GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
GunBroker.com Message Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

 All Forums
 GunBroker.com Message Forums
 General Discussion
 Can you mail ammunition?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mouse
Advanced Member

3631 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  11:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a bunch of boxes of 30-06, and some are new, some are reloads.
Since I sold my Sako, not using them.

MVP
Advanced Member

Equatorial Guinea
21910 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  11:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can ship them through a UPS Hub.


Go to Top of Page

CS8161
Advanced Member

USA
13975 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  11:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mouse

I have a bunch of boxes of 30-06, and some are new, some are reloads.
Since I sold my Sako, not using them.



I'd be happy to pay the postage if you are considering a post-Christmas giveaway!

CS8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!

My Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=144598

Go to Top of Page

aglore
Advanced Member

USA
5268 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  11:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No you can't mail it. FedEx or UPS ground.

Barack Obama murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. Why has he not been charged? Because his accomplice runs the Department of Juscice.
Go to Top of Page

reloader44mag
Advanced Member

15914 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  11:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mouse

I have a bunch of boxes of 30-06, and some are new, some are reloads.
Since I sold my Sako, not using them.

No, the United States Postal Service will NOT accept loaded ammunition.
Go to Top of Page

duckhunter
Advanced Member

8371 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  11:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No ammo at the post office.
Go to Top of Page

k_townman
Advanced Member

USA
2657 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  12:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by duckhunter

No ammo at the post office.


Don't tell them it's loaded ammo.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Go to Top of Page

asphalt cowboy
Advanced Member

5043 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  02:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given that even the best of us can make mistakes, I'd break down the reloads and sell the bullets and brass. The liability outweighs the benefit.
Go to Top of Page

11b6r
Advanced Member

USA
12855 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  03:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DO NOT MAIL LIVE AMMO. Fed prison sux. Use UPS or FedX GROUND, is not HAZMAT unless over 66 lbs, mark ORM-D, Catridges, small arms.

"Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine."
Go to Top of Page

jabronij3
Senior Member

2220 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  08:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 11b6r

DO NOT MAIL LIVE AMMO. Fed prison sux. Use UPS or FedX GROUND, is not HAZMAT unless over 66 lbs, mark ORM-D, Catridges, small arms.

..


according to my local fedex it is

John 3:16 WHO LOVES YA BABY?
ya see, there's two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns and those that dig, you dig.
Go to Top of Page

11b6r
Advanced Member

USA
12855 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  10:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, yes, it actually IS HAZMAT, but the charges for HAZMAT kick in at 66 lbs. Don't ship by air, and don't mail. My UPS guy is still not speaking to me since the week that all my 303, 7.62 Russian, and 8mm ammo showed up. Think he has a hernia now.

"Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine."
Go to Top of Page

EOD Guy
Senior Member

1008 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  10:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 11b6r

Well, yes, it actually IS HAZMAT, but the charges for HAZMAT kick in at 66 lbs. Don't ship by air, and don't mail. My UPS guy is still not speaking to me since the week that all my 303, 7.62 Russian, and 8mm ammo showed up. Think he has a hernia now.



HAZMAT charges are not dependent on weight. Even though ORM-D is a DOT hazard class, items so classed are exempt from most DOT marking labeling and shipping papers requirements. That's the reason HAZMAT fees are not charged.

Most hazadous materials cannot be reclassed as ORM-D, unless they are packaged in small quantities for sale to consumers. Even then, not all materials can be reclassed.

[url=http://militarysignatures.com][/url]

Edited by - EOD Guy on 01/02/2009 10:52:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

sigarmsp226
Senior Member

USA
2445 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  10:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to go hunting this year but I could not afford any ammo... Add me to the ammo giveaway also please. I am in need of 30-06 ammo. My son and I both own 30-06 rifles for deer hunting. Its the only caliber we hunt with.
Go to Top of Page

Rocklobster
Advanced Member

8400 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  11:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh-oh. I just received a Priority Mail package containing ammunition from one of our GunBroker sellers.



My mission is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
Go to Top of Page

gskyhawk
Advanced Member

USA
5243 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  11:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just shipped some ammo using UPS ground like you should , cost was just under $16 for 350 rounds of pistol ammo , weight was 18 pounds , insured value of $200 , so that not too bad ,

then on the other hand you can have this happen to you when folks don't know the rules

i purchased some ammo from a seller on a different forum , sent him the money and the ammo never showed , when i asked when he was going to ship it he told me he had shipped it regular US mail ,( no tracking # ) been over a month now and no ammo , so i don't no if he is just screwing me , which i don't really think he would or if its lost , since there is NO tracking number no way to follow up on it or if it is sitting in some inspector bin somewhere



Edited by - gskyhawk on 01/02/2009 11:14:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
29628 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  11:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EOD Guy

quote:
Originally posted by 11b6r

Well, yes, it actually IS HAZMAT, but the charges for HAZMAT kick in at 66 lbs. Don't ship by air, and don't mail. My UPS guy is still not speaking to me since the week that all my 303, 7.62 Russian, and 8mm ammo showed up. Think he has a hernia now.



HAZMAT charges are not dependent on weight. Even though ORM-D is a DOT hazard class, items so classed are exempt from most DOT marking labeling and shipping papers requirements. That's the reason HAZMAT fees are not charged.

Most hazadous materials cannot be reclassed as ORM-D, unless they are packaged in small quantities for sale to consumers. Even then, not all materials can be reclassed.


This is the correct answer.

Mark it ORM-D,.....cartridges, small arms, and ship through UPS.
No problem!



"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06


Visit GunBroker.com at: www.gunbroker.com
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the site's User Agreement
Site Map