GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Weatherby Mark XXII semi auto -
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruno Friia
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  12:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to get an idea of the value of a Mark XXII 22 semi auto, magazine clip, SN low 8000's, made in Italy, excellent condition, maybe 300 rounds fired.

If anyone has any history on this rifle that would be great.

Bruno:-)

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15754 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  12:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a early, (1960's) Beretta made Mark XXII. It would have more value than the later Japanese and U.S. made ones. Haven't seen one sold in years. They were always very high quality expensive guns, selling for way more then the common .22 plinker of that era. Check the auctions and GOOGLE it, you might be able to get a idea on what they are bringing in the real world nowadays.

Go to Top of Page

perry shooter
Advanced Member

13841 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  6:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello I have two of these great rifles that were made in Italy. before Weatherby had them made in Japan only thing I would have different is The trigger guard is a pot metal casting. I have never had any semi auto 22 shoot as small of groups as these two rifles includeing some high end 10/22's You could not buy either of mine but I suggest $600.00 - $750.00 would be in the BALL-PARK.
Go to Top of Page

stevecrea

USA
1497 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  10:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My father bought me one of the Italian-made Mark XXIIs in about 1965. I recall that the SN was in the 8000s. The MSRP was $99.50. It came with five round and 10 round detachable magazines, a metal buttplate, a monte carlo stock with cheekpiece, very quality bluing, checkering, and gloss finish. It also had the single shot feature, which would leave the action open after the shot. It had a tang safety.

It was a very quality firearm, and ones in top condition should go for the price listed by the poster above.

Steve Crea
Go to Top of Page

gunut 1

461 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  11:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If its truely in the condition you state $600 maybe $650...I sold 2 of them about 2/3 years ago...both clip guns with metal 98/99% but with the stocks on both haveing crazeing [which the Italian made guns are known for]....one sold 4 $425 and the other $450...at a local gun show...might of brought more at auction...but who knows...

BTW...Like perry shooter said they tend to be very accurate rifles...mine were...dont know why I sold them

gunut
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page