GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 P Beretta - Cal 6,35 Gardone V.T.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ginbudjim
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  6:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need help with info and value of this family pistol. It has a beautiful silver/chrome frame with pearl handle grips. P Beretta - Cal 6,35 Gardone V.T. is marked on left side of barrel frame. Flip up Safety switch is located on left side above right rear corner of trigger guard. Frame slides back but barrel does NOT flip up as some describe. Right side of barrel frame is marked "MADE IN ITALY". Below that on right frame is stamped the number 46119C The right side front of trigger guard has a round circular pattern stamp with a star in the middle followed by roman numeral XVII. Below that is stamped PSF then a shield type symbol with another round circular pattern stamp with a star in the middle above that. The trigger itself appears to be a solid flat brass mechanism. On the heel of the handle grip is a hinge mechanism that releases the ammo clip. To the left of that hinge stamped on the heel of the handle grip appears to be a backward S or ampersand symbol with a capital A letter below that. Any help with the history and identification of this would be most appreciated. I will attempt to post a photo later if necessary.

Edited by - ginbudjim on 07/16/2009 7:08:33 PM

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15437 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  7:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a Beretta Model 418, sold as the "Bantam" in the states. Your is a delux late production one from the early 60's.

Go to Top of Page

ginbudjim
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  12:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Rufe. Could you give me an approximate value of this P Beretta?? I would say it in excellent condition.
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15437 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  2:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ginbudjim

Thank you Rufe. Could you give me an approximate value of this P Beretta?? I would say it in excellent condition.

I haven't seen one of those fancy ones like you describe, for many years. My guess to the right person it would be worth a couple of hundred bucks more then the plain vanilla Model 418/Bantam.

May be in the $300-$500 range, although nowadays with the economy in the toilet and so many folks out of work. It might take quite a while, finding the right person?

Go to Top of Page

ginbudjim
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  8:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the Beretta Chrome/Pearl Handle .25 Cal
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/ginbudjim/PBeretta008.jpg
Go to Top of Page

ginbudjim
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  11:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another image.
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/ginbudjim/PBeretta002.jpg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page