like you SNEER at a LOW priced rifle.

People like me, eh? Know me real well do you? Son, I am the king of cheap guns. Love 'em. But even I know better than to mess with the 710 or 770.

But as I said, I'm glad yours works for you.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  8:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBV

quote:
People like you SNEER at a LOW priced rifle.

People like me, eh? Know me real well do you? Son, I am the king of cheap guns. Love 'em. But even I know better than to mess with the 710 or 770.

But as I said, I'm glad yours works for you.

I know YOU as well as you THINK you know me, son.

Love cheap guns eh? for what purpose? To have X amount of them, or because they SERVE a purpose?
Go to Top of Page

JustC

15043 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  8:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not to say it didn't happen, but I need to witness a 710 shooting 2" at 500yds to believe it, especially with factory ammo. I have pards with rem700 KS rilfes that can't hold that group.

Was it a consistent average or was it a one time group??? I have broken the world record 600yd group myself,..althought it wasn't during a sanctioned match and I havn't been able to repeat it since, so nobody cares. This is with a custom rifle, so the claim on the 710 with 2" at 500yds, you are stretching to have folks who shoot a lot beleive you,..not to say it didn't happen.

applying physics over great expanses,...gotta love the long shots

GunBroker.com Moderator

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12321 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  8:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JustC

not to say it didn't happen, but I need to witness a 710 shooting 2" at 500yds to believe it, especially with factory ammo. I have pards with rem700 KS rilfes that can't hold that group.

Was it a consistent average or was it a one time group??? I have broken the world record 600yd group myself,..althought it wasn't during a sanctioned match and I havn't been able to repeat it since, so nobody cares. This is with a custom rifle, so the claim on the 710 with 2" at 500yds, you are stretching to have folks who shoot a lot beleive you,..not to say it didn't happen.

I have NO reason to BS you or anyone else. Can I hit 2" every day? No, sometimes it streches to 3". There is even the occasional flyer, as factory ammo isn't as nice as "roll your own". I am willing to bet, however, that by the time I hit 2-3k through the barrel, it will likely need replacing, if not sooner. I have 450 rounds down the gullet now. Perhaps I have the ONLY 710 down the line, to shoot worth a damn, no idea. All I know it is cheap, and accurate. Puts meat on the table like it is supposed to.
Go to Top of Page

DBV

USA
1456 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  9:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Love cheap guns eh? for what purpose? To have X amount of them, or because they SERVE a purpose?

Mainly just "to have X amount of them," as you have pointed out (I have a real complex like that, you know). But occasionally I take my Keystone Cricket .22 out to kill rhinoceros from 2 miles. Hey, I don't know why it works -- must be the best Cricket ever, I guess.....but it does

Go to Top of Page

204targetman

USA
1953 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  9:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 710's had been made in Mayfield, KY.(cheaper labor) Not sure if the 770's are made there also. I know corners have been cut with materials but a couple of friends own these rifles and they really do shoot very well. Both of these rifles are in 30-06. I certainly dont want a bolt handle to break off. But as far as accuracy goes. The two I have shot seem to be very accurate.
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7140 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  06:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I have NO reason to BS you or anyone else. Can I hit 2" every day? No, sometimes it streches to 3". There is even the occasional flyer, as factory ammo isn't as nice as "roll your own". I am willing to bet, however, that by the time I hit 2-3k through the barrel, it will likely need replacing, if not sooner. I have 450 rounds down the gullet now. Perhaps I have the ONLY 710 down the line, to shoot worth a damn, no idea. All I know it is cheap, and accurate. Puts meat on the table like it is supposed to.

No one ever said they doubted you! They said you got lucky. Most well put together rifles, combined with extremely well put together glass will have a hard time doing what "your 710" does. I am banking though that using the law of averages, yours is an extremely rare case...even if in your own "freemind". But best of luck to ya on your next purchase, wether it be the lotto ticket or the boots.......

Edited by - tsr1965 on 12/03/2008 12:05:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

shamtastic

362 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  10:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow... this is like a soap.

I didnt have any problems hitting a 25m E-type at 500 (in the 4 and 5 ring with an iron sighted of the rack M4. You just have to have it well zeroed and know your hold offs. Im sure it can be done with most any bolt action centerfire.

