GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 arminius ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oldemagics
Advanced Member

4372 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  4:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just for background, anyone give me the info for arminius revolvers?
mfg, country of origin etc.
also if anyone has exp with them, worth while gun?
thanks in advance, guy at work has one and was wondering if it was worth re-blue or just toss in tackle box. i know the frame is alloy of some kind so only the cyl, hammer and trigger would actually blue

http://oldemagics.com
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-Thomas Jefferson

k_townman
Advanced Member

USA
2657 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  5:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arminius is made in Germany. They are a good quality firearm, although never very popular here in the States. I have one that is chambered in the 32 S&W Long. It's a ball to shoot, and makes a respectable personal defense gun. I got mine here on GB for less than 100 dollars.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Go to Top of Page

DBV

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  7:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the .38 spcl with a 4" barrel. Got it for under $100 also. It shoots great, and is a fine little gun. Maybe you could use one of those home blue kits or something. I wouldn't put much into it though.

K_Towman,

Did you know that those .32's had a recall on them a while back? Be careful carrying it loaded......info below:

ARMINIUS
MODEL HW3,
32 SMITH & WESSON CALIBER, REVOLVER

Warning: The Arminius, 32 Smith & Wesson caliber, model HW 3, revolver has the potential for UNINTENTIONAL DISCHARGE. The firing pin may protrude through the breech face. Revolvers of this model were found to lack a firing pin spring. Additionally, a device that, in theory, should serve the purpose of a hammerblock did not function as such consistently.

Source:

* AFTE Journal, October 1993; Volume 25, Number 4:286-291
Go to Top of Page

oldemagics
Advanced Member

4372 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  7:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this one is .38, 4" "Titan Tiger"
except for the small nick where the cyl hits frame, i told him to not worry about the frame
he is thinking about having me nitre blue (or gold) the worn cyl and maybe the trigger/hammer to go back on the black frame
thanks for the info on origin

http://oldemagics.com
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page