GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 The Dick Act of 1902 (H.R. 11654)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HobbyGuy
Advanced Member

6107 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  8:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the "Dick Act" and please don't be one on this thread by posting stupid comments. This is "serious stuff" and I'm feeling rather foolish to have not been aware of it prior to yesterday. I'm now trying to understand why I was not aware of it (nor are most people that I've queried on the subject)?

I believe it is worth everyone's time to read into it and give some feedback. Here are some links:

http://www.care2.com/news/member/101930885/527449
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/voices/page2.html#1902

Jim

tomahawk
Advanced Member

USA
10241 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  9:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very interesting,

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

RIP Spryor CA#22 1%
Go to Top of Page

joshmb1982
Advanced Member

USA
5776 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  9:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so every draft was a violation of the constitution?? anyone who ever gets charged with anym gun violation can claim this and be good?? sounds way to good to be true
Go to Top of Page

Highball
Advanced Member

18220 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  11:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am pretty much done arguing gun laws, in reference to how we can regain freedom by Courts or politicians.

There remains only one method left.
I merely await the final solution by our masters , and the resultant reaction by Americans.
Go to Top of Page

Nwcid
Advanced Member

USA
9219 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Highball

I am pretty much done arguing gun laws, in reference to how we can regain freedom by Courts or politicians.

There remains only one method left.
I merely await the final solution by those who think they are our masters , and the resultant reaction by Americans.

Fixed it a bit for you.

Just a thought Why would you ask members of a gun forum if you should buy a gun. Kinda like an alcoholic going into a bar to hoping to have someone tell him not to drink.

Anyone who would sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither!!!

Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

What are MG's for?
Because if you are going to cry out, "Say Hello To My Little Fren" and you are holding a bolt action .22, you have no style.

John
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
30434 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  2:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem did this ever pass both houses or did it just die waiting for a vote.

Grumpy Gunny
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
30434 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  2:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was the final bill number. That is only a House Resolution. I find nothing other than what those sites post.

After some more searching that Bill may not be found unless you live near a very good law Library. Bills before that are available and several yerars later are available but around that time only hard copies are available.

Grumpy Gunny

Edited by - grumpygy on 03/21/2009 2:42:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Highball
Advanced Member

18220 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  5:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hobbyguy;
I understand your position..believe me, I do.

The point I am making over and over is...I personally am too old to place any faith in 'taking it to court' for redress. No ruling reversing gun law with any meaning will happen in my remaining lifetime.
I have been ready to 'go to the streets' since 1968.

I am merely waiting for help.

I have talked to various and sundry lawyers over the years...NONE would attempt a case challenging gun laws strictly on the Second Amendment...pronouncing the effort as futile, and gaining me nothing but jail time.

For you see..you have to 'break' the law, before you can challenge it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page