I am a has-been. Better than a never was.
Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed
Go to Top of Page

bambambam
Advanced Member

USA
3935 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  03:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 770 in 7rem mag. It shoots fairly straight for 250 and in. BUT!!!, that is the only good thing about the BIGGEST P O S Remington has ever made!!! The bolt is sloppy, the barrel was stuck to the stock like glue when I got it, and had 2 take down bolts striped. The action is so loose and sloppy it won't load the 3rd round from clip w/o beating the bolt handle( which I bow know not to do because it may break off..LOL). And the scope was so out of wack I was lucky to land my first shot in the same county!! JUNK!!!
Go to Top of Page

footlong
Advanced Member

7388 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  06:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bim Bam,Thank You MAM

BIM BAM. THank You MAM

BIM BAM. Scuze ME SAM

Go to Top of Page

woodshed87
Advanced Member

USA
11264 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  07:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I Don't Know about the 770 But......
The North American Hunting Club. Magazine
Did an Article About 3 Years ago that Said The 700s Were Prone to the Bolt Handle Breaking off.
Made Me Like My Savage 111 Even More.. 700 Strongest action 3 rings of steel .....PFFFFFFt. Steel around What? pot metal...When They Quoted that Made Me GUNSHY

1hr + Left Waddaya Waitin' For!!!!!!!!
A Kick In The Pants!
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=218512396

"I will cling to the Old Rugged Cross, and exchange it some day for a Crown"

"OL' WOODSHED'S TURKEY CALLS"
Available Here At GunBroker.Com

If there Is Not One Up on the Auction Site Please Ask For Me "Woody"
And I Will see that One Or More Are put Up Special For You!!

WWW.WOODSHEDSCALLS.COM

For Demo See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFD6CWcDEI&feature=player_profilepage

2011 Spring Hunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acpW1cosSfk

Marisa's 2012 youth Hunt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uly9CM-DyCA

Closeup Demo Of Call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8cMl2ZD1As
http://woodshedscalls.com/

"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control,mud slides, flooding,
severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another,
and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks,
are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the
Pledge of Allegiance?"
Jay Leno

Edited by - woodshed87 on 03/05/2011 07:30:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

ChrisInTempe
Advanced Member

USA
12075 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  07:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like most posters have had bad experiences with their 770's, and one has had good experiences. So why pile up on the one guy that got lucky and received a good rifle for his money?

Jealous are we?

As for blasting Bambi, now that is just wrong.

Blasting Bambi's Mom though, that's okay.
Go to Top of Page

guntech59
Advanced Member

Faroe Islands
16548 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  07:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisInTempe

Sounds like most posters have had bad experiences with their 770's, and one has had good experiences. So why pile up on the one guy that got lucky and received a good rifle for his money?

Jealous are we?

Bambi grew up inot a VERY nice buck! (if I remember my cartoons correctly!)

US Army (Ret.)
1977-1998

Edited by - guntech59 on 03/05/2011 07:49:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

nunn
Administrator

USA
35989 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  08:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thing it failed while that model is still in production. Once Remington gets embarrassed enough to stop making it, they will stop servicing it and there will be no parts.

"Remington Model 770 Problems" is a redundancy.

GunBroker.com Moderator

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012
Go to Top of Page

ChrisInTempe
Advanced Member

USA
12075 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  08:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guntech59

quote:

Jealous are we?

Bambi grew up inot a VERY nice buck! (if I remember my cartoons correctly!)

Oh, well ... okay then
Go to Top of Page

godalejr

USA
1225 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  10:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have known a few guys to have the 710 and get lucky. with everybody wanting cheaper goods the 710/770 has its market place.i wouldnt have it as a primary gun but for a backup or loaner it should be okay. if they dont break they will shoot good groups enough to kill a deer anyway. i just think in the categorty the stevens 200 is a better choice but to each his own.
Go to Top of Page

LesWVa
Advanced Member

7569 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remington 710, 770 = Walmart wall hangers.

They are great guns as long as they are hanging on someone else wall.
Go to Top of Page

FEENIX
Advanced Member

USA
9782 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  11:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsr1965

quote:

quote:

No one ever said they doubted you! They said you got lucky. Most well put together rifles, combined with extremely well put together glass will have a hard time doing what "your 710" does. I am banking though that using the law of averages, yours is an extremely rare case...even if in your own "freemind". But best of luck to ya on your next purchase, wether it be the lotto ticket or the boots.......

LL! You gotta love those <1/2MOA budget rifles and factory ammos. That's almost as good as the long range 12g shot (don't remember the OP or the actual claimed distance).

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Go to Top of Page

bambambam
Advanced Member

USA
3935 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  10:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really didn't care if someone had a good gun of this model or not. I just wanted the other people to know that they weren't the only one to make the mistake of buying a POS from Remington too. Sorry to whomever has a nice one, your lucky
quote:

Jealous are we?

Go to Top of Page

bambambam
Advanced Member

USA
3935 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  10:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
godalejr put it best
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page