GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 A new Yildiz O/U 12 gauge-What's it Worth??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RogueStatesman
Advanced Member

USA
8294 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  12:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Got another guy wanting to sell me a Yildiz O/U 12 ga shotgun, almost new with no scratches or rust and I think it still has the box.

Can anyone tell me what I should pay for it? Just trying to find the best O/U for the price.
Thanks to all for contributing to my intelligence on these guns.

BigLoop22

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  12:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RogueStatesman,

Well, Academy sells Yildiz shotguns. Yildiz is a Turkish brand. Here are some links to them:

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/shotguns&start=8&selectedSKU=0350-04706-0470

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/shotguns&start=8&selectedSKU=0350-04706-1228

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/shotguns&start=8&selectedSKU=0350-04706-2028

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/shotguns&start=16&selectedSKU=0350-04706-2812

Academy shows them for $400.00-to-$750.00. So, which model are you looking at buying?

BigLoop22
---------------------------------

Hunt101 Photo Complete "img" Links:

Go to Top of Page

RogueStatesman
Advanced Member

USA
8294 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  1:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Its an SPZ ME 12 gauge. I looked at your links (thanks BTW) and I know Academy is kinda high on thier prices. This guy wants $330 for it and I'm kinda thinking I want it. Will I go wrong if I get it for that price and decide to sell later?

Go to Top of Page

1KYDSTR

USA
2332 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  2:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A new "Spartan" 310 is around that so I think you would do fine down the line. I personally think the Turkish guns are very underrated near the top end of their lines so provided the Yildiz is above the middle of the pack price/quality wise, I would say go for it. A working gun at a fair price...what the heck!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
"When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
"History is written by winners"(Patton)
"You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
"There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
“Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you. Be afraid of nothing. There is such a little time…” Richard Halliburton
Go to Top of Page

Robin

1180 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  5:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience has been the quality, fit and finish and reliability of Turkish shotguns to be hit or miss. I would look at the specific shotgun for things like trigger pull, fit of the wood and metal and if possible pull off the butt stock and look over the selector and safety mechanisms. Some of my buddies have CZ's that work great and some have CZ's that have been a headache. Of the lower end O/U's I think the parts related to the single selective trigger give the most head aches. Getting parts and fitting parts may be a problem also. I have a Khan Artemis in 410 that consistently doubles. I tried several times to have it fixed, It's pretty much a single shot for practical purposes.

Worry is the interest humans pay on the debt of miscalculation.<BR>
Go to Top of Page

RogueStatesman
Advanced Member

USA
8294 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  02:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for all your help. I still haven't decided yet, but will by sun-up.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page