GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Kimel Industries Western Six in .22 cal.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HazMatAce

58 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  10:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a "Western Six" revolver that I inheirited from my uncle. On the barrel it says "Western Six" Kimel Ind. Matthews N.C. On the left side inside the grip, it says, Firearms Int'l Corp. Wash. D.C. I'm trying to find a replacement trigger screw becaused it was broken in two places when I got it. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

God Bless You
Freedoms precious metals are gold, silver and lead.
HazMatAce

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15681 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  11:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your best bet would be to contact some of the large outfits that sell replacement gun parts on the net. Like Bob's Gun Shop and Gun Parts Corp.

Not likely anybody else would have replacement parts in stock. Firearms International went out of business in the early 70's. Given the age of the revolver and it's original cost, not going to be easy to find parts.
Go to Top of Page

Fatstrat
Advanced Member

8257 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  3:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you post a pic of it? I'm not familar w/the brand name, but it may be an import sold under importers brand. The Herbert Schmidt (Germany) made revolvers were sold under a dizzying number of brand names. And the current Heritage .22 SA are made of the same basic design. If your gun is an import, the key to acquiring parts will be to determine who actually made it. And parts are available for many of the imports.

I walk away from auto-flush toilets like movie stars walk away from explosions.....
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15681 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  12:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fatstrat

Can you post a pic of it? I'm not familar w/the brand name, but it may be an import sold under importers brand. The Herbert Schmidt (Germany) made revolvers were sold under a dizzying number of brand names. And the current Heritage .22 SA are made of the same basic design. If your gun is an import, the key to acquiring parts will be to determine who actually made it. And parts are available for many of the imports.

I'm sure that the revolver in question was made in the States, rather then in the fatherland. As the German made ones have mandatory proofs as required by their laws, it's easy to tell the difference.

Kimel was a name associated with a different guns over the years. A number of different high capacity paramilitary type pistols made during the 80's and 90's were sold under the Kimel name. Although I don't know for a fact that it was the same outfit that made the "Cowboy" revolvers in the 60's and 70's?

Go to Top of Page

jawa
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  12:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked up a Kimel Western Six a few weeks ago that my father bought back in the early eighties. I'm in the same boat you are,I don't know anything about it nor does he, but mine says FIE Miami on the left side underneath the cylinder
Go to Top of Page

Fatstrat
Advanced Member

8257 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  08:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every FIE gun I ever saw was an import. And the .22 SA revolvers were Herbert Schmidts.
This would easy to verify. Just check the auctions. There are usually some FIE E-15 "Buffalo Scouts", or Herbert Schmidt pistols up for auction.
Herbert Schmidt also made some larger frame (basically same as big bore Colt) .22 SA's. Sold under Hawes and other U.S. brand names.

I walk away from auto-flush toilets like movie stars walk away from explosions.....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